Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 125

post #1861 of 1869


Damnit
post #1862 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post



Thanks for sharing! My gut feeling said it would be good.

Do you find the treble harsh on other sources, or just DX90?
Hi . I'd say on every source.
post #1863 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by thug behram View Post



Damnit

Bugger. RMA time perhaps??

 

Still no issues with mine although I do baby them.

 

It was my intention to put away some dollars and buy a TOTL IEM. I now have $1100.00 put aside and now I don't have the balls to do it!! Just cannot justify it. Was looking at IE800, AKG 3003 or SE846.

 

That is to say I love these so much I don't see the point. Been using them with the X3 lately with some well produced albums and well, as I have said before, awesome set of IEM's provided there are no build quality issues.

 

@H20Fidelity I see you want yours back!! Interested to see how it goes with the DX90. Would like to get rid of my X5 + E12.


Edited by oldmate - 1/27/15 at 9:04pm
post #1864 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabra314 View Post
 

 

Yeah that US dollar is going wild. The X2 definitely looks interesting but prefer to wait for Rockbox. Doubt the stock interface will come close. Honestly I would be happy with a  ClipZip aluminum shell. I've thought about it since the first day I got it.

 

I think I've settled on the Westone W30. Their bass extension is not as good as the DN1000's but, apart from price of course, they are better in pretty much any other aspect which is worth the tradeoff for me. Detachable cable too... *looks at Dunu with disappointment*

Just read your review on the Westone's - great review, cheers.

 

Just how much bass impact/sub bass/slam is missing compared to the DUNU's and have you auditioned the UM PRO 30's??


Edited by oldmate - 1/27/15 at 9:05pm
post #1865 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmate View Post
 

 


@H20Fidelity I see you want yours back!! Interested to see how it goes with the DX90. Would like to get rid of my X5 + E12.

 

Yes, the soul purpose of the repurchase is as mentioned for iBasso DX90 and somewhat going back to an IEM I know personally rather than tread in unknown water. DN-1000 meets that line at its price point before diminishing returns kicks in, excels past other more expensive hybrids and in short, offers great value for money. If my cable hadn't gone faulty I would have kept them. That, and I have a hunch the DX90 will pair well with them.

post #1866 of 1869

I just got the JVC tips and I am amazed...really the best I have tried so far! Thanks for the recommendation!

 

post #1867 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmate View Post
 

Just read your review on the Westone's - great review, cheers.

 

Just how much bass impact/sub bass/slam is missing compared to the DUNU's and have you auditioned the UM PRO 30's??

Thanks oldmate :)

 

The impact/slam is pretty comparable to the DNK and definitely more detailed and textured with the W30. The W30 has a rolloff below 30db though, while the DNK extends well below 20. I thought that would be a huge issue for me but honestly I haven't heard any of my tracks so far where the bass sounds significantly better on the DNK vs the W30, even ones where the subbass rumble is a key element of the track. I've even finally killed the +1db bass EQ I had with the W30 in the beginning.

 

Honestly, I haven't done any side by side A/Bing yet bc I bought the W30 right after I sent my DNK to Dunu in Taiwan for a warranty replacement that should be here in a week or two. So take my words with a grain of salt.

 

And no, I haven't tried the UM 30.

post #1868 of 1869
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupacabra314 View Post
 

Thanks oldmate :)

 

The impact/slam is pretty comparable to the DNK and definitely more detailed and textured with the W30. The W30 has a rolloff below 30db though, while the DNK extends well below 20. I thought that would be a huge issue for me but honestly I haven't heard any of my tracks so far where the bass sounds significantly better on the DNK vs the W30, even ones where the subbass rumble is a key element of the track. I've even finally killed the +1db bass EQ I had with the W30 in the beginning.

 

Honestly, I haven't done any side by side A/Bing yet bc I bought the W30 right after I sent my DNK to Dunu in Taiwan for a warranty replacement that should be here in a week or two. So take my words with a grain of salt.

 

And no, I haven't tried the UM 30.

Thank you for the comparison. I look forward to your more detailed comparison vs the DUNU if you are intending to do one. Wanting to go from budget IEM to mid-fi along with a better fit but don't really want to lose that bass slam. It has grown on me.

 

Cheers.


Edited by oldmate - 1/28/15 at 3:37pm
post #1869 of 1869

Just ordered a pair of these!  Man, it's been a while since I took the plunge on some equipment.  :beyersmile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread