- 1,945 Posts. Joined 11/2002
- Location: Tokyo
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please share your BEST SQ DAP or DAC / Amp.combo for I Device and Android as SOURCE For Desktop... Last post on 11/3/13 at 11:14am in Portable Source Gear
- DAC for SR-009/BHSE Last post on 7/24/13 at 6:05pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Stax SR-009 - Which Stax Energiser Amp To Pair With? Last post on 9/10/12 at 11:07am in High-end Audio Forum
- iTunes encoding changed over the years/versions? Last post on 9/22/12 at 4:59pm in Computer Audio
- SRM-727II or SRM-007t for Stax SR-009? Last post on 2/29/12 at 10:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve RKV + WooAudio Wee, Stax... - Page 5post #61 of 622/23/14 at 7:37pmThread StarterCat6man: congrats, color me envious
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 622/24/14 at 12:41amQuote:Originally Posted by cat6man
I'm listening right now to 009 + BHSE + D1 Dual and if anything can get better than this, I think my head would explode.
My big issue now, evaluating the TotalDAC, is the the digital volume control has to be set at -30dB or lower feeding my VTL amps to Nola speakers.
The digital attenuation kills the magic. I tried comparing 0dB attenuation in DAC + BHSE vs. -28dB attenuation in DAC and more gain in BHSE and it was no contest. The BHSE attenuator is much superior to digital volume control at those levels.
I'm trying to find a way to keep Vincent's DAC but I don't use a pre-amp (or want one) and the digital volume control is a roadblock for me.
p.s. If the T2-like is really noticeably better than the BHSE, I don't want to hear it! These *&! head-fi meets have already cost me much more than I ever anticipated
Congratulations on your very good audio system (Japanese estat, American amp, French dac).
What wonderful production of High-end Hi-Fi material !
Listening, yesterday evening, the 009 + RKV amp (without Wee 1:50 voltage transformers) + Dac Audiomat Maestro Reference (*) + Audiomat D1 Drive is not bad either and if anything can get better than this, I might lose a very good bottle of Bordeaux...
(*) French dac (Audiomat), also : http://www.mutine.com/Fiches/Mutine_Fiche_Audiomat_Maestro_Reference_En.pdf
as Totaldac D1 Dual : http://www.totaldac.com/REFERENCE-D1-eng.htm
Edited by eric65 - 2/24/14 at 6:26am
- Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve RKV + WooAudio Wee, Stax SRM727 / SRM007t2)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S Mezmerize US Cellular (uses wolfson wm8994 DAC) 17 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 56 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Lehmann black cube Linear 4 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude