- 62 Posts. Joined 8/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by System, 9/11/13
Related Forum Threads
- Amp for HD800: Soloist SL or WA7? Last post on 8/6/14 at 10:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Accidental WA5-LE Owner Last post on 5/21/14 at 4:11am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA7... Uh... What's going on?... It's TERRIBLE. Last post on 7/8/14 at 8:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Support Recommendations: Woo Audio WA7 and WA7d Fireflies and USB 3.0 on Macs running OS X 10.9... Last post on 8/4/14 at 3:04pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Wa7 amp dropout issue Last post on 5/12/14 at 8:27pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
Woo Audio WA7 fireflies Video review - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks for the comments everyone. I figured everyone was like me and has a short attention span when it comes to Youtube videos, so I tried my best to make it visually interesting and to-the-point. Not to mention, I wanted to go over the controls so people could get a feel for how the WA7 is actually used.
I thought about that, as I'm curious to see inside, but I don't have a large enough wrench to open it.
Norse Audio, but he is in the process of changing his business name at the moment and not taking orders. Many of the good cable makers seem to be overwhelmed at the moment.
I wonder if that is because the DAC is better? The WA7's amp is a lot better than the DAC I reckon, but it also is a lot neater -- you ARE paying for the neat case AND for that glass block!
Now that make sense, haha
I used to own a burson HA-160 and an audiogd DAC19DSP and i feel that the WA7 is at least as good if not better than that combo.
The DAC may not be as good but the amp section more than made up for that shortcoming.
would really like to own one but sadly I'm financially incapable to do so ....miss the warm sound that tubes produce, giving life to vocals.
Poor kid expose to the wonders of high quality audio but has little means to afford them. haha
Excellent job on the video. I bought my WA7 a month or so ago and i have been listening to HD600's, Amperiors, and Triple Fi10's on it. I was not a fan of the way the HD600 sounds with it but the Amperiors sound awesome. The TF10, well jury is still out on that but for the price, the fact it handles IEM's with tubes, has a DAC scalable to 32/192, can be used with powered monitors or headphones by flipping a switch from "USB" to "D/A" and workmanship i think the price is justified.
Its like a swiss-army tube amp and i think it does everything really well with nothing much lacking.
Thats said i have no experience with other DAC's so i can't compare but i was thinking about running a Centrance Dacport into this from my PC.
Edited by dlnwntchld - 1/11/14 at 10:49pm
- Woo Audio WA7 fireflies Video review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HE400 38 seconds ago
- › WTB ath w11r 51 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Losing virginity late in life 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 12 announced in Japan 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)