Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
So after reading about these for the past year I finally decided I should give them a try. I'm a huge fan of the GR07 BE and it's still my go-to running/gym IEM because of the fit, but I just wanted something that I could use sitting around the house w/ my new X5II when I don't want to use my regular headphones (PM-3 or M100). I've read a few comparisons w/ the GR07BE from a few sites and it seems like they are a step up from an overall sound point of view. Has anyone here had any experience w/ the two. Admittedly I've only read the last 20 pages of this thread because it's rather lengthy. :)
I've had the gr07 mkii and the BE. In short, the DN1K:
- has a proper sub-bass. this is the first iem that actually picks up on the low rumble sounds in my hip hop tracks, whereas the gr07s are cut very short.
- has a hard hitting lower bass
- has more bass
- has more clarity. the instruments are separated better than both gr07s
- reveals slightly more details
- is smoother and more 'fun' sounding whereas the gr07 seems like a treble-head phone that sounds kind of dry and lifeless
- is somehow able to sound "thin and slightly airy" while still having a low, powerful bass that doesn't interfere with the other frequencies
One negative aspect of these earphones is the fit. The housing is slightly big, heavy, and hard. Trying to wear these down was kind of painful, because these are too big to put in my ear canal (I don't have big ears). The way I combated this was to use the over-ear guide with the double-flanged wide hole tip. This keeps the back of the metal housing sticking slightly outside of the groove of your ear, keeps the front of the housing from getting into your ear canal (which causes discomfort after about 40 minutes), all the while still delivering a comfortable seal, since the only thing in your ear canal is the silicone. I would type more, but I'm about to go lift some weights.
Originally Posted by caspur
Just dropping in after a while to let you all know that the DN-1000s I found and purchased on eBay for $100 were indeed a scam. I got refunded, and I see now the seller's multiple accounts have been banned. Hope this doesn't become a frequent thing for new headphones/iems on eBay...
I don't even see why people go to Ebay. It's a trailer park full of people who sell used items, mark them as "new," then put some bogus crap in the description like "well, uh... yeah. These were only opened to test that they work. But they're new. Trust me."