Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › CanOpener?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CanOpener? - Page 6

post #76 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post

A few posts above me, Devkerr said that Can Opener doesn't have EQ profiles. I don't really need SPL correction.


What they said in that post was that no preset EQ profiles exist, i.e. you create your own profile/presets.

 

I agree with their stance, how would they know better than you what the EQ should be, especially in light of the different variables in play, they note: different positioning on your head, ear size and shape etc... I would add a few more variables like the voicing of any custom cabling, and the effect different source gear has.

 

They can't possibly account for all of that, so they let you create the EQ profile (your post suggests this is only an SPL correction app, which is incorrect).

post #77 of 167
I'm looking for presets, perfectly calibrated to an audibly flat response. That would be VERY useful as a baseline response, even if I did choose to color it myself afterwards.

It would be a lot easier for them, with access to dozens of different brands and models of headphones, to run tone sweeps and balance the response than for each of us to do it individually. Most people don't know how to properly EQ anyway. When I heard about presets with corrections for specific models of headphones, I thought that was what they were doing. I was disappointed when I found out that they were only correcting SPL.

I'll check out Accudio, Roly. Thanks!
post #78 of 167
I like this app a lot, best one for flac files by miles. Can you add Westone UM3X RC to the profiles? Thanks!
post #79 of 167

Sadly I cannot agree, I wish they organise the flac files better, this is the only reason why I went back to onkyo app as I just cannot navigate my files in a list format.

post #80 of 167

I haven't tried this app much yet, but ne VERY peculiar thing that I found is that I can't transfer my folders of songs into it. If I transfer the files of songs, then it works. Btw, it CRASHES when I transfer the folders. I used iFunBox to transfer the folders into the folder FLAC, Local and in Docments. Hopefully this will be fixed soon as I'm VERY interested in using it.

 

Oh and is it possible to add T50RP to the list? Thanks

post #81 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post
 

I haven't tried this app much yet, but ne VERY peculiar thing that I found is that I can't transfer my folders of songs into it. If I transfer the files of songs, then it works. Btw, it CRASHES when I transfer the folders. I used iFunBox to transfer the folders into the folder FLAC, Local and in Docments. Hopefully this will be fixed soon as I'm VERY interested in using it.

 

Oh and is it possible to add T50RP to the list? Thanks

Thanks for letting us know and for the support email as well.

 

While we could support folders within the app itself, iTunes File Sharing does not support transferring folders, which is why the app does not expect to see folders being used. Is there a reason you are using iFunBox instead of iTunes to transfer your FLAC files?

 

I'll see if we can get our hands on the T50RP — thanks!

post #82 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by devkerr View Post
 

Thanks for letting us know and for the support email as well.

 

While we could support folders within the app itself, iTunes File Sharing does not support transferring folders, which is why the app does not expect to see folders being used. Is there a reason you are using iFunBox instead of iTunes to transfer your FLAC files?

 

I'll see if we can get our hands on the T50RP — thanks!

 

Thanks for the reply. And seems like you recognized the mail.

It's because I've sorted my music this way :

Artist/Album/Songs and transferring thousands of those is quite PITA tbh. So that's why I use iFunBox to transfer the whole thing. Faster and easier.

And also, are the Artists, Albums, Songs tabs only for iTunes music? Cause all my songs(at least the nes I upload into my iPod) are tagged correctly.

 

And can't wait for the support!

post #83 of 167
I had no idea this thread was here, very cool.

I'd like to see the FitEar F111, Sony MH1, Zero Audio Tenore, Ostry KC06 and AKG K3003 added.
post #84 of 167

PLEASE add Sony XBA H3. Thanks a ton. I am really liking this app, even just the player is great. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to messing around with eq settings but fun to play with.

post #85 of 167

Anybody know why Canopener says some of my tracks are "video files" and it can't play them? They are MP4's. (AAC) Also their email :support@goodhertz.com seems to be non existant


Edited by hockey_magnet - 4/28/14 at 6:37pm
post #86 of 167

Did you send try to send an email to us? I'm not seeing any support messages about MP3's/video files, and we haven't been having any issues with email server. Feel free to PM me here if you can't get through though.

post #87 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by devkerr View Post
 

Did you send try to send an email to us? I'm not seeing any support messages about MP3's/video files, and we haven't been having any issues with email server. Feel free to PM me here if you can't get through though.

Interestingly I tried and the email bounced, then I sent a second one after this post and got an almost immediate response asking me to send one of the files which I did a few hours ago - very impressed that someone got back to me so fast. Hopefully there is a solution.

post #88 of 167

I had a very unusual experience last night. I paused Canopener and then my iPod fell asleep. I then pressed play and it was blazingly loud.

 

Can you please add the Momentum On Ear headphones?

post #89 of 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phredd View Post
 

I had a very unusual experience last night. I paused Canopener and then my iPod fell asleep. I then pressed play and it was blazingly loud.

 

Can you please add the Momentum On Ear headphones?

Weird! Please let us know if you think you've found a bug.

 

Will do — I didn't know there was on-ear version as well. We'll check them out.

post #90 of 167
Interesting app. Just downloaded it and the cross fade is a nice capability. The look and feel is pretty nice too.
One thing I do wish is that the artwork, rather than very small circles in the menus, was much larger. I did not realize how much I relied on the artwork cues to search for songs. smily_headphones1.gif
Edited by GrindingThud - 5/4/14 at 4:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Science
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Sound Science › CanOpener?