Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 35

post #511 of 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay628 View Post
 

what are those with the TF10?

Lol, I wanted to say the medium ones. The medium sized stock tips that come with the TF10's. They have a wide nozzle, which I credit for the increased soundstage, and also provide a very good seal, which enhances the sub-bass. I'm sorry if I came as ambiguous, spanish is my first language lol.

post #512 of 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jptj24 View Post
 

Lol, I wanted to say the medium ones. The medium sized stock tips that come with the TF10's. They have a wide nozzle, which I credit for the increased soundstage, and also provide a very good seal, which enhances the sub-bass. I'm sorry if I came as ambiguous, spanish is my first language lol.

+1 for this combo. Just put the TF10s mediums with red rings and you're spot on in your observations.

post #513 of 1599

Hi everyone

 

 

I am looking for a replacement for my Ultimate Ears UE700. I was very happy with the sound quality and sound isolation of them. So please use it as a reference point:

 

How do the DN-100 compare to the UE700 in terms of those 2 parameters?

 

Also I had a look at the RBH EP1 (i don't need that remote/mic stuff), which seems to have better isolation?

 

I know that isolation depends highly on the tips, but what are your experiences (especially with the DN-1000) in terms of isolation? How well do they perform in a long distance flight situation?

 

Any help is appreciated that makes my choice easier, thanks!


Edited by alphawezen - 1/7/14 at 2:12am
post #514 of 1599

These don't isolate as well the UE700 with deep insertion, but I find the sound more natural (especially the treble) and they have a bigger soundstage. More bass too, though that depends partly on the tips and rings. 

post #515 of 1599

alright, thanks!

 

i just stumbled over the huge comparison list of this forum. awesome stuff! by looking at it, the RBH are clearly out. a new contestant has risen up again (i rejected them as reviews were differing too much from each other): the klipsch x10

 

while the x10's isolation seems superior, how much better is the dn-1000's sound quality? i know it's hard to define "how much better", but i'm sure you guys can somehow describe it

post #516 of 1599

The X10 have a relatively narrow soundstage and a warm sound with not much treble sparkle. They can be great amped, but taken on their own they need a bright source otherwise they sound muffled and congested. The Dunu sound much wider and more transparent, and generally have a more balanced spectrum. 

post #517 of 1599
Dn2k price is about $300 and no news about removable cables
post #518 of 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Dn2k price is about $300 and no news about removable cables

Source?

post #519 of 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

Source?

 

If he told you that he'd have to kill you.

post #520 of 1599
Lol...no I got the source from dunu on Facebook 😊
post #521 of 1599

Can't decide whether to buy these or not. How is mp4nations return policy?

post #522 of 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackem View Post
 

Can't decide whether to buy these or not. How is mp4nations return policy?

I ordered mine from MP4Nation... and man, was I relieved when I received them promptly and safely. My biggest fear was finding myself in some of the horrific situations described by fellow Head-Fier's. Delayed shipping, not shipping at all, very poor customer service. Go on, google it yourself and you shall see how many people (not only from Head-Fi forum) complain about customer service from MP4Nation. I wouldn't take risks.

 

Back to the IEM thing, what are you currently using? What do you expect to get from the DUNUs?

post #523 of 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by jptj24 View Post
 

I ordered mine from MP4Nation... and man, was I relieved when I received them promptly and safely. My biggest fear was finding myself in some of the horrific situations described by fellow Head-Fier's. Delayed shipping, not shipping at all, very poor customer service. Go on, google it yourself and you shall see how many people (not only from Head-Fi forum) complain about customer service from MP4Nation. I wouldn't take risks.

 

Back to the IEM thing, what are you currently using? What do you expect to get from the DUNUs?

Currently using the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. I'm looking for something that has nice bass when required but not to the point that the MIDs and highs suffer as a result. I want something that is comfortable as well; I use medium sized tips with a not so deep insertion. 

 

My three main concerns with the DN1000 is the tips coming off when you pull them out of your ears, the weight when worn straight down and the sound leakage.

post #524 of 1599

The tips don't come off and the housings don't feel heavy to me.

post #525 of 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

The tips don't come off and the housings don't feel heavy to me.

Yeah it's kind of one of those things where I'll probably have to try them myself but then I don't like having to send things back (if I don't like them for whatever reason)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread