Ignore the trolling by "techboy" (note that a substantial percentage of this guy's posts is bashing ASUS cards in a large number of threads, even cards and with headphones he has never heard), if the Phoebus has the same amplifier as the STX, then it should not have much problem driving the HD600. Of course, you will need to set a higher gain than with the ATH-M50, but it should be fine otherwise. Do not buy worse headphones with an amp. The only problem is you may possibly prefer other headphones, so it would be best to try some before deciding. The HD600 is good if you are looking for a neutral sound, and do not need a lot of bass.
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for $300~ Headphones for my needs. Last post on 4/13/13 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from ath-m50 ( Vocal) Last post on 12/11/12 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones 300$ Last post on 9/18/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
They look cheap. The "silver" plastic is very bad taste. They are also too big to go around, unless you are one of those guys who like to show themselves with headphones bigger than their...
xonar phoebus - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Get the Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, used $50-$60, same CMI8788 audio processor as the Essence STX/ & ST, Phoebus uses the CMI8888.
I believe the Schiit Magni, $99, amplifier is a little more desirable then the Essence STX/Phoebus head amp.
Oops, missed that part about you already owning the Phoebus.
Did you turn off the motherboard's on-board audio (in the BIOS) when you installed the Phoebus?
Try using Foobar200 for playing music audio.
- xonar phoebus
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Appreciation & Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Dolphins 7 minutes ago
- › JDS labs RCA edition ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › No difference in sound when trying various amps??!?!?! 8 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 9 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V2 by Zeejet
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3