Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 41

post #601 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

I had the W4s a few months ago so I can't provide any A/B impressions but lets just say that the W4s left after about a month while I can safely say that the DN1ks are here to stay. 

 

The Dunus definitely fill out the bass better than the W4 (not to mention you can tailor it with the rings). The Dunus also have a little more extension in the treble to me. The W4 is more neutral but IMO definitely not as fun. The DN1ks strike a perfect balance between 'fun' tuning and analytical reference. The W4s were a little boring to me and perhaps a touch overpriced (at the time). 

 

Thanks for the impressions, Joe.

 

With more treble extension, do you consider them to be fatiguing at all? Are these considered smooth or sparkly, etc?


Edited by treal512 - 1/17/14 at 9:12pm
post #602 of 1791

I thought I'd share my DN-1000 review here for anyone who wanted another take on the DN-1000's sound quality: http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-dn-1000/reviews/10330

post #603 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by treal512 View Post
 

 

Thanks for the impressions, Joe.

 

With more treble extension, do you consider them to be fatiguing at all? Are these considered smooth or sparkly, etc?

I find them quite smooth with an appreciated amount of sparkle. They definitely aren't sibilant, but I've yet to wish for more treble. Just a great happy medium IMO.

post #604 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by bose301s View Post

But $80 better? lol

I would say yes, certainly on sound alone. Not to mention the packaging and accessories included.

Like Joe mentioned I've owned Westone 4 and W4R, very similar to Joe I sold them in a month (although very much enjoyed them) I wouldn't sell the DN-1000 nore had any thoughts as I do believe the Dunu is the better earphone over Westone 4.
post #605 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I would say yes, certainly on sound alone. Not to mention the packaging and accessories included.

Like Joe mentioned I've owned Westone 4 and W4R, very similar to Joe I sold them in a month (although very much enjoyed them) I wouldn't sell the DN-1000 nore had any thoughts as I do believe the Dunu is the better earphone over Westone 4.
Any takes between this and the asg2?
post #606 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post

Any takes between this and the asg2?

Been a while since I heard ASG-2, I don't think the Dunu will be taking any fame away in a hurry, as I felt ASG -2 could compete with IEM on levels of 1plus2.

The Dunu has less mid bass more sub bass, cooler lighter weight less detailed mid range and smoother treble. The sound stage is also not as expansive. ASG-2 - is almost triple the price of DN-1000, and good value at that, so not a fair fight.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/18/14 at 8:30am
post #607 of 1791
How is the bass on the DN1K?
post #608 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Been a while since I heard ASG-2, I don't think the Dunu will be taking any fame away in a hurry, as I felt ASG -2 could compete with IEM on levels of 1plus2.

The Dunu has less mid bass more sub bass, cooler lighter weight less detailed mid range and smoother treble. The sound stage is also not as expansive. ASG-2 - is almost triple the price of DN-1000, and good value at that, so not a fair fight.
Haha ok. Thanks for your insights! Appreciate that. I'm actually looking at DN1000 to complement ASG2.
post #609 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaddictionx View Post

Haha ok. Thanks for your insights! Appreciate that. I'm actually looking at DN1000 to complement ASG2.

They will complement each other from a tonality perspective but the Dunu won't have the raw detail levels of ASG -2. Something like TF10, Westone 4, Westone 3, SM3 v2, H-200, GR07, ASG-1 I'm confident DN-1000 can run head to head with and most of those surpass, but not ASG-2.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 1/18/14 at 8:48am
post #610 of 1791

Can't wait for DN2000, I'm torn between it and a CIEM. Any one has insights into how these hybrids compare to similarly priced customs?


Edited by SWCOPE - 1/18/14 at 12:38pm
post #611 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

They will complement each other from a tonality perspective but the Dunu won't have the raw detail levels of ASG -2. Something like TF10, Westone 4, Westone 3, SM3 v2, H-200, GR07, ASG-1 I'm confident DN-1000 can run head to head with and most of those surpass, but not ASG-2.
I've had the TF10, W4, GR07, UM3X but to me all doesn't compliment the ASG2 well. W4 comes close with silver dragon cable. But gets boring at times. Hope the DN1K will do the trick! smily_headphones1.gif
post #612 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I would say yes, certainly on sound alone. Not to mention the packaging and accessories included.

Like Joe mentioned I've owned Westone 4 and W4R, very similar to Joe I sold them in a month (although very much enjoyed them) I wouldn't sell the DN-1000 nore had any thoughts as I do believe the Dunu is the better earphone over Westone 4.
And Westone 4 is over double the price of the DUNU isn't it.
post #613 of 1791
Just about!
post #614 of 1791
Just found an alternative to the dnk called the hisoundaudio golden crystals 😎
post #615 of 1791

So for all of you who have bought these, where is the best place to get them from? I have seen them on lendmeurears and eBay on bigbargainonline for pretty much the same price, is there anyplace else better or cheaper to buy them or are these 2 the best? Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread