Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread - Page 88

post #1306 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Hello all - 

 

Mine are coming in today - how exciting!


Welcome aboard Mr Lotus! They will bring you much happiness.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1307 of 1467

guys i have issue on my DUNU 1k. i have this since december. I think the plastic cooating wire of my dunu 1k near the housing both left and right ear is hardening already the first 2-3 inches from the housing. its not soft as brand new.. i think it became 2-3x harder now. I dont experience this on my other IEM. Well its still flexible as long as it does not become britle or crack easily it doesnt bother me but if this continue to get harder i sure it will crack..

 

anyone experience this.. I think the cause of this came from the oil on my skin face.. because after hours of use when i remove my dunu for resting my ear the wire is covered with ear.. so i just clean it wwith cloth.. but once a week i try to clean the wire with wet soap cotton then wash it with wet cotton.. how do you clean your dunu?

post #1308 of 1467

I don't  clean them and I don't have the problem. 

post #1309 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleoxjewel View Post
 

guys i have issue on my DUNU 1k. i have this since december. I think the plastic cooating wire of my dunu 1k near the housing both left and right ear is hardening already the first 2-3 inches from the housing. its not soft as brand new.. i think it became 2-3x harder now. I dont experience this on my other IEM. Well its still flexible as long as it does not become britle or crack easily it doesnt bother me but if this continue to get harder i sure it will crack..

 

anyone experience this.. I think the cause of this came from the oil on my skin face.. because after hours of use when i remove my dunu for resting my ear the wire is covered with ear.. so i just clean it wwith cloth.. but once a week i try to clean the wire with wet soap cotton then wash it with wet cotton.. how do you clean your dunu?


My friend, mine is exactly the same in the same section. I have no idea why or any cure. I tried rubbing some vegetable oil on that section of the cable and it remains stiff - Its also very hard to show in photo's online but I can assure you mine has gone exactly like yours has. I suggest you go for a return if it really bothers you, or at least hang on until the cable actually cracks for a warranty (which I think will happen). How bizarre is what you're probably thinking, just like me who wonders every day why the cable has done this in that area.
 


Edited by H20Fidelity - 4/24/14 at 8:12pm
post #1310 of 1467

Hi guys,

 

I'm selling my DN-1000 if anyone's interested.

It's in great condition and only slightly used.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/708597/fs-dunu-dn-1000

 

Reason for selling: Funding for the next review unit.

 

Cheers!

post #1311 of 1467
Hi, folks. I've had my DN-1000s for nearly a week now. I had a lot of trouble finding the right tips and insertion depth. The Complys were best, but not ideal, because they didn't seal particularly well with my large ear canals. In fact, nothing I tried seemed to give me a good, consistent seal. Bass response was generally quite poor, mids sounded thin, and the highs were kind of all over the place until I tried Monster Gel Super tips. These improved things greatly, but I found them to make the bass a little too boomy and collapse the soundstage by a good deal. (They do compensate with very good isolation, though.)

Still unsatisfied, I returned to the stock tips, but started trying larger sizes. Since the Complys were all the same size, they offered no improvement, though I found them to sound okay. (I'm still awaiting delivery of some Large tips directly from Comply.) The largest clear tips were extremely comfortable and sounded OK, though the bass response was still not as full as I thought the 'phones should provide. Then I found that if I used the gray vaned tips and tilted the housings slightly upwards, they sounded even better, with great imaging. Then, when I went to radio shack to get a plug (to have my step dad reterminate my Radius DDMs) I picked up a set of their house brand Auvio tips. These are very much like Sony hybrids, but with a wider tube that can fit the Dunu's wide nozzles. They're perfect for me. Every aspect of the sound is an improvement over the gray vaned tips. I highly recommend them!

Now that I've settled on tips, I'm going to start rolling rings for a few days. I'm using the blue ones now, but once I've got them dialed in, I'll post some impressions here, including comparisons to the DDMs, which have long remained my standard for IEMs; they're not as technically competent as phones like the Sure SE535s, but they had an absolutely magical sound. I'm hoping the Dunus will measure up. Certainly, I'm enjoying the heck out of them do far!
post #1312 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by meusickfrek View Post


Does anyone know who makes a wide bore silicon tip that is longer in length so that the length serves the same purpose as a spacer, this may fix the problem.

Meusicfrek, see my last post. The Auvios are perfect. I've had trouble with tips coming off, as well, but only Monster gels and foams (the latter are hard to get out of my ears once they come off the nozzles!). The stocks haven't given me any trouble.
post #1313 of 1467

I am thinking of getting these but I am a little concerned about the durability of the wires and the connection to the housing. These will be my daily wear and I just want to make sure they can last with semi rough handling. 

post #1314 of 1467

ahhhh I'm so pissed off. lost one of my grey medium tips today (must've slipped off somehow its so easy to with this housing design). anyone know where i can purchase replacements? thhey give me the best fit, seal, and sound. or is there another set of highly recommended tips i should get instead? honestly, this iem sounds great but comfort and seal issues really give me a headache.

post #1315 of 1467
Jvc spiral tips are the best fit and seal for these and I think they will be sold separately soon😎
post #1316 of 1467

what about sony hybrids

post #1317 of 1467

You don't want to use narrow bore tips with the DN-1000.

They accentuate the treble to the extent sibilance in most genres.

 

I highly recommend wide bore tips with bores as wide as the nozzles.

post #1318 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post
 

ahhhh I'm so pissed off. lost one of my grey medium tips today (must've slipped off somehow its so easy to with this housing design). anyone know where i can purchase replacements? thhey give me the best fit, seal, and sound. or is there another set of highly recommended tips i should get instead? honestly, this iem sounds great but comfort and seal issues really give me a headache.

Try the Auvios from Radio Shack if you're in NA. They're $5US for two pair, but the fit the barrel securely and give me a similar sound to the grays, only better.  I also ordered some Comply T400 Larges because the ones supplied were just too small to seal reliably without uncomfortably deep insertion.  I spent today listening to them, and they're just a notch below the Auvios in SQ, but offer surprising isolation.  I was sitting in my driveway, reading with them in and a car pulled up with out me even hearing.  They should be nice for planes.

post #1319 of 1467

yeah, like the clear stock ones. i thought the sony's were wider. apparently not.

post #1320 of 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by d marc0 View Post
 

You don't want to use narrow bore tips with the DN-1000.

They accentuate the treble to the extent sibilance in most genres.

 

I highly recommend wide bore tips with bores as wide as the nozzles.

Agreed.  Though Monster Gel Supertips offer an interesting experience if you like bass. : )

 

Sorry for the DP.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread