Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 102

post #1516 of 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 





Tips: Maybe these are what earfonia means: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=JVC+EP-FX8&_sacat=0


 

 

I think earfonia means these - 

 

 

 

http://image.yodobashi.com/product/100/000/001/001/534/576/100000001001534576_10204.jpg

 

eBay search keeps bringing up the FXnot FX8 - I made the mistake of ordering the FX9M ("Spiral Dots") previously (when searching eBay for FX8M) but the seller kindly replaced them for FX8M. They're inbound from Japan.

 

Try googling for JVC HA-FXD/FRD/FXC compatible EP-FX8*-B where * wildcards S,M,L


Edited by Tooros - 8/20/14 at 12:55am
post #1517 of 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooros View Post
 

 

I think earfonia means these - 

 

 

 

http://image.yodobashi.com/product/100/000/001/001/534/576/100000001001534576_10204.jpg

 

eBay search keeps bringing up the FXnot FX8 - I made the mistake of ordering the FX9M ("Spiral Dots") previously (when searching eBay for FX8M) but the seller kindly replaced them for FX8M. They're inbound from Japan.

 

Try googling for JVC HA-FXD/FRD/FXC compatible EP-FX8*-B where * wildcards S,M,L



Oh ok, thanks for confirming! 

post #1518 of 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooros View Post
 

 

I think earfonia means these - 

 

 

 

 

eBay search keeps bringing up the FXnot FX8 - I made the mistake of ordering the FX9M ("Spiral Dots") previously (when searching eBay for FX8M) but the seller kindly replaced them for FX8M. They're inbound from Japan.

 

Try googling for JVC HA-FXD/FRD/FXC compatible EP-FX8*-B where * wildcards S,M,L

 

Thanks for that, finally found an ebay merchant 


Edited by rgr555 - 8/20/14 at 5:25am
post #1519 of 1993

anyone have an extra pair of JVC EP-FX8 they want to sell? I'll paypal you a few bucks and you can just throw it in an envelop/stamp (NY, USA)

 

really don't want to wait 2 weeks for Japan shipping :(

post #1520 of 1993
post #1521 of 1993

Getting a pair of these very soon! Cannot wait to see how these compare to my RHA MA750's which have smashed everything else I've owned (AKG K550's, Philips Fidelio X1's both with cMoyBB's, various Beats) into the water. These will be my last purchase for a a long while so I hope they as good as reviews say!

post #1522 of 1993

Give us a review when you're ready! 

post #1523 of 1993

has anyone else tried the JVC EP-FX8 eartips for the DUNU 1000? Whats your review on them? How big of an improvement are they?

post #1524 of 1993
Just got the dn-1000 today and found out that the blue ring with my shure softflex is my favourite smily_headphones1.gif
post #1525 of 1993

I just made the splurge for the JVC EP-FX8 $24 eartips shipped from Japan hope they are worth it lol. I still haven't gotten the DUNU 1000 yet either. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasualPlayer View Post

Just got the dn-1000 today and found out that the blue ring with my shure softflex is my favourite smily_headphones1.gif

how you like them? review?

post #1526 of 1993
I couldn't get myself to spend 24 on tips I don't know the comfort of, given how sensitive my ears are to tips. I only use comply when I can help it, and accept changes to sound can't be helped. It doesn't matter to me if the sound might be worse, because better sound is pointless if you can't listen to a full album before needing to remove them.
post #1527 of 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post

I just made the splurge for the JVC EP-FX8 $24 eartips shipped from Japan hope they are worth it lol. I still haven't gotten the DUNU 1000 yet either. 
how you like them? review?

Just my small 2 cents lol.
As I have weird ears which is between S and M so some of included eartips I couldn't wear therefore had to remove the shure eartips from my im 50s.
Highs- the highs remain crisp and clear, not much change in this aspect
Mid- not so upfront which makes vocals sound more natural and airy?
Lows- for me personally I prefer my bass to be less noticeable as I'm not a basshead. For me in this case, the bass is there but it's more subtle. Like drawn into control by the reins of a horse smily_headphones1.gif
post #1528 of 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post

I couldn't get myself to spend 24 on tips I don't know the comfort of, given how sensitive my ears are to tips. I only use comply when I can help it, and accept changes to sound can't be helped. It doesn't matter to me if the sound might be worse, because better sound is pointless if you can't listen to a full album before needing to remove them.

I personally don't have a preference towards comply tips as they are 'perishable' items which are also costly to regularly buy. But I do agree on the jvc aspect though.
post #1529 of 1993
My problem is they're the only tips I've ever found comfortable. So either I use something that needs replacement, or not and probably have to give up on IEMs altogether
post #1530 of 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoshyant View Post

My problem is they're the only tips I've ever found comfortable. So either I use something that needs replacement, or not and probably have to give up on IEMs altogether

Have u tried other silicone tips before or only comply tips make u feel comfortable?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread