Ignore the trolling by "techboy" (note that a substantial percentage of this guy's posts is bashing ASUS cards in a large number of threads, even cards and with headphones he has never heard), if the Phoebus has the same amplifier as the STX, then it should not have much problem driving the HD600. Of course, you will need to set a higher gain than with the ATH-M50, but it should be fine otherwise. Do not buy worse headphones with an amp. The only problem is you may possibly prefer other headphones, so it would be best to try some before deciding. The HD600 is good if you are looking for a neutral sound, and do not need a lot of bass.
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from ath-m50 ( Vocal) Last post on 12/11/12 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones 300$ Last post on 9/18/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- General use headphones? Last post on 6/20/11 at 9:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
xonar phoebus - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Get the Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, used $50-$60, same CMI8788 audio processor as the Essence STX/ & ST, Phoebus uses the CMI8888.
I believe the Schiit Magni, $99, amplifier is a little more desirable then the Essence STX/Phoebus head amp.
Oops, missed that part about you already owning the Phoebus.
Did you turn off the motherboard's on-board audio (in the BIOS) when you installed the Phoebus?
Try using Foobar200 for playing music audio.
- xonar phoebus
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 7 seconds ago
- › sennheiser hd25 13-II made in ireland fake? 26 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition -Now keeping track in the OP! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Destiny 2 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 2 minutes ago
- › T-Amp or Stereo Receiver for PC Setup? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)