Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 19

post #271 of 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogodtb View Post
 

It's nice to hear that! As I live in Brazil, do you think buy from ebay is too risky?


Providing which seller you use eBay is absolutely fine. Such as bigbargainsonline in the link below. Many members purchase through this seller for a long time. They're reputable with all their products. It's where my DN-1000 came from in 7 days to Australia, all wrapped nice and safe inside a second box.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290958912285?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

You will have no problems.
 

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #272 of 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnnyHan View Post
 

I am enjoying the DN-1k no regrets. I got mine from mp4nation, maybe you can ask them if they offer free fedex delivery to your location.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Providing which seller you use eBay is absolutely fine. Such as bigbargainsonline in the link below. Many members purchase through this seller for a long time. They're reputable with all their products. It's where my DN-1000 came from in 7 days to Australia, all wrapped nice and safe inside a second box.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290958912285?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

You will have no problems.
 

Thanks guys for the help!

I think is gonna be HUGE step forward coming from a SE215.

Thanks again!

post #273 of 1579

Mine just arrived.  First impressions - really good.  Just need to wait for the h-moon period to pass, then can review objectively.  Really enjoying these with the Studio V3 A.E. at the moment.

 

A lot to like .......

post #274 of 1579
...
Edited by d marc0 - 11/27/13 at 7:34am
post #275 of 1579
Can anyone tell me what happens if I purchase these from MP4Nation and the earphones develop a fault? I am based in the UK.

Or as an alternative, are these for sale anywhere in the UK at present? I have looked but haven't been able to find anywhere.

I am particularly concerned as, so far, every set of more expensive earphones that I've bought have eventually broken, despite my looking after them properly.
post #276 of 1579

Or perhaps someone could comment on the reliability of MP4nation.

post #277 of 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGW View Post
 

Or perhaps someone could comment on the reliability of MP4nation.

 

MP4Nation is owned by the same people who produce Brainwavz IEMs.  MP4Nation is an authorized retailer for Dunu products (I'm pretty sure).  They are most definitely reliable ;)

post #278 of 1579

Hi guys,

Question for any that can answer it about about the DN-1000:

 

Between this and and the H-200, what is the better pick for metal/prog? Bearing in mind that for metal (in my book):

 

Energy, Intimacy, Detail, Imaging = Good.

Too Airy/Clinical = Not so good.

 

Thanks!

post #279 of 1579

^ d marc0 is your metal man!

post #280 of 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdy View Post
 

Hi guys,

Question for any that can answer it about about the DN-1000:

 

Between this and and the H-200, what is the better pick for metal/prog? Bearing in mind that for metal (in my book):

 

Energy, Intimacy, Detail, Imaging = Good.

Too Airy/Clinical = Not so good.

 

Thanks!

 Based on your requirements, DN-1000 is the one for you. It is excellent with Dream Theater and Tool! 

 

I just prefer the H200 because it is a bit faster in bass kicks. Bass kicks aside, Dn-1000 is better in all other aspects.


Edited by d marc0 - 11/28/13 at 3:09pm
post #281 of 1579

Interesting, thanks!

 

Do you think you could have a listen to some of my favourites from my other thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/691021/help-me-pick-the-ideal-iem-for-metal-prog ) and perhaps comment on which of the two does them better justice?

 

Really appreciate your opinion!

post #282 of 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdy View Post
 

Interesting, thanks!

 

Do you think you could have a listen to some of my favourites from my other thread (http://www.head-fi.org/t/691021/help-me-pick-the-ideal-iem-for-metal-prog ) and perhaps comment on which of the two does them better justice?

 

Really appreciate your opinion!

 

Unfortunately my DN-1000 is currently on loan to a friend at work. I'll get it back next week.

Will you be able to wait that long? Maybe Wednesday?

post #283 of 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

 

Unfortunately my DN-1000 is currently on loan to a friend at work. I'll get it back next week.

Will you be able to wait that long? Maybe Wednesday?

 

Yeah no problem, I'm not in an immediate rush to buy. Trying to make the "right" decision instead, so appreciate your help.

 

Actually also have a Basso ZH-DX210-CB on the way, but was looking at something higher end as well :)

post #284 of 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdy View Post
 

 

Yeah no problem, I'm not in an immediate rush to buy. Trying to make the "right" decision instead, so appreciate your help.

 

Actually also have a Basso ZH-DX210-CB on the way, but was looking at something higher end as well :)

Ok! I'll get back to you next week.

post #285 of 1579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdy View Post
 

Hi guys,

Question for any that can answer it about about the DN-1000:

 

Between this and and the H-200, what is the better pick for metal/prog? Bearing in mind that for metal (in my book):

 

Energy, Intimacy, Detail, Imaging = Good.

Too Airy/Clinical = Not so good.

 

Thanks!

 

DN-1000 all the way for this one.  They offer a little more intimacy than the H-200 while maintaining detail, energy and imaging.  Additionally, the H-200 quite a bit more airy/clinical compared to the DN-1000.  I feel the 1000s are a warmer H-200.  The treble is also less peaky XD

 

If anyone is interested, I did do some measurements with the different rings that are available, was curious to see if there was too much difference between them.  This essentially becomes a test of insertion depth as well (adding distance vs removing).  So it'll offer information on that front.

 

 

If you hear any difference between the rings, then it most likely is related to seal which can't be tested unfortunately with a rig like this XD  Overall, it does measure as a v-shape, but doesn't sound like that to my ears.  That 9 kHz spike is audible though (H-200 has one too).  


Edited by tinyman392 - 11/29/13 at 7:22pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread