or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 63

post #931 of 2481
Quote:
Originally Posted by nati8056 View Post
 

Someone tried to compare dunu dn1000 vs vc1000? I saw one opinion that the VC is better

I prefer the VC1000 for fast rock/metal because of their fast bass and better perception of clarity (because they don't have that much sub-bass).

 

But for the rest, the DN's sub-bass is just amazing, also the soundstage, separation, detail, build, cable, accessories are all better IMO. DN-1000 FTW.

post #932 of 2481

Hello,

 

Now I'm looking for some IEMs fit for jazz and classical to use with iBasso DX50 as a source. Do you think DUNU DN-1000 will be a good pairing, and which one would you advice? And how would it compare with the previously discussed XBA-H1/H3 purely for these genres and DX50?

post #933 of 2481
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunin View Post
 

Hello,

 

Now I'm looking for some IEMs fit for jazz and classical to use with iBasso DX50 as a source. Do you think DUNU DN-1000 will be a good pairing, and which one would you advice? And how would it compare with the previously discussed XBA-H1/H3 purely for these genres and DX50?

 

I have not heard H3 yet so can't comment on that, but last night I had a massively enjoyable session listening to Diana Krall Live in Paris, both on Clip+ (FLAC) and iPod Classic (320k MP3), Dunu was just astounding with either source...

post #934 of 2481
Just finished a session with the DN-1000 paired with the C3+C5 combo. Greatest hits of Whitney Houston was so immersive I couldn't stop... What an impressive hybrid!
post #935 of 2481
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post

Just finished a session with the DN-1000 paired with the C3+C5 combo. Greatest hits of Whitney Houston was so immersive I couldn't stop... What an impressive hybrid!

 

errr....

post #936 of 2481
Lol! Female divas have excellent mastered albums. This hobby got me into them...
post #937 of 2481

Just received mine and I have a few questions:

 - Is burn-in necessary?
 - Does it need a good amp? Strangely, it appears when I use it in the computer through a cable the sound is just too low, completely different from my GR07
 - Any genre of music this goes wel?? XD

post #938 of 2481

- No

- No

- Many genres

post #939 of 2481

i had them for few days now and i can't get used to the mids, i miss my re-262's :(  would swapping tips make nay difference ? or should i give them more time ?

post #940 of 2481

Anyone have tried the UE900 or KEF M200? How do DN1000 compared to those? I am interested in picking one up (now on sale for $170). 

post #941 of 2481

I had the UE900 and DN1000. The UE900 has tighter bass, better isolation, and better ergonomics, but I preferred the thumpier bass of the DN-1000. Mids and treble were almost exactly the same IMO.

post #942 of 2481
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming Of A Better ... View Post
 

i had them for few days now and i can't get used to the mids, i miss my re-262's :(  would swapping tips make nay difference ? or should i give them more time ?

 

What's wrong with the mids mate?

post #943 of 2481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

I had the UE900 and DN1000. The UE900 has tighter bass, better isolation, and better ergonomics, but I preferred the thumpier bass of the DN-1000. Mids and treble were almost exactly the same IMO.

Thanks very much for the response! :)
Do you think is there a high incentive to buy it when I already have UE900?

post #944 of 2481
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSDluv View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

I had the UE900 and DN1000. The UE900 has tighter bass, better isolation, and better ergonomics, but I preferred the thumpier bass of the DN-1000. Mids and treble were almost exactly the same IMO.

Thanks very much for the response! :)
Do you think is there a high incentive to buy it when I already have UE900?

If you want better bass response, don't need the best isolation, and feel you can fit a larger shelled IEM in your ear, then I would, since that's what I did. I sold my UE900s not long after. ;)

post #945 of 2481

Anyone able to compare these to either UE900's or X10i's?

 

Looking for a replacement for my breaking x10i's, I bought the UE900's but I'm not a fan so looking for something else. Found them too boring/flat to listen to, need something a bit more lively, bit more bass. Hated the over-ear hooks too.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread