Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 26

post #376 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

 

Yeah, that statement I made was not having had the proper information. The chart that was shown was actually the effect of insertion gain, not the actual frequency response itself.

 

I clarified that confusion in a later statement here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/681435/dunu-dn-1000-dunus-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread/135#post_9902968

 

I heard the DN-1000 for a short period of time, and I found it quite enjoyable, especially at the price. I liked it better than my own AX60, actually, even though it's slightly less detailed.

 

Don't get the CKS1000, please... even the new ATH-IM50/70 are better...

 

 

Watch out, wayne is gonna jump on ya in 3, 2, 1

 

Hes been telling that they are pretty much the best single dynamic IEMs in this world, especially for Trance music. ATH-IM will have to be shipped to me from Japan, and I cant be asked with anymore customs charges... it pisses me off. CKS1000 I can get from an EU seller.

 

Also, what proof do you have that the IM ones are better than the CKS1K?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

@Lifted Andreas  All I'll say is.....read the reviews. ;)  

I would be absolutely thrilled to let you demo them.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
if you ever move to Australia

 

HA! Dont think that will ever happen then


Edited by Lifted Andreas - 12/19/13 at 5:09am

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #377 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post  Watch out, wayne is gonna jump on ya in 3, 2, 1

 

Hes been telling that they are pretty much the best single dynamic IEMs in this world, especially for Trance music. ATH-IM arent released yet as far as I know so I dont really care about them, or wish to wait for them to get released.

 

They're released in all the East Asian countries, at least --- I just picked up an IM50. The ATH-IM are good. They're dual dynamic, but in an isobaric configuration, so it'll produce nice, deep undistorted and speedy bass, while the presentation is nice and open. Treble is not fatiguing at all (some might not like that it's too relaxed and doesn't have enough sparkle). I don't really listen to trance, but AFAIK, it's more mid-bass heavy. The IM50/70 are more sub-bass boosted. Head to the ATH-IM thread if you want to know more. The CKS1000 has too many resonance chambers, and while that'll give you deep bass, it slows down bass speed. All bass reflex designs have that drawback. Anyway, this is all OT...

post #378 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 

 

They're released in all the East Asian countries, at least --- I just picked up an IM50. The ATH-IM are good. They're dual dynamic, but in an isobaric configuration, so it'll produce nice, deep undistorted and speedy bass, while the presentation is nice and open. Treble is not fatiguing at all (some might not like that it's too relaxed and doesn't have enough sparkle). I don't really listen to trance, but AFAIK, it's more mid-bass heavy. The IM50/70 are more sub-bass boosted. Head to the ATH-IM thread if you want to know more. The CKS1000 has too many resonance chambers, and while that'll give you deep bass, it slows down bass speed. All bass reflex designs have that drawback. Anyway, this is all OT...

 

No one has ever mentioned slow bass from the CKS1000.

 

I've been also looking at the Sony XBA-H1, they are very easy to get for me in UK and only £80 at the moment! Thats a steal for a hybrid, still I'm more tempted by the CKS1000.

post #379 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post  No one has ever mentioned slow bass from the CKS1000.

 

I've been also looking at the Sony XBA-H1, they are very easy to get for me in UK and only £80 at the moment! Thats a steal for a hybrid, still I'm more tempted by the CKS1000.


The XBA-H1 is a nice idea. At 80 quid, doesn't seem too bad. I haven't heard it myself, though, only the XBA-H3, and at least the H3 seems good for your needs.

post #380 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post
 


The XBA-H1 is a nice idea. At 80 quid, doesn't seem too bad. I haven't heard it myself, though, only the XBA-H3, and at least the H3 seems good for your needs.

 

True! Very good price judging by the quality of them.

 

Still the CKS1K is over double the price on Amazon UK, and I'm sure there is a good reason for it. I guess I'll never forgive myself if I dont just take a chance with them.

post #381 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
 


thanks for the reply. are they ever too bass-heavy for certain lighter genres in your opinion or do they scale well to different songs? and which do you feel is the overall better buy? i like the looks of the kef more but the fit issues seem like a bit of a hassle.

 

Not bass-heavy at all. And actually the various rings can help you shape the sound more to your liking. I use the red rings, which makes the sound more neutral to my ears.

post #382 of 1542

I have a pair of these coming in today. Looking forward to comparing with the RHA 750.

post #383 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

True! Very good price judging by the quality of them.

 

Still the CKS1K is over double the price on Amazon UK, and I'm sure there is a good reason for it. I guess I'll never forgive myself if I dont just take a chance with them.

 

You and I have been communicating a bit, and yup, I Iove the 1K's - I find their soundstage and signature quite addictive. But they are aggressive, which makes them a challenge to me for extended listening periods (especially with bass and drum heavy music). Therefore if I was to have only one pair of good iem's, I would probably suggest that the DN1000's might be the safer choice for you and worth spending the extra money on. There is nothing wrong with hybrids my friend (au contraire!), and the overwhelming positive impressions for the DN1000's makes them a fairly safe bet imo.

 

Edit: having said that, wow, the CKS1K's can sound pretty darned amazing and exciting. But yeah, as an all-rounder and all-the-timer, the safer bet to me would be something like the DN1000's. Also, the CKS1K's don't exactly have the smallest profile (they stick out quite a bit).


Edited by waynes world - 12/19/13 at 12:27pm
post #384 of 1542

Ok, so I spent a few hours with these in my ears and I was definitely in pain but liking the sound. I let them burn in overnight and the bass has cleared up which is expected. My first iems were Atrios and boy did those have a drastic change in the bass.  While I do think the bass cleared there was definitely more bass guitar than bass drum. Well frustrated about my fit issues I keep thinking try different tips but the small rubber tips were so small already I did know how changing would help. While sitting I rolled the tips in my hand and noticed some ridges, the star ridges, and thought wow those are rough. So I put on the tips from the re-400 that do not have ridges and viola, they fit! I mean were are talking 1 to 1.5 mm difference if that.  Now i can insert them into my ears and now I hear more bass drum impact although the bass guitar is still maybe a bit more present.  I was thinking wow what am I gonna have to spend to replace these? I was already looking at ASG-2 at $550 :o since my ear is already sore from previous attempts at fits I think Im gonna have to let my ear rest to claim no discomfort so time will tell if the discomfort ceases.  Sound wise compared to the re400 they portray a much larger soundstage and sound for that matter, like has been stated they make the music sound live.  I guess the lack of lots of black space between instruments kind of mixes things together to make it sound more real.  As I listen to mostly live recordings I am loving these, they are the most spacious iems I have used and make the music fun and lively, they are much closer to a full sized head phone (I have HD600) than your typical in the head iem. For $200 I'm thinking there a steal, if anyone knows something that beats them under $200, please let me know. I am listening to them with my DX50.

post #385 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

You and I have been communicating a bit, and yup, I Iove the 1K's - I find their soundstage and signature quite addictive. But they are aggressive, which makes them a challenge to me for extended listening periods (especially with bass and drum heavy music). Therefore if I was to have only one pair of good iem's, I would probably suggest that the DN1000's might be the safer choice for you and worth spending the extra money on. There is nothing wrong with hybrids my friend (au contraire!), and the overwhelming positive impressions for the DN1000's makes them a fairly safe bet imo.

 

Edit: having said that, wow, the CKS1K's can sound pretty darned amazing and exciting. But yeah, as an all-rounder and all-the-timer, the safer bet to me would be something like the DN1000's. Also, the CKS1K's don't exactly have the smallest profile (they stick out quite a bit).

 

I have auditioned the CKS 1000 and I understand why people have so much praise for them early this year. Personally, I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on them for the exact same reason you've stated my friend. I'd choose the DN-1000 over the CKS 1000... no doubt!

 

The DN-1000 still remains as one of my best buys this year!

post #386 of 1542

Just got these in and first impressions are WOW, REALLY NICE! Very impressive that a $200 IEM can sound like this.

post #387 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

You and I have been communicating a bit, and yup, I Iove the 1K's - I find their soundstage and signature quite addictive. But they are aggressive, which makes them a challenge to me for extended listening periods (especially with bass and drum heavy music). Therefore if I was to have only one pair of good iem's, I would probably suggest that the DN1000's might be the safer choice for you and worth spending the extra money on. There is nothing wrong with hybrids my friend (au contraire!), and the overwhelming positive impressions for the DN1000's makes them a fairly safe bet imo.

 

Edit: having said that, wow, the CKS1K's can sound pretty darned amazing and exciting. But yeah, as an all-rounder and all-the-timer, the safer bet to me would be something like the DN1000's. Also, the CKS1K's don't exactly have the smallest profile (they stick out quite a bit).

 

Wow okay, I think the DN-1000 for an extra £15 must be worth it if you praise them so much.

 

How do they fair with my mixes then?? Thats an easy one for ya :p

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

 

I have auditioned the CKS 1000 and I understand why people have so much praise for them early this year. Personally, I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on them for the exact same reason you've stated my friend. I'd choose the DN-1000 over the CKS 1000... no doubt!

 

The DN-1000 still remains as one of my best buys this year!

 

Wow, THAT good eh??

 

I think I must give them a try, £115 from MP4Nation right now! Shall I do it? :D

post #388 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

I just got mine in yesterday. Have people decided on the best tip/ring combo? I'm currently using these tips on mine:

I think they sound pretty darn good! Maybe enough to go up against my UE-900s! I'll do some comparisons later...

 

What tips are those?

 

I was thinking of using MEElec double flanges when my DN1K arrive as I like deeper insertion. Anyone else tried them?

post #389 of 1542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted Andreas View Post
 

 

What tips are those?

 

I was thinking of using MEElec double flanges when my DN1K arrive as I like deeper insertion. Anyone else tried them?

 

They're my favourite tips for the DN-1000! Paired with red rings... most balanced combo IMO.

I tried the meelec double flange tips but they tend to accentuate the highs on the DN-1000.

post #390 of 1542
Those tips will come included in the packaging with many others. (that's what I use) Can't remember if there's double flange, best check Brooko's review, he has pictures of them all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread