Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Best portable amp?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best portable amp?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
Im a noobie to audiophile. I've recently purchased the Audio Technica ATH M50s and I was wondering what is the best portable amp for this headphones. The Amp will be connected to my iPhone 5 or iPod nano. I was looking at the Fiio e11 and the PA2V2 but I can't decide. I want an amp(low end) that will add a good bass boost and have richer bass.
Edited by jayveerivera - 9/10/13 at 3:00am
post #2 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayveerivera View Post

Im a noobie to audiophile. I've recently purchased the Audio Technica ATH M50s and I was wondering what is the best portable amp for this headphones. The Amp will be connected to my iPhone 5 or iPod nano. I was looking at the Fiio e11 and the PA2V2 but I can't decide. I want an amp(low end) that will add a good bass boost and have richer bass.

 

Heya,

 

Well, the M50 doesn't even need an amplifier. It's efficient.

 

But if you want to just spend some money, get yourself a Fiio E11 or a CMOY and turn on the bass boost features. You're basically buying a hardware equalizer.

 

Or you can get clever and start equalizing for better effect on your headphone to produce more bass. Search for threads on how to properly equalize.

 

Very best,

post #3 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post

Heya,

Well, the M50 doesn't even need an amplifier. It's efficient.

But if you want to just spend some money, get yourself a Fiio E11 or a CMOY and turn on the bass boost features. You're basically buying a hardware equalizer.

Or you can get clever and start equalizing for better effect on your headphone to produce more bass. Search for threads on how to properly equalize.

Very best,

Thanks for the advice! You don't recommend the PA2V2 over the E11?
post #4 of 25
The e11 is a pretty solid amp. The jds c421 is also a good choice as its bass boost implementation is excellent you csn get one of those used for around 100.00
post #5 of 25
Thread Starter 
Bump
post #6 of 25
Weren't the answers you got satisfying enough? If you want to bump this thread, ask what wasn't clear or what didn't completely answer your qestion.
You heard that the m50's don't need an amp and you got recommendations if you still want to buy one.
So, what's missing for you?
(Not to be misunderstood: I don't want to be rude. I want to help you answer the questions you've got, i just don't see which they are)

Rock on
Dominik
post #7 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domsch1988 View Post

Weren't the answers you got satisfying enough? If you want to bump this thread, ask what wasn't clear or what didn't completely answer your qestion.
You heard that the m50's don't need an amp and you got recommendations if you still want to buy one.
So, what's missing for you?
(Not to be misunderstood: I don't want to be rude. I want to help you answer the questions you've got, i just don't see which they are)

Rock on
Dominik

I just wanted more answers. None of the answers included info on the pa2v2
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayveerivera View Post



I just wanted more answers. None of the answers included info on the pa2v2

 


As far as i'm concerned, the pa2v2 doesn't feature a Bass boost circuit. For your wishlist it would be out then.
post #9 of 25
I dont get this thread are you looking for the "best portable amp" ?

I dont hearcalot of people recommending other heavy hitters for portable amps
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post

I dont get this thread are you looking for the "best portable amp" ?

I dont hearcalot of people recommending other heavy hitters for portable amps

 

The title is actually misleading. He's searching for an entry level amp to go with an iDevice and m50's. Since the hp's don't need an amp, and he still wants one, we recommendet the usual suspects in the entry class.

 

I agree that information is a bit vague on this one. We don't have a budget for example. We don't know what "portable" means (is an o2 portable?) all we know is, entry level and basshead for m50's

 

Rock on

Dominik

post #11 of 25

K. I think it's getting off topic. There is no way that C5, Pa2v2, or E11 is the best portable amp. But more realistically, I guess I say go for E11 or a Cmoy if you are looking for an entry level bass boost amp.

post #12 of 25

Here you go a sub $100 amp shoot out

 

Has some options plus it includes the E11.


Edited by james93 - 9/13/13 at 12:11pm
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

K. I think it's getting off topic. There is no way that C5, Pa2v2, or E11 is the best portable amp. But more realistically, I guess I say go for E11 or a Cmoy if you are looking for an entry level bass boost amp.

Exactly im over here about to say rsa intruder,rsa sr71-b,alo audio rx mk3+,alo audio continental v3 ect ect ect

Those imo.are some good portable amps there are others.

But if we are looking at entry level amps what should be asked is whats the best entry level amp.

In the end I feel with this hobby the best is what you can afford. In this hobby alot is trial and error some ppl like this some people like that. What is considered the best would more of less start a opinion war which in turn would gain you nothing really.

Buy a e11 if you dont like itvsell it and go to a different amp. I wouldbsay its hard pressing to say what amp should I get someone rsttle off a name and that amp actually be perfect for you.

Once you buy a amp and realize what it is about that amp you like and dont like. Then you can move on to find a amp that more suites your needs.
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayveerivera View Post

Im a noobie to audiophile. I've recently purchased the Audio Technica ATH M50s and I was wondering what is the best portable amp for this headphones. The Amp will be connected to my iPhone 5 or iPod nano. I was looking at the Fiio e11 and the PA2V2 but I can't decide. I want an amp(low end) that will add a good bass boost and have richer bass.

You may find that you dont really need an amp(see below).

 

But of course you may want one anyway.

From the posts above you are looking for an entry level amp. The Fiio E11(has a bass boost), a cmoy or JDS labs amp are a good start. The Pa2v2 is kind of bulky imho.

 

I would suggest to try this first

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/denon-audio/id520604518?mt=8

Download the above FREE app and then try EQing the bass. You may be pleasantly surprised.

post #15 of 25

Is anyone hyped for new Leckerton amp? UHA-6S.MKII has impressed me so much, and I hope the next version's even better!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Best portable amp?