or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) - Page 27

post #391 of 1098

 

Hifiman HM700 with Creative Aurvana Live!2 or with his Re400 in balanced mode.

post #392 of 1098
Nice red color lining combo! Sexy but not too fancy.
post #393 of 1098

 

8Gig IPod Touch with AKG K512 MK 11

post #394 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

8Gig IPod Touch with AKG K512 MK 11

 

That looks fantastically simple. How is it?

post #395 of 1098
I already pre ordered X5 from E1 personal audio. Thinking of posting pics on this thread with either my R2L or my CIEM. However either way, I paid around 900 sgd for my rig.... can I safely post in this thread without getting scorned at??? Just asking smily_headphones1.gif
post #396 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post

That looks fantastically simple. How is it?

The AKG K512s MK2s are a mixed bag. I would not recommend buying them to anyone until they hear em first.

They are kind of like mini k701s, but you have to EQ the treble spike. Nice soundstage. Not loud but airy and comfortable. Still the pairing is qwerky at best. Still fun.

Big headstage but still toy-like in sound.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 3/9/14 at 6:06am
post #397 of 1098
post #398 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by turo91 View Post
 

 

Hifiman HM700 with Creative Aurvana Live!2 or with his Re400 in balanced mode.

I really enjoyed my Live 2s when I had them, how do you find them?

post #399 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post

The AKG K512s MK2s are a mixed bag. I would not recommend buying them to anyone until they hear em first.

They are kind of like mini k701s, but you have to EQ the treble spike. Nice soundstage. Not loud but airy and comfortable. Still the pairing is qwerky at best. Still fun.

Big headstage but still toy-like in sound.

Did you try amping?
post #400 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


is it the sony mdr series HP paired w/DX50? M50 does'nt come with stiched like headbands.......and per your sig grados doesnt have collapsible models either..
post #401 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


is it the sony mdr series HP paired w/DX50? M50 does'nt come with stiched like headbands.......and per your sig grados doesnt have collapsible models either..

If I'm not mistaken, that's the MDR-V6 from Sony. 

post #402 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post

If I'm not mistaken, that's the MDR-V6 from Sony. 
or could it be MDR-7506?
post #403 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post

or could it be MDR-7506?
Could be, mate. Could be.. We'll see what the original poster says.
post #404 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


is it the sony mdr series HP paired w/DX50? M50 does'nt come with stiched like headbands.......and per your sig grados doesnt have collapsible models either..

Its the MDR V6. 

 

My sig only contains the starters. The bench players only make it onto head-fi picture threads once in a blue moon :)

post #405 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

Its the MDR V6. 

 

My sig only contains the starters. The bench players only make it onto head-fi picture threads once in a blue moon :)



I love MDR V6, such an awesome headphone, mine had been sitting in a soft pouch for sometime however after seeing your picture I pulled them out, they never cease to amaze me. The bass has excellent texture, plus the overall tonality of the headphone is just superb. I wish there were direct upgrades while keeping many of the same characteristics.

Here's mine plugged into Studio V / JDS C421 / V6. 

I use the amp because it seems to improve the soundstage and gives my V6 a stiffer back bone while evening out the bright tonality from the Studio alone.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)