Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM - Page 22

post #316 of 559
FWIW, the Audeo Phonak silicone tip have proven the best for the SM64 f or me, even above the Star tips. They might be worth a try for those with the S-EM6.
post #317 of 559
what size Star Tips should i buy if im using medium on the stock Earsonic tips?
post #318 of 559

Hum I believe that Westone Star tips are delivered with all sizes. Perhaps Ericr is more right than me, I don't know Audeo Phonak tips

post #319 of 559
The Black ones gives me a comfortable fit better than the stock tips.
post #320 of 559

Has anyone compare  ie800 and s-em6 ?

post #321 of 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by veracocha View Post
 

Has anyone compare  ie800 and s-em6 ?

 

If no one else does, I will try to get a quick comparison done soon...

post #322 of 559
Nice @average_joe!

EM6 has creamy mids, IE800 has more low end. They are both great sounding but with different flavors. I only have gripes with the built if IE800 - they are so small and the wire is stiffer.
post #323 of 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post
 

 

If no one else does, I will try to get a quick comparison done soon...

Thanks , I'm waiting ;)

post #324 of 559

I just received an email that the unit I have may have faulty drivers and I need to send it back. They will replace it with a crystal version.

 

But I did a very quick comparison, which may change with the new Crystal S-EM6.

The S-EM6 is a bit more forward, intimate, and warmer than the IE800.  The S-EM6 has more bass enhancement and warmth and less treble presence, although treble isn’t lacking.  S-EM6 notes have a faster attack and longer decay than the IE800 leading to a sharper, more dynamic yet thicker sound in comparison to the smoother IE800.  More details are presented from the S-EM6, and they are articulated better, making the IE800 sound a bit dull in comparison.  The IE800 images a bit better and has a more natural sound in comparison.  The IE800 is a bit clearer overall due to the note thickness of the S-EM6.   Vocals sound quite different, as the IE800 has more upper midrange emphasis than neutral, and the S-EM6 has a bit too little leading to a slightly more throaty than neutral vocal, but does sound more natural to me.  

post #325 of 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

I just received an email that the unit I have may have faulty drivers and I need to send it back. They will replace it with a crystal version.

But I did a very quick comparison, which may change with the new Crystal S-EM6.
Hi, just curious, I believe you had them for quite sometime since this is the original black version. How did ES discover a fault in your copy after so long? Are they recalling?
post #326 of 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by delancyst View Post

Hi, just curious, I believe you had them for quite sometime since this is the original black version. How did ES discover a fault in your copy after so long? Are they recalling?

 

They found an issue with 1 unit and traced the problem part back and found there were 10 units that may have had an issue.  Mine was one of the 10, so it isn't a widespread issue.

post #327 of 559

What ES call an issue is for most of us inaudible, that's an intern BA problem that is due to Knowles and not technicians team of ES. 

post #328 of 559

Who wants some?..:-)

 

 

post #329 of 559
Would somebody notice if a pair wents missing?
I mean...they have so many of these.
post #330 of 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Would somebody notice if a pair wents missing?
I mean...they have so many of these.

...;-)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM