Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 15

post #211 of 1799

I read it quickly, but will look at your review in more detail tomorrow. Good impressions base on what I read. By the way, did you discover the secret of the AX-60? The deeper you insert them the worst and more unbalanced they sound. It really needs a snug but shallow fit to get all of that goodness out of it. 

post #212 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post


Now, what I'm wondering (and maybe I missed it) is how does the H-200 stack up to the Dunu and AX-60 with that $100 pure silver cable (or the silver coated copper cable)?

The DN-1000 is still technically better than the H200 despite with the SPC or pure silver cable.
post #213 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post
 

I read it quickly, but will look at your review in more detail tomorrow. Good impressions base on what I read. By the way, did you discover the secret of the AX-60? The deeper you insert them the worst and more unbalanced they sound. It really needs a snug but shallow fit to get all of that goodness out of it. 


I went straight for what Head-F call Heir tips which won't allow a deep insertion on AX60, they'll only sit shallow in the outer surface of your ear canal, you can see them in the photo below. I recommend picking up a set for around a dollar for trail. We use these on 1Plus2 and Rhapsodios hybrids with great results. they tend to open up the staging and increase air also for some reason lift the tonality a touch cool . They also won't allow that unbalanced sound you were hearing because they simply shouldn't seal deeply like an oval shaped tip.

They work well for me on many earphones but something like H-200 I'm better of the those Vmoda tips on the Dunu below . I think the main areas H-200 lacks next to these hybrids pictured below is soundstage width, headstage (image size of vocals and instruments) and air in the upper mid range, I think H-200 could use slightly stronger separation next to them and allow a little more breathing room to ease the congestion sometimes in the midrange. But I still enjoy H-200's low end speed and texture.

T-Peos silver cable does open them right up but a cable can only do so much for an already narrow soundstage, so while the cable does help alot it can only do so much from it's end. It's a shame AX60 and Dunu didn't go for detachable cables. 

 



You can find them in different sizes from lunashops.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=Ultimate+TF10&item=261173315851&_osacat=0&_from=R40&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_ssn=luna-town&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=1pair&_sacat=0

 

 



And if anyones wondering about the Vmoda tips on the Dunu DN-1000 they can be found here.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Small-Medium-Large-V-Moda-Replacement-In-Ear-Buds-Tips-Covers-Gels-Cushions-Pads-/220853034254?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var&hash=item336bdddd0e&_uhb=1

post #214 of 1799

I really don't get the statements about the H-200 having a small soundstage... never found that myself. (Don't have the spike problem either)

post #215 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

I really don't get the statements about the H-200 having a small soundstage... never found that myself. (Don't have the spike problem either)


You don't think H-200 suffers a narrower stage in width? I can tell you the width 'left and right' how far the channels are spread apart next to both these other hybrids is quite narrow. With these other hybrids samples will image outside off to the left and right of your ears, (actually around your head) H-200 will be lucky to leave the outer edge of your ear canal, it's also tip dependent and source related too.


Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/10/13 at 11:55pm
post #216 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


You don't think H-200 suffers a narrower stage in width? I can tell you the width 'left and right' how far the channels are spread apart next to both these other hybrids is quite narrow. With these other hybrids samples will image outside off to the left and right of your ears, (actually around your head) H-200 will be lucky to leave the outer edge of your ear canal, it's also tip dependent and source related too.

 

mate, so you got both DN1000 and AX60???

post #217 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

 

mate, so you got both DN1000 and AX60???


Gintaras, my good friend. ;)

The AX60 I heard was (is) on tour here in Australia, I just finished one week with it which I mentioned a page back.
The Dunu with me currently is another members, however I ordered a pair this morning for myself. 

post #218 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartertone View Post
 

I really don't get the statements about the H-200 having a small soundstage... never found that myself. (Don't have the spike problem either)

 

The H-200 soundstage is wide enough for me. I tried deep insertion with medium wide bore tips and it is WIDE, but it lost a bit of fullness in the bass end. When you compare it to the DN-1000, there is a noticeable difference; the Dunu is just better in this department. But if you ask me, I wouldn't give up my H-200 over the DN-1000; fortunately I have both :biggrin:.

post #219 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


Gintaras, my good friend. ;)

The AX60 I heard was (is) on tour here in Australia, I just finished one week with it which I mentioned a page back.
The Dunu with me currently is another members, however I ordered a pair this morning for myself.

 

ah, you bad boy :deadhorse:

 

so how did you like AX60 vs. DN1000? tell us more  :cool:

post #220 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

 

The H-200 soundstage is wide enough for me. I tried deep insertion with medium wide bore tips and it is WIDE, but it lost a bit of fullness in the bass end. When you compare it to the DN-1000, there is a noticeable difference; the Dunu is just better in this department. But if you ask me, I wouldn't give up my H-200 over the DN-1000; fortunately I have both :biggrin:.

 

ah thank you thank you mate...., i can sleep better now :D

 

yes, i feel pissed that someone else wants to dethrone my beloved H200 :tongue:

post #221 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

 

ah thank you thank you mate...., i can sleep better now :D

 

yes, i feel pissed that someone else wants to dethrone my beloved H200 :tongue:

:beerchug:

post #222 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post
 

 

ah, you bad boy :deadhorse:

 

so how did you like AX60 vs. DN1000? tell us more  :cool:


http://www.head-fi.org/t/687252/australian-tour-impressions-astrotec-ax60-hybrid-3-way-universal-iem-2-x-ba-dynamic-driver/45#post_9954535
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

 

The H-200 soundstage is wide enough for me. I tried deep insertion with medium wide bore tips and it is WIDE, but it lost a bit of fullness in the bass end. When you compare it to the DN-1000, there is a noticeable difference; the Dunu is just better in this department. But if you ask me, I wouldn't give up my H-200 over the DN-1000; fortunately I have both :biggrin:.


I don't mind what your answer is (of course) but out of curiosity  do you find your DN-1000 to have a wider stage than H-200?

 

post #223 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


http://www.head-fi.org/t/687252/australian-tour-impressions-astrotec-ax60-hybrid-3-way-universal-iem-2-x-ba-dynamic-driver/45#post_9954535
 


I don't mind what your answer is (of course) but out of curiosity  do you find your DN-1000 to have a wider stage than H-200?

 

Yes, the DN-1000 has a wider stage. Although, in some occassions that gap is negligible because the DN-1000's presentation is like your right in front of the stage where as the H-200 is a bit further back in the middle.

 

I've also explained it in my review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/681435/dunu-dn-1000-dunus-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread/120

 

Quote: "Just slightly above if not equal in width to the H-200(with SPC cable). It is hard to determine because the Dunu has a HUGE "headstage" presentation that it intersects with my illusion of soundstage. So it may sound wider but in reality it may just be as wide with much bigger height and depth."


Edited by d marc0 - 11/11/13 at 4:36am
post #224 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

Yes, the DN-1000 has a wider stage. Although, in some occassions that gap is negligible because the DN-1000's presentation is like your right in front of the stage where as the H-200 is a bit further back in the middle.

 

I've also explained it in my review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/681435/dunu-dn-1000-dunus-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread/120

 

Quote: "Just slightly above if not equal in width to the H-200(with SPC cable). It is hard to determine because the Dunu has a HUGE "headstage" presentation that it intersects with my illusion of soundstage. So it may sound wider but in reality it may just be as wide with much bigger height and depth."


It will be interesting to gather your thoughts with the Colorfly C3, it has a rather wide stage. Although not the best song out there, this one by Avril Lavigne is a good example of soundstage width. When the song starts (and during) the guitars strumming far out on the left and right channels. I'll even go as far to put the ENTIRE album on C3's internal memory for you. (luck you) ;)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And I want impressions for every song on the album. :tongue_smile:



 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 11/11/13 at 4:57am
post #225 of 1799
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


It will be interesting to gather your thoughts with the Colorfly C3, it has a rather wide stage. Although not the best song out there, this one by Avril Lavigne is a good example of soundstage width. When the song starts (and during) the guitars strumming far out on the left and right channels. I'll even go as far to put the ENTIRE album on C3's internal memory for you. (luck you) wink.gif


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And I want impressions for every song on the album. tongue_smile.gif



 

Awesome! I got something to look forward to. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread