New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Neutral earphones

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 

I am looking for my first IEM that will match the sound signature I am looking for. Is it better to buy a neutral IEM and use the EQ to adjust it to the music or is it better to buy an IEM that has a sound signature that fits my music?

 

Thank You

post #2 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN2929 View Post
 

I am looking for my first IEM that will match the sound signature I am looking for. Is it better to buy a neutral IEM and use the EQ to adjust it to the music or is it better to buy an IEM that has a sound signature that fits my music?

 

Thank You

 

Yes it's best to get something neutral and then EQ it, and remember to always Eq down, if you want more bass then eg everything around it down as opposed to eqing the bass up, the EQ dwn keeps the equalizer from distorting the music

 

I how ever do not know ANYTHING about iems, but check this big thread :D 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760

post #3 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Yes it's best to get something neutral and then EQ it, and remember to always Eq down, if you want more bass then eg everything around it down as opposed to eqing the bass up, the EQ dwn keeps the equalizer from distorting the music

 

I how ever do not know ANYTHING about iems, but check this big thread :D 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760

 

Thank you for that advice. For house music do you recommend neutral IEM + EQ or an IEM with sound signature that fits house music? 

post #4 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN2929 View Post
 

 

Thank you for that advice. For house music do you recommend neutral IEM + EQ or an IEM with sound signature that fits house music? 

 

I'd go something with just a LITTLE bit of Sub Bass boost, if you want more bass boost then use an amp. Getting any headphone or iem with a LOT of bass results in poor mids and usally a sloppy bass at that

 

in your price range though, It's hard for me to say... I have little experince with anything under $50 >.> 

post #5 of 28

Try the SoundMagic ES18, excellent and fairly neutral IEM @ ~$20 that isn't drained of bass (but also doesn't have excessive amounts like most cheap IEMs).

I'd prefer to start with a neutral signature and lightly EQ if needed for any type of music. If you read comparative reviews you'll notice that the highest scores generally go to neutral signatures.

Just have to be wary of the 'neutral' ones that are actually lacking in bass, there's no fun in that.
 

post #6 of 28
Thread Starter 
Thank you for your advice, its great to get advice from someone as experienced as you are (HEADPHONEUS SUPREMUS). 
Btw, I have a PSB M4U2 someone gave me, do you know how it rates with other headphone? I would like to use this information for the basis of my IEM purchase.
post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN2929 View Post
Thank you for your advice, its great to get advice from someone as experienced as you are (HEADPHONEUS SUPREMUS). 
Btw, I have a PSB M4U2 someone gave me, do you know how it rates with other headphone? I would like to use this information for the basis of my IEM purchase.

 

Oh sheesh do not pay my Title any mind. that just means I post 24/7 is all q.q

 

:O yea the PSB M4U2 is on the same level as the K550 and the Sound Magic Hp 100 [my favorite closed Cans atm] DUDE USE EM. If you like the comfort and are gentle enough with them they should sound AWESOME and DUDE you have a VERY nice Active noise cancelling headphone! Your going to have a hard time getting an IEM in your budget that will compare to the PSB M4U2 

 

Good luck and.. I envy thee xD 

post #8 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Oh sheesh do not pay my Title any mind. that just means I post 24/7 is all q.q

 

:O yea the PSB M4U2 is on the same level as the K550 and the Sound Magic Hp 100 [my favorite closed Cans atm] DUDE USE EM. If you like the comfort and are gentle enough with them they should sound AWESOME and DUDE you have a VERY nice Active noise cancelling headphone! Your going to have a hard time getting an IEM in your budget that will compare to the PSB M4U2 

 

Good luck and.. I envy thee xD 

 

What is EM??

My mom's friend actually gave us two pairs of M4U2, we were surprised by their active noise cancelation (and that someone was financially able two give two of this away) right off the bet. We actually spent a good 30 minutes listening to the headphones while shouting to each other; amazed by the noise cancelation. Only after awhile did I realize that the $40 earphone I was using at that time was out of M4U2's league. I accidentally washed that earphone a month ago and now looking for an IEM that is on par or better than the PSB M4U2. I am considering the Westone 4R and ER4-PT. What do you guys think???

post #9 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN2929 View Post
 

 

What is EM??

My mom's friend actually gave us two pairs of M4U2, we were surprised by their active noise cancelation (and that someone was financially able two give two of this away) right off the bet. We actually spent a good 30 minutes listening to the headphones while shouting to each other; amazed by the noise cancelation. Only after awhile did I realize that the $40 earphone I was using at that time was out of M4U2's league. I accidentally washed that earphone a month ago and now looking for an IEM that is on par or better than the PSB M4U2. I am considering the Westone 4R and ER4-PT. What do you guys think???

 

... you WASHED your M4u2... I'm so sorry q.q

 

In Ear Monitor= IEM

 

I hear a lot of good about the Westone 4R but try posting in the IEM thread, they all have more experince than I with iems 

post #10 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

... you WASHED your M4u2... I'm so sorry q.q

 

In Ear Monitor= IEM

 

I hear a lot of good about the Westone 4R but try posting in the IEM thread, they all have more experince than I with iems 

 

NO I washed my $40 earphone because I left it in my short's pocket.  That would be dumb to accidentally washed a big headphone such as the M4U2. Thank you for your advices, it will be helpful. 

post #11 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN2929 View Post
 

 

NO I washed my $40 earphone because I left it in my short's pocket.  That would be dumb to accidentally washed a big headphone such as the M4U2. Thank you for your advices, it will be helpful. 

 

Phew and if you want my HONEST opinion 

Shure SE535 are apprently one of the best and most neutral Univerisal IEMS, I hear a lot about them. Although they are uhh $400 xD [maybe ask your friends mum ;3] 

post #12 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

Phew and if you want my HONEST opinion 

Shure SE535 are apprently one of the best and most neutral Univerisal IEMS, I hear a lot about them. Although they are uhh $400 xD [maybe ask your friends mum ;3] 

 

Just looked into the SE535, priced $499 through amazon, $100 more than my budget, can't stretch that far. Do you think these high end IEMs are better or on par with great headphones?

post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN2929 View Post
 

 

Just looked into the SE535, priced $499 through amazon, $100 more than my budget, can't stretch that far. Do you think these high end IEMs are better or on par with great headphones?

 

I have never heard them but people RAVE about how good they are 

post #14 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

 

I have never heard them but people RAVE about how good they are 

Can you tell me why you prefer headphones over earphones?

post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAN2929 View Post
 

Can you tell me why you prefer headphones over earphones?

 

universal iems do not fit my ears in addition it's a personal choice... I don't like jamming things into my ears >.> 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home