I want to upgrade from my stock motherboard sound. Im looking to keep it low budget, but I think the sound can get much better than stock motherboard sound.
- Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
- Headphone gaming: Superlux HD 668B
- Headphone music: Fischer Audio FA-003
- Other sources: Lumia 520 and Archos A43
- Important: Competitive FPS gaming. No bass is needed for this, just footstept. Footsteps only.
And knowing from which direction these footsteps are coming.
My current gaming headphone is a Superlux 668B. (Im looking into a new one, possibly Pioneer SE-A1000 or Takstar Hi 2050).
- Music: For music my motherboard sound isnt very good at the moment.
The headphone I'm using for music is a Fischer Audio FA-003
The bass sounds way to soft. On my Archos A43 its not bad. On my Lumia 520 its decent but the sound is very collored and not so clear as on the A43.
Is there something like a good basic set up?
An internal PCI card is possible but I'm also interested in a seperate desktop setup so I can use it with other sound sources. Unless an PCI card is much better for gaming.
So AMP's and DAC's etc, I dont know what I need :p
Thanks for looking.