- 62 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 9/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] Last post on 8/26/15 at 11:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Combined DAC+amp needed - tubes for under $600? Last post on 5/23/15 at 6:30am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD700 Amplifier Questions? Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- [Review] Woo Audio WA7, a very unscientific review Last post on 1/27/15 at 2:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
Woo Audio WA7 fireflies Video review - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks for the comments everyone. I figured everyone was like me and has a short attention span when it comes to Youtube videos, so I tried my best to make it visually interesting and to-the-point. Not to mention, I wanted to go over the controls so people could get a feel for how the WA7 is actually used.
I thought about that, as I'm curious to see inside, but I don't have a large enough wrench to open it.
Norse Audio, but he is in the process of changing his business name at the moment and not taking orders. Many of the good cable makers seem to be overwhelmed at the moment.
I wonder if that is because the DAC is better? The WA7's amp is a lot better than the DAC I reckon, but it also is a lot neater -- you ARE paying for the neat case AND for that glass block!
Now that make sense, haha
I used to own a burson HA-160 and an audiogd DAC19DSP and i feel that the WA7 is at least as good if not better than that combo.
The DAC may not be as good but the amp section more than made up for that shortcoming.
would really like to own one but sadly I'm financially incapable to do so ....miss the warm sound that tubes produce, giving life to vocals.
Poor kid expose to the wonders of high quality audio but has little means to afford them. haha
Excellent job on the video. I bought my WA7 a month or so ago and i have been listening to HD600's, Amperiors, and Triple Fi10's on it. I was not a fan of the way the HD600 sounds with it but the Amperiors sound awesome. The TF10, well jury is still out on that but for the price, the fact it handles IEM's with tubes, has a DAC scalable to 32/192, can be used with powered monitors or headphones by flipping a switch from "USB" to "D/A" and workmanship i think the price is justified.
Its like a swiss-army tube amp and i think it does everything really well with nothing much lacking.
Thats said i have no experience with other DAC's so i can't compare but i was thinking about running a Centrance Dacport into this from my PC.
Edited by dlnwntchld - 1/11/14 at 10:49pm
- Woo Audio WA7 fireflies Video review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 19 seconds ago
- › Schiit amplifier or headphones to pair with the Bifrost Uber? 54 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › [TOUR] Cayin N5 DAP (AK4490EQ, DSD, 2.5mm balanced headphone) 2 minutes ago
- › Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS! 2 minutes ago
- › TOTALDAC DAC 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Team Gin-Fi! Gin Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › in-ear headphones--help deciding among these 4 (music likes and... 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2