Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread - Page 75

post #1111 of 1791

I will sit and wait how the comparison DN-1k vs. DN-2k goes

post #1112 of 1791

Has anyone used the DN-1000 with the Digizoid Bass Enhancer?

 

I seem to fancy the C5 amp because of the bass-boost it offers.. also that with my daps (diyMod and DX50), they're more than adequately built to power these IEMS...

post #1113 of 1791

I should have not looked at this thread. Now I am considering the H-300 as well to add to my collection as some seem to prefer them over the DN-1K. I am still waiting to get mine so hopefully this week they should arrive. 

post #1114 of 1791

For all you tip-rollers out there, I had a breakthrough today! I usually like the red/blue foams, but they get dirty so fast between my ears and dust. I've tried the clear, reinforced, and flange silicones, none of which sealed well. I also tried the TF10 tips (all sizes) and a few from my old Senn CX215s. Maybe it's because of the Dunu's large housing, but my options have basically been, use the foams or shove the silicone so far in, that my ear canals would hurt! Well thanks to Monster, no longer!
 

Monster SuperFoam medium smalls! (light grey) Popped em on those massive nozzles and boom! The deep full bass we all know and love? Check. Musical mids? Check. Nicely-extended but not rolled off treble? Check.

 

These are the keepers!

post #1115 of 1791

Do you have a link to those tips? I'd be curious to give those a try when I get mine in.

post #1116 of 1791
post #1117 of 1791

EDIT: Ordered the sample pack to determine the correct size instead. Thanks for recommendation.


Edited by utee05 - 3/18/14 at 1:45pm
post #1118 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONSTER-AUDIOPHILE-KIT-SUPERTIPS-NOISE-REDUCTION-COMFORT-EAR-ISOLATION-IE-F-XS-/161210131078?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2588df6286

 

These are they, but I've been using the medium smalls as opposed to the XS.

Thanks Joe

 

I have some of these at home - so will give them a try.

post #1119 of 1791
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post
 

For all you tip-rollers out there, I had a breakthrough today! I usually like the red/blue foams, but they get dirty so fast between my ears and dust. I've tried the clear, reinforced, and flange silicones, none of which sealed well. I also tried the TF10 tips (all sizes) and a few from my old Senn CX215s. Maybe it's because of the Dunu's large housing, but my options have basically been, use the foams or shove the silicone so far in, that my ear canals would hurt! Well thanks to Monster, no longer!
 

Monster SuperFoam medium smalls! (light grey) Popped em on those massive nozzles and boom! The deep full bass we all know and love? Check. Musical mids? Check. Nicely-extended but not rolled off treble? Check.

 

These are the keepers!

 

Good one mate, I have them somewhere, will have a look and try it

post #1120 of 1791
@lin0003

What volume level do you listen with Dunu DN -1000 and DX50? I'm hovering around the 200-215 mark. (215) being the loudest I'd go.
post #1121 of 1791
That's ridiculously loud (if you're not kidding like last time). I listen at 150-160 low gain. V1.2.8 seems to be a little louder you say?

IMO of course.
Edited by lin0003 - 3/18/14 at 11:33pm
post #1122 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post

That's ridiculously loud (if you're not kidding like last time). I listen at 150-160 low gain. V1.2.8 seems to be a little louder you say?

IMO of course.


I think 150-160 is ridiculously low, how do you even hear the music........

Yeah low gain, around those areas on the Dunu.

post #1123 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 


I think 150-160 is ridiculously low, how do you even hear the music........

Yeah low gain, around those areas on the Dunu.

I used to listen at around 175 but apparently it was too loud according to an audiologist. I find 150 is the lowest I can listen with the PRAT kicking in. I don't want to damage my ears because they are still developing lol. 

post #1124 of 1791
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin0003 View Post
 

I used to listen at around 175 but apparently it was too loud according to an audiologist. I find 150 is the lowest I can listen with the PRAT kicking in. I don't want to damage my ears because they are still developing lol. 


This one time? 225!




I feel you need a certain volume level to start extracting the detail, I could listen at your levels but the dynamics and clarity would be pretty meh.
I guess each person is different, I will say 215 is not ear bleeding but loud as I would go. around 200 mark is normal for me. 

post #1125 of 1791
H20Fidelity do you have the dx50? You said you sold it, no?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread