or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) - Page 36

post #526 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


You tried the X3 by itself? Curious To know how the E12 improves the sound.

It definitely improves, not by a huge stretch but it is noticeable for sure. Instruments sound a touch more resolving, clearer, and definitely hit with more authority and speed.

 

E12 Bass boost on versus EQing the bass on the X3.. E12 delivers it so much better imo. Drums and Snares have that snap that make me smile. 

 

Clarity and Seperation do take a short leap forward from most tracks I've heard. 

 

Using Chesky's Ultimate Demo Discs and Ultrasone's Demo Disc for comparison.. so enjoyable.

 

edit: Is having the E12 in this combo worth the extra $90-$130? I'd say not necessary. But I have it, and I hate push button volume controls.. and I love the look.. so yeah it was for me.

 

edit 2: E12 is worth it if you're wanting that bass to slam. EQ'd X3 Bass +7 to +10 vs X3 +0 w/ E12 (bass boost on) sounds so much cleaner and hits harder.  It was really noticeable when I played some Trap music. 


Edited by RochRx7 - 6/12/14 at 10:29am
post #527 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post
 

What iems those be?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppu08 View Post


I think those are Dunus 2000..

 

Correct, Dunu DN-2000's

post #528 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lehrer View Post
 

 

 

+1. Just remember to put the protective films otherwise you´ll get scratches in the back of your iPod, I don´t like the protective film for the scroll wheel, just my opinion.

I managed to get a scuff or two on the back in the week I had the iPod before buying a case, even though I kept it in a little microfiber pouch. That mirrored aluminum is something else...

post #529 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by neethimesama View Post

I managed to get a scuff or two on the back in the week I had the iPod before buying a case, even though I kept it in a little microfiber pouch. That mirrored aluminum is something else...

 



I always put the Zagg Invisibleshield on my things right when I get them. Phone screens, and especially iPods. I still have an Ipod from 2004 that has a mint looking screen. Back then I put my ipods in real tight saran wrap, that was taped in the back, then put them in a case. It kept dirt out. When I finally got an invisble shield on it several years later, it was still mint. Still is to this day which I think adds to my appeal to the iPod.

Also I just recently picked up a mint iPod Classic 2nd generation on eBay and waiting for it to come in. Going to swap the 10GB HDD for a 128GB SD card if I can manage it. But I'll also be putting an invisible shield on at least the screen and the pack of it. Not sure if they sell an invisible shield for a 2nd gen iPod classic, but I'll find something. May have to use the back of another model invisible shield. Anyone know of any other invisible shield type companies?
post #530 of 1098


post #531 of 1098

Damn Uncle, did you take that pic?

 

That looks like a poster I'm about to hang up on my wall in like 5 seconds. If I had a C3.

post #532 of 1098
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post

Damn Uncle, did you take that pic?

That looks like a poster I'm about to hang up on my wall in like 5 seconds. If I had a C3.
He's got some amazing photography skills! smily_headphones1.gif
post #533 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post
 

Damn Uncle, did you take that pic?

 

That looks like a poster I'm about to hang up on my wall in like 5 seconds. If I had a C3.



Yes Sir. Uncle H20 observed lots of utube videos and coached himself.

post #534 of 1098

Nice job H2O, magazine quality shot there;)

post #535 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post



Yes Sir. Uncle H20 observed lots of utube videos and coached himself.

 

Good shiet. You've inspired my soul to youtube and learn some of this craft as well. Any recommendations?

post #536 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post
 

 

Good shiet. You've inspired my soul to youtube and learn some of this craft as well. Any recommendations?



A camera with full manual mode is where to begin, (you really need one) then learn about ISO, aperture and shutter speed. It's quite overwhelming at first because for each reaction to one area there's a counter reaction that effects the other areas so balance is important. 

Mostly it's about controlling light to your favor. For example, indoor shots I use studio lights or I'd get absolutely no-where.

Introduction to ISO / Aperture / Shutter speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8T94sdiNjc

 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 6/13/14 at 8:11am
post #537 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



A camera with full manual mode is where to begin, (you really need one) then learn about ISO, aperture and shutter speed. It's quite overwhelming at first because for each reaction to one area there's a counter reaction that effects the other areas so balance is important. 

Mostly it's about controlling light to your favor. For example, indoor shots I use studio lights or I'd get absolutely no-where.

Introduction to ISO / Aperture / Shutter speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8T94sdiNjc

 

Thanks unc, starting on this today! Cheers!

post #538 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 



A camera with full manual mode is where to begin, (you really need one) then learn about ISO, aperture and shutter speed. It's quite overwhelming at first because for each reaction to one area there's a counter reaction that effects the other areas so balance is important. 

Mostly it's about controlling light to your favor. For example, indoor shots I use studio lights or I'd get absolutely no-where.

Introduction to ISO / Aperture / Shutter speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8T94sdiNjc

 

Absolutely and well said sir, being old school (high school annual staff photographer 1975) and carrying my Canon F-1 everywhere I went along with 30 rolls of B&W film and trusty light meter I learned how to take a myriad of different photo's with a totally non-automatic:bigsmile_face: Great clip by Tony as well, he explains all the different compensations well. 

post #539 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

Absolutely and well said sir, being old school (high school annual staff photographer 1975) and carrying my Canon F-1 everywhere I went along with 30 rolls of B&W film and trusty light meter I learned how to take a myriad of different photo's with a totally non-automatic:bigsmile_face:  Great clip by Tony as well, he explains all the different compensations well. 

Awesome mate!

I started out taking photos of my audio gear with a really old 5mp Nokia N95 camera phone, then one day figured I'm basically logging all this forever so why not try and improve the picture quality. After that I kind of became addicted.
post #540 of 1098

Trust me I know the addiction as I got on a gear binge in the 80's and had to have 120 format Hasselblad's/Yakima's then their were the endless searches to get pristine Leica M3/6's and it was worse I think than audio:rolleyes:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)