Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM - Page 28

post #406 of 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsblood View Post
 

There seems to be a love it or hate it affair with the s-em6... I've read through so many criticism saying that it is too dark and muffled, sounds like hearing music from another room etc. There were also praises that behind those dark-ish sound lies the details ready to intoxicate the listener XD Reason I am interested in these is because I love the creamy mid description, and I am really sensitive to sparkly trebles.

 

Anyway, musicaacoustics are doing some pretty awesome combo deals on the s-em6, I might pull the trigger... But with so much negative impressions, it's kind of worrying for a supposedly totl iem.

 

EarSonics has a particular sound signature, and one that is darker than the typical head-fi preferred sound.  But, there was also something wrong with my first S-EM6 which pushed the treble way to the back.  I thought that it was just how the S-EM6 was supposed to sound from my initial listening since it fell into the realm of the sound signature, although I did find it rather odd.  EarSonics contacted me requesting I send my unit back for testing since they thought there might be driver issues, which there were.  I have more info in my upcoming review if you can wait a few days...

post #407 of 591
Hey joe! Do you have the crystal version coming or are they jut fixing your unit and returning it?
post #408 of 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

 

EarSonics has a particular sound signature, and one that is darker than the typical head-fi preferred sound.  But, there was also something wrong with my first S-EM6 which pushed the treble way to the back.  I thought that it was just how the S-EM6 was supposed to sound from my initial listening since it fell into the realm of the sound signature, although I did find it rather odd.  EarSonics contacted me requesting I send my unit back for testing since they thought there might be driver issues, which there were.  I have more info in my upcoming review if you can wait a few days...

 

Thanks joe, I pulled the trigger, impulsive buying and too good deal Dimitri offered at musicaacoustics. Anyway, still looking forward to your new impression! I will post also mine when I get them and do some listening.

post #409 of 591

Shame, my pair was for sale in the forum and I am in the UK...:(

post #410 of 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post
 

Shame, my pair was for sale in the forum and I am in the UK...:(

 

ah man, looks like you decided to keep them? I see you also have the shure se846

post #411 of 591
I had a change of heart for a little while but fell in love with the Shure 😉 so the Earsonics are back in the sale forum.
post #412 of 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotnijoe View Post

Hey joe! Do you have the crystal version coming or are they jut fixing your unit and returning it?

 

I returned the regular version and received a Crystal.  I believe they would do the same foe anyone with a defective product.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsblood View Post

 

Thanks joe, I pulled the trigger, impulsive buying and too good deal Dimitri offered at musicaacoustics. Anyway, still looking forward to your new impression! I will post also mine when I get them and do some listening.

 

Nice, I am looking forward to your impressions.  Did you buy the regular version or a Crystal as it looks like he has both?

post #413 of 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

 

I returned the regular version and received a Crystal.  I believe they would do the same foe anyone with a defective product.

 

 

Nice, I am looking forward to your impressions.  Did you buy the regular version or a Crystal as it looks like he has both?

 

I got the crystal ; )

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpunk View Post

I had a change of heart for a little while but fell in love with the Shure 😉 so the Earsonics are back in the sale forum.

 

Oh i see. Btw, which card did you use on your hm 901? And was it single ended or balanced with your s-em6?

post #414 of 591

You can see my review here.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsblood View Post

 

I got the crystal ; )

 

Good!

post #415 of 591

Excellent review Joe ! Thank you !

post #416 of 591

Thank you very much Joe... happy to hear that you finally tried them...;-)

post #417 of 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

 

Good!

 

thanks joe, it is a wonderful review, i really enjoyed reading it!

post #418 of 591

Right now, the S-EM6 is the only piece of audio equipment I'm honestly interested in buying.
Even more so after reading joes great review!

post #419 of 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Right now, the S-EM6 is the only piece of audio equipment I'm honestly interested in buying.
Even more so after reading joes great review!

 

Shoot me a pm

post #420 of 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightwalker View Post
 

 

Shoot me a pm

Oh I can't afford these any time soon!
I was just generally speaking ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM