Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) - Page 22

post #316 of 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftbum View Post
 

Hello Everyone, I new to the forums.

I look forward to meet you guys & learn more about audio.

 

This is my Daily rig:

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vi0rp46pahl3ab3/2014-02-19%2012.53.36.jpg

 

Nexus 7 2013 > CM11 M3 > USB OTG > USB DAC (Syba SD-CM-UAUD) > Interconect > JDS Labs CmoyBB v2.03 > Sony MDR-XB400

 

Hopefully I'll be upgrading to a Stoner Acoustics UD110v2 in the near future.

I will also upgrade my headphones, but still unsure what will work work best with current combo. 

Suggestions are welcomed.

I vote for Ultrasones or XB700/1000

post #317 of 613

my dap - no amp rig :D

 

post #318 of 613
Thread Starter 

The Pelican 1020 Case arrived for my X3 & E12 providing a perfect fit.

 

post #319 of 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

The Pelican 1020 Case arrived for my X3 & E12 providing a perfect fit.

 

Excellent case. What kind of cord is that?

post #320 of 613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post

Excellent case. What kind of cord is that?
My DIY 6 conductor braid with the big Pailiccs plugs.
post #321 of 613

I really need to get more into the DIY stuff :redface:

post #322 of 613

Nicely done, TrollDragon! Very heavy-duty stuff, and the IC goes with the looks as well!

post #323 of 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

The Pelican 1020 Case arrived for my X3 & E12 providing a perfect fit.





Nice!
post #324 of 613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post


Nice!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShohailXTR View Post
 

Nicely done, TrollDragon! Very heavy-duty stuff, and the IC goes with the looks as well!

Thanks Guys!

post #325 of 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post
 

 

Thanks Guys!

I second the fella's TrollD, beautiful setup and handy work on that IC:D I've been tossing the idea of a non iDevice DAP rig with either the X3/E12 combo or spending a wee bit more on a DX50/C5 setup. How are you liking the FiiO setup? Now mind you Rudi got wind of my considered adventure and seeing my home rigs in my profile basically told me to not beat around the bush and just order myself an AK120:blink: I'm like Grasshopper needs to do this in baby steps, I can't wait to hear the difference in a non iDevice from all my i-whatevers:rolleyes: Good lord I have not even delved into the portable balanced world yet! LOL

post #326 of 613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podster View Post

I second the fella's TrollD, beautiful setup and handy work on that IC:D  I've been tossing the idea of a non iDevice DAP rig with either the X3/E12 combo or spending a wee bit more on a DX50/C5 setup. How are you liking the FiiO setup? Now mind you Rudi got wind of my considered adventure and seeing my home rigs in my profile basically told me to not beat around the bush and just order myself an AK120:blink:  I'm like Grasshopper needs to do this in baby steps, I can't wait to hear the difference in a non iDevice from all my i-whatevers:rolleyes:  Good lord I have not even delved into the portable balanced world yet! LOL
Thanks Podster!
If you are coming from an iDevice world and you have the cash to spare, I would recommend you follow Rudi's advice (Except for the tinfoil on the wires to improve the crystal content of the subcutaneous unicorn hair fibres that improve the sonic incongruity of the signal transfer...) and go with the AK120. The user interface on the X3 was written by Simians and you will not be pleased with its functionality. I read that the DX50 has it share of bugs an whatnot as well.

Do yourself a favour, pop the quid and grab yourself the player that has a lot of respect in the community at large. I don't see a lot of complaints about the AKXXX series.
beerchug.gif
post #327 of 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

 (Except for the tinfoil on the wires to improve the crystal content of the subcutaneous unicorn hair fibres that improve the sonic incongruity of the signal transfer...)


HAHAHAHAHAHA you crack me up xD

post #328 of 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post


Thanks Podster!
If you are coming from an iDevice world and you have the cash to spare, I would recommend you follow Rudi's advice (Except for the tinfoil on the wires to improve the crystal content of the subcutaneous unicorn hair fibres that improve the sonic incongruity of the signal transfer...) and go with the AK120. The user interface on the X3 was written by Simians and you will not be pleased with its functionality. I read that the DX50 has it share of bugs an whatnot as well.

Do yourself a favour, pop the quid and grab yourself the player that has a lot of respect in the community at large. I don't see a lot of complaints about the AKXXX series.
beerchug.gif

LOL, good thing Rudi does not waste his time here in the lowly Mid-Fi area or he would be adding to that topology:eek: So your basically saying go with the highly praised AK stuff if stepping away from iDevices eh? You may have a good point, if I just wanted non iDevice I could always Sansa and save a ton right:-0 I did get a pm to just hold for an X5 but you are correct if I'm going to put out a couple hun for a X3 or DX50 I should just sprint and skip right past all the trials stuff:cool: I've watched the vids on the AK's and there are some heavy hitters giving up big props for them, guess a pair of Roxanne's or Kaiser's with an AK120 would be a pretty tuff portable setup to beat:regular_smile :

post #329 of 613
Dx50 definitely. I have it and I dont have any problems with it. Dx50 and the c5 is great combo
post #330 of 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekeRugburn View Post

Dx50 definitely. I have it and I dont have any problems with it. Dx50 and the c5 is great combo

Yes Teke, I was for sure leaning towards that combo but for just a little more I could be in a AK100/100 II:bigsmile_face:  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600)