Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › DT-250 for $27.80 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DT-250 for $27.80 ? - Page 3

post #31 of 75

The way they cancelled it (including wiping it out of your order history) is somewhat annoying. But what annoys me the most is that it took them this long to do it. They should have done so it within a couple of days at most instead of taking this long and allowing everyone's hopes to get raised.

 

Oh well. Congrats to those of you who actually got them delivered!

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #32 of 75

I ordered a few and  they cancelled all except one.  They are shipping 1 of mine! Woot!

post #33 of 75

:mad:

post #34 of 75

:ph34r: Will keep quiet until i receive mine. :popcorn:

post #35 of 75

Mine was cancelled today as well and I am equally annoyed that it took so long for them to deal with it.  I chatted with a customer service rep and it was completely unsatisfactory.  Boo for Amazon.

post #36 of 75

I was able to get them to honor the pricing.

 

Be polite and firm. Avoid using 'you' but rather refer to the company as "Amazon" in 3rd person (you can still refer to yourself in 1st person). Remind them of the 'relationship' you and Amazon share and how you are a loyal customer (I hope you are a prime subscriber)...

 

And with all customer service 'issues' be DIRECT in stating what you expect to be done, beating around the bush does no good. Directly say "I hope Amazon will honor the posted pricing" or something along those lines (but don't DEMAND anything, stamping your feet around throwing a tantrum like a child will get you no where).

 

I had good results in getting Amazon to honor the pricing with this strategy AND they threw in next day shipping without me asking for it.

 

YMMV. Goodluck!

post #37 of 75

I'm a long time prime customer, but they definitely weren't willing to honor the price for me. Even when I reminded them that they actually shipped me the wrong product that I had to return. I guess I was not firm enough, or my csr just didn't care. :triportsad: 

post #38 of 75

After I had a less than satisfactory discussion with one of their CS reps (not unprofessional or rude, just not helpful), another called me and was awesome.  Amazon makes occasional mistakes but always finds a way to rectify them to my satisfaction.

post #39 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthman View Post
 

After I had a less than satisfactory discussion with one of their CS reps (not unprofessional or rude, just not helpful), another called me and was awesome.  Amazon makes occasional mistakes but always finds a way to rectify them to my satisfaction.

 

I take it you got them to honor the price too?

post #40 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryUprising View Post
 

I was able to get them to honor the pricing.

 

Be polite and firm. Avoid using 'you' but rather refer to the company as "Amazon" in 3rd person (you can still refer to yourself in 1st person). Remind them of the 'relationship' you and Amazon share and how you are a loyal customer (I hope you are a prime subscriber)...

 

And with all customer service 'issues' be DIRECT in stating what you expect to be done, beating around the bush does no good. Directly say "I hope Amazon will honor the posted pricing" or something along those lines (but don't DEMAND anything, stamping your feet around throwing a tantrum like a child will get you no where).

 

I had good results in getting Amazon to honor the pricing with this strategy AND they threw in next day shipping without me asking for it.

 

YMMV. Goodluck!

 

 

Excellent advice. I'm not sure it would be worth trying myself considering (a) jwong got denied and (b) I am not a prime subscriber.

 

Anyone want to sell me their dt250's for $50? :)

post #41 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

 

Excellent advice. I'm not sure it would be worth trying myself considering (a) jwong got denied and (b) I am not a prime subscriber.

 

Anyone want to sell me their dt250's for $50? :)

^ And THAT you're a CANADIAN so...... odds are against ya'. : P

 

But it doesn't hurt to try tbh, since others that got denied the 1st time eventually got satisfactory outcomes. :)

 

edit: sure add another $50 for the shipping and it's a done deal. hoho :veryevil:


Edited by sfwalcer - 10/1/13 at 8:49pm
post #42 of 75

Thanks for posting that.  I contacted them via chat after reading your post and had some success as well-- took some creativity from the CSR/supervisor.


Can anyone compare these to the DT-990 or the 770?


Edited by automaton - 10/2/13 at 8:44am
post #43 of 75

Just to rub salt in the wound, amazon.ca just sent me a "you might be interested in these" email showing the DT250's for $250 CN. I kinda feel liking punching a corporation in the face right now!

post #44 of 75

I followed the advice in this thread and it worked out well for me.  As suggested, I was polite, but firm about the whole thing.  Went for the online chat option on their site, mentioned how I purchased the item at the listed price, and 2 weeks later got the email that my order was being cancelled.  Also mentioned how I've been using Amazon for a long period of time and have been a Prime member for a while.  They said they would look into the item and eventually said that they could not change the price; however they would see what they could offer me.  They ended up offering a credit to my account about equal to what the headphones were listed (they offered $30).  I'm not greedy, so that's more than fine by me.  When I placed the order, I never anticipated getting the headphones, even though I may have gotten my hopes up at times.  It's a shame I didn't get them, but I'm content with this.  

post #45 of 75

LOL you guys are funny. Asking for credits etc just for a major pricing mistake. Why on earth would you even expect to get a $200 headphone for $30.

 

Then this thing about how it was "stuck" in Amazon's purchase list. It's not like they charged you for it if it was not in stock.

 

I bet when someone drops their wallet you ask them for a finders fee :biggrin:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › DT-250 for $27.80 ?