Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM - Page 26

post #376 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwong28 View Post


Sorry to be disrespectful my friend !
Ok here u go if i am going to upgrade from UM mage and Sm64 should i get the EM-6 Or EM32? i really don't wish to keep staying at 3-4BA any good recommendations ?


Number of BA's are not important, how they are tuned is what matters.

 

As for EM32 or EM6, it is up to your preferences. EM32 is more accurate apparently, tuned for more stage musicians with forward sounding. EM6, apparently, more colored and laid back, tuned for musical enjoyment instead of pinpoint accuracy. What I understood, EM6 can be improved version of SM64 but at the end you decide what to choose for.

 

I am sure Rollk can help better as he has both of them. My experience with him was nothing but pleasure, he is by far one of the most helpful users in here, if you were not joking, I would really expect you to talk nicely in the forum.

 

I also use only a 5BA ciem, but it blows everything else so far, I can assure you, people who knows about these things will tell you, more drivers don't mean better sound in ciems.

post #377 of 590
If you're searching for fun sound signature with a forward medium the EM6 is a good choice, although I certainly prefer the EM4 because they're more relax and offer a more audiophile presentation as you're in the public. The EM6 are more on stage, with more impact and decibel in the mid bass, but with a better sense of harmony in the highs too. But the EM6 are a little bit more fatiguing than the EM4.
To my mind the EM32 are far different in terms of sound signature, more neutral with a sub bass emphasis that I never heard before (with IEM and OEM). They have both the qualities of EM4 and EM6 with a better layering. The musicality is as good as with the EM6, but the focus is not done on the mids and mid bass, it is done on each instrument which are imbricated one the soundstage : it's a good mix of the EM6 and EM4 presentation. The sound is thicker than with the EM6 and more precise.

From what I read I think that the SE5 have more details but EM32 and SE5 seems to be not so far in terms of philosophy
post #378 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

From what I read I think that the SE5 have more details but EM32 and SE5 seems to be not so far in terms of philosophy

Don't talk like that, you gonna make me delete the EM32 from my list :happy_face1:

post #379 of 590
Hehe, it seems betterave for your wallet to know that than to have two CIEMs that are similar. But the EM32 have a sub bass emphasis that don't have the SE5 which can bring the lows to those notes without this emphasis. But I'm not sure, Joe has to transform their EM4 in EM32 or Jason smily_headphones1.gif
post #380 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

Hehe, it seems betterave for your wallet to know that than to have two CIEMs that are similar. But the EM32 have a sub bass emphasis that don't have the SE5 which can bring the lows to those notes without this emphasis. But I'm not sure, Joe has to transform their EM4 in EM32 or Jason smily_headphones1.gif


With my student wallet, I better upgrade other parts of my audio chain, since I already covered the monitor part with SE5way :happy_face1: It won't need an update long time, but a nice source is definitely, urgently needed in my rig.

post #381 of 590
Yes you're right, I'm looking for the x5 like you, patience.
But I'm pretty impatient to have my pro330, another CIEM with 3 BA, 2 ways that could be a challenger for my EM32 with another sound signature.
post #382 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

Yes you're right, I'm looking for the x5 like you, patience.
But I'm pretty impatient to have my pro330, another CIEM with 3 BA, 2 ways that could be a challenger for my EM32 with another sound signature.


Have fun with the new ciems then, I read only exceptionally good things about Peter, I am sure he knows what he is doing. Also welcome to the silicone ciem world, you gonna love the comfort and increased isolation (though EarSonics fills the acrylic shells like FitEar, their isolation must be good too).


Edited by AmberOzL - 1/19/14 at 4:07pm
post #383 of 590
The isolation is yet great, more than ER4p, but I'm looking for a better comfort especially for sleeping smily_headphones1.gif
I'm completely confident in Piotr talents smily_headphones1.gif
post #384 of 590

I was contacted about the S-EM6 write up I did. Apparently they want to replace my set with a Crystal version, which leaves me a little suspicious that it's a retune of the S-EM6, not the manufacturing fault story they gave average_joe. Given that I could hear the upper treble via tone sweeps, it seems to me that the dark tuning was done on purpose via crossover networks, and it wasn't a faulty driver issue.

 

And RE the darkness issue, it's funny that average_joe heard the S-EM6 the way I did:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

For me the SM64 fits better, but the S-EM6 isn't an issue.  The shape is made to accommodate a large range of ear sizes, and my ears are big, so the fit isn't ideal, but I could learn to live with them no problem.  I doubt I could say the same for the K3003, for example.

 

 

Per EarSonics, it was discovered that the original S-EM6 run had a series of small problems. They have improved the manufacturing process and increased testing and the Crystal version performs as intended. The differences between my original S-EM6 and the replacement Crystal are significant. With the original, some treble instruments were pushed very far back and the sound was dark and just different; not what I was expecting. I preferred the SM64 sound signature by a large margin. The new S-EM6 is noticeably superior to the SM64, and even the EM4 in many ways.

 

What can you do if you are a S-EM6 owner? Fortunately/unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, you can send your S-EM6 back for testing, and if there is an issue they will replace it with a Crystal that is functioning properly.  Dealers can send them back for you, but you will have to work out turn time with them.

 

 

 

Furthermore, my main issue with the S-EM6 doesn't come from the treble, rather from the congested lower mids and bass.

 

 

I just think you can do a lot better for your money.

post #385 of 590

To continue my last point... I think the Cardas Ear Monitor gives you the same type of signature as the S-EM6, at a similar technical level, but for $600 less. The cable is unwieldy, but it's $600 less.

post #386 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

To continue my last point... I think the Cardas Ear Monitor gives you the same type of signature as the S-EM6, at a similar technical level, but for $600 less. The cable is unwieldy, but it's $600 less.

1. I tested Cardas but mid was not as forward and clear as S-EM6. Two Very different types of IEM.

2. If EARSONICS proposes replacement, you should better try.

3. If you still find it bad sounding, then you just don't like it. That's all.

4. There are also people saying S-EM6 is very impressive.

5. You are free to write anything but I find it suspicious if you should advise people not to buy it before actually trying it, based on your PREFERENCE.
post #387 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyojpn View Post


1. I tested Cardas but mid was not as forward and clear as S-EM6. Two Very different types of IEM.

2. If EARSONICS proposes replacement, you should better try.

3. If you still find it bad sounding, then you just don't like it. That's all.

4. There are also people saying S-EM6 is very impressive.

5. You are free to write anything but I find it suspicious if you should advise people not to buy it before actually trying it, based on your PREFERENCE.

 

1. Both very warm, boosted treble and bass, recessed upper mids and treble. Detail levels very similar.

 

2. I don't see the need to replace an iem when other's impressions match my own. Also, they plan to replace it with a newly tuned Crystal version.

 

3. I'm not advising anyone to not buy something. It's not my money. I'm just saying you can do a lot better for your money.

post #388 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post


3. I'm not advising anyone to not buy something. It's not my money. I'm just saying you can do a lot better for your money.

Sorry but to me you are just repeating same thing twice.

I'll leave it others to judge.
post #389 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyojpn View Post


Sorry but to me you are just repeating same thing twice.

I'll leave it others to judge.

 

Yes, sir.

post #390 of 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

If you're searching for fun sound signature with a forward medium the EM6 is a good choice, although I certainly prefer the EM4 because they're more relax and offer a more audiophile presentation as you're in the public. The EM6 are more on stage, with more impact and decibel in the mid bass, but with a better sense of harmony in the highs too. But the EM6 are a little bit more fatiguing than the EM4.

 

I know you're talking EM6 but since the S-EM6 are universalized EM6 with little tuning from EM6 from what I understand : the S-EM6 having a more on stage presentation is why I had a love/hate relationship with them and returned them and got Shure's SE846 instead (oh my I didn't regret that choice).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollk2 View Post

To my mind the EM32 are far different in terms of sound signature, more neutral with a sub bass emphasis that I never heard before (with IEM and OEM). 
 

Did you spend sometime with the SE846 ? Neutral with great sub bass definitely qualifiies :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM