or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) - Page 32

post #466 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

GREQ, are those custom leather covers you've made for those rigs? I like:beerchug:

 

Yeah, I made those. 

It's the 3rd version I've made, but now I'm finally happy enough with the final design to post it up.

 

Here's a picture of the backs of the cases.

 

post #467 of 1098

Nicely done, I too love the all black, all business looking with a slight sinister edge:wink_face:

post #468 of 1098
I like that case! I may have to make one similiar, even though I suck at anything sewing. I also have an E17 I use with my 5.5G iMod. Right now I mostly just velcro them together, and use the bands to prevent scratches/act as bumpers. So they are both velcroed and banded. But for right now, Im useing my UHA 6S.MKII amp, but this Idea would work even better then my ALO Amp Wallet. +1 for the idea and the great work!
Edited by DR650SE - 5/14/14 at 11:48am
post #469 of 1098
Wrong thread
Edited by JoeDoe - 5/16/14 at 1:37pm
post #470 of 1098
Thread Starter 
The new leather case arrived from Thailand for the X3, excellent workmanship, I'll be posting a review of it later on with more pictures etc...

A7X "This Means War" from Hail to the King is slammin on the Koss TBSE's!

post #471 of 1098

post #472 of 1098
Thread Starter 
New Senn's? smily_headphones1.gif
post #473 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

New Senn's? smily_headphones1.gif

 

I've had them for a little bit now, just never posted a pic...lol. Really excellent sound if you can handle the clamping force (maybe I just have a big head?)

 

So the full description of above....Nokia Lumia 520 playing Pandora, into the wonderful Sennheiser HD25-1 II. :L3000: 

post #474 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

I've had them for a little bit now, just never posted a pic...lol. Really excellent sound if you can handle the clamping force (maybe I just have a big head?)

 

So the full description of above....Nokia Lumia 520 playing Pandora, into the wonderful Sennheiser HD25-1 II. :L3000: 

 

Does the Lumia have gapless playback? 

 

I had a WP and my only ever problem was i couldn't ever get into an album because of the little gap.

post #475 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post
 

 

Does the Lumia have gapless playback? 

 

I had a WP and my only ever problem was i couldn't ever get into an album because of the little gap.

I don't know yet....I just got it and I haven't had any free time to just chill and really listen. Hopefully in the next couple days I will be able to find out, I loaded a few gapless albums on earlier.

post #476 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post
 

 

Does the Lumia have gapless playback? 

 

I had a WP and my only ever problem was i couldn't ever get into an album because of the little gap.

 

OK, I gave it a whirl with some gapless tunes, and no, not proper gapless. Roughly equivalent to a lower-end non-Android Sony player, if memory serves me correctly. 

I don't have a ton of gapless music, so it's not something that would really bug me(besides I have several other players that are gapless), but it would bother you and many other people here, I'd guess. 

post #477 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

OK, I gave it a whirl with some gapless tunes, and no, not proper gapless. Roughly equivalent to a lower-end non-Android Sony player, if memory serves me correctly. 

I don't have a ton of gapless music, so it's not something that would really bug me(besides I have several other players that are gapless), but it would bother you and many other people here, I'd guess. 

Yeah it was definitely my only ever problem with the platform. When I had stuff on shuffle, never cared, but on the way to college/work if I threw on an album it bothered me beyond belief. 

 

 

As long as you enjoy it though, that's the main thing :beyersmile:

post #478 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post
 

Yeah it was definitely my only ever problem with the platform. When I had stuff on shuffle, never cared, but on the way to college/work if I threw on an album it bothered me beyond belief. 

 

 

As long as you enjoy it though, that's the main thing :beyersmile:

 

A couple of years ago, when I had lower-grade headphones, I probably would have complained about the lack of any kind of equalizer, but now that I have some quality 'phones, I have no complaints about the sound. Even if I never put a SIM card in it, it's still like an iPod Touch but far cheaper....and it has a microsd slot. So Touch has gapless, but no card slot.....Lumia has no gapless, but card slot. Cool thing is, I have both. :D

post #479 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

A couple of years ago, when I had lower-grade headphones, I probably would have complained about the lack of any kind of equalizer, but now that I have some quality 'phones, I have no complaints about the sound. Even if I never put a SIM card in it, it's still like an iPod Touch but far cheaper....and it has a microsd slot. So Touch has gapless, but no card slot.....Lumia has no gapless, but card slot. Cool thing is, I have both. :D

 

Well, that's what it's all about, right? Enjoying what you have? I love Head-Fi but $1000 DAPs, Amps and DACs is just beyond me. 

 

I'm so happy with my 

 

IPC > C&C BH > SE215s/M80s/S500s that going much more is crazy, bar out of pure interest. 

post #480 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

A couple of years ago, when I had lower-grade headphones, I probably would have complained about the lack of any kind of equalizer, but now that I have some quality 'phones, I have no complaints about the sound. Even if I never put a SIM card in it, it's still like an iPod Touch but far cheaper....and it has a microsd slot. So Touch has gapless, but no card slot.....Lumia has no gapless, but card slot. Cool thing is, I have both. :D




 





Not sure if this makes Mid-fi but Imma post it anyway. Why not live on the edge a little......

NWZ-F806 / H3 Combo.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)