Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 98

post #1456 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooros View Post

Can anyone possibly help in confirming which comply tips are the right match to what's in the Dunu box?
That info would be hugely appreciated.

t500 fits well.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1457 of 1467
Looking for an open headphone with a similar signature
post #1458 of 1467

I really love this IEM, my number 1 music listening everyday, i can listen music 10 hours straight everyday without experiencing fatigue. I have this since october last year and this was my best purchase 2013. But now I have 1 big problem with the cable, its already hard (5x harder when brandnew). The hard part wire is only 10 inch long start from the metal housing. The first 3-4 inches from housing is super hard you can't bend it anymore or use it over-ear insertion. I think this wire plastic cover is made from lated rubber, cause I know latex rubber break down on oil, since my face is oily.. And nother problem is my favorite white silicon tip is sliding from the nozzle already its not tight as brand new, my fear by the time it reach 1 year its cant hold anymore. Do DUNU give extra tip the one I use only? and Do they offer recabling? Is it part of 1 year warranty?

 

I dont want to sell this IEM, I will keep it forever as loong it will not die on me.. As write this comment im already listening straight for 8 hours without stopping and resting my ear NO FATIGUE. Of course listening to it while playing DOTA 2 hehehe.

 

 

PS. Is westone 4R considered upgrade? I like to buy dunu 2k but i hate the wire problem, maybe same experience with DN2k, DN1k is enough already. What do you think a really best upgrade on $400 budget. Dont want H300 cause i read its sibilance and fatiguing dont like that. I need IEM that can listend 8+ hours straight, like dunu 1k.

 

Source: Fiio X3 modded, low gain, volume 60-70 only depending on location where I stay, but mostly 65 mark

post #1459 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuding90 View Post
 

I really love this IEM, my number 1 music listening everyday, i can listen music 10 hours straight everyday without experiencing fatigue. I have this since october last year and this was my best purchase 2013. But now I have 1 big problem with the cable, its already hard (5x harder when brandnew). The hard part wire is only 10 inch long start from the metal housing. The first 3-4 inches from housing is super hard you can't bend it anymore or use it over-ear insertion. I think this wire plastic cover is made from lated rubber, cause I know latex rubber break down on oil, since my face is oily.. And nother problem is my favorite white silicon tip is sliding from the nozzle already its not tight as brand new, my fear by the time it reach 1 year its cant hold anymore. Do DUNU give extra tip the one I use only? and Do they offer recabling? Is it part of 1 year warranty?

 

I dont want to sell this IEM, I will keep it forever as loong it will not die on me.. As write this comment im already listening straight for 8 hours without stopping and resting my ear NO FATIGUE. Of course listening to it while playing DOTA 2 hehehe.

 

 

PS. Is westone 4R considered upgrade? I like to buy dunu 2k but i hate the wire problem, maybe same experience with DN2k, DN1k is enough already. What do you think a really best upgrade on $400 budget. Dont want H300 cause i read its sibilance and fatiguing dont like that. I need IEM that can listend 8+ hours straight, like dunu 1k.

 

Source: Fiio X3 modded, low gain, volume 60-70 only depending on location where I stay, but mostly 65 mark

 

I'm not sure if you've already seen this...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724546/t-peos-altone200-3-way-hybrid-introduction-impressions-high-end-sound-cheap-as-chips

post #1460 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuding90 View Post

PS. Is westone 4R considered upgrade? I like to buy dunu 2k but i hate the wire problem, maybe same experience with DN2k, DN1k is enough already. What do you think a really best upgrade on $400 budget. Dont want H300 cause i read its sibilance and fatiguing dont like that. I need IEM that can listend 8+ hours straight, like dunu 1k.

Source: Fiio X3 modded, low gain, volume 60-70 only depending on location where I stay, but mostly 65 mark

What you need is simply the JVC EP-FX8M-B eartips for your DN-1000.
Immense improvement.
More detail here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/727286/review-and-comparison-of-dunu-dn-1000-dn-2000-jvc-ha-fx850
post #1461 of 1467

Yup, I would just get those tips, I wouldn't bother with the Altone, T-Peos don't tune their hybrids well IME.

post #1462 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

Yup, I would just get those tips, I wouldn't bother with the Altone, T-Peos don't tune their hybrids well IME.

 

Have you tried the Altone200 Inks?

post #1463 of 1467

nope, all T-Peos I have heard are heavily v-shaped with some audible distortion and the graph they provide makes it clear they don't want to stray from that, though I can't say the distortion is still there, I'm willing to bet it will be there...

post #1464 of 1467

I think you'd be surprised with the Altone200.  Mild U/V shape - yes.  Great sounding  - IMO yes.  I actually prefer them to the DN-1000

post #1465 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post

Looking for an open headphone with a similar signature

Maybe not very close, but as a great fan of DN-1000 with JVC FXD eartips, Philips Fidelio X1 is my favorite headphones at home, beside my HD800 and T1.
post #1466 of 1467

I'm sorry if this was mentioned before - Are all JVC FXD series have the same tips? The ones recommended for DN-1K? Looking at prices of the tips on its own it would be cheaper for me to get FXD60 and have spare IEMs. 

 

Thanks

post #1467 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by docentore View Post
 

I'm sorry if this was mentioned before - Are all JVC FXD series have the same tips? The ones recommended for DN-1K? Looking at prices of the tips on its own it would be cheaper for me to get FXD60 and have spare IEMs. 

 

Thanks

 

Yes, the same. You can use FXD60 tips.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread