Ignore the trolling by "techboy" (note that a substantial percentage of this guy's posts is bashing ASUS cards in a large number of threads, even cards and with headphones he has never heard), if the Phoebus has the same amplifier as the STX, then it should not have much problem driving the HD600. Of course, you will need to set a higher gain than with the ATH-M50, but it should be fine otherwise. Do not buy worse headphones with an amp. The only problem is you may possibly prefer other headphones, so it would be best to try some before deciding. The HD600 is good if you are looking for a neutral sound, and do not need a lot of bass.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for $300~ Headphones for my needs. Last post on 4/13/13 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from ath-m50 ( Vocal) Last post on 12/11/12 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
xonar phoebus - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Get the Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, used $50-$60, same CMI8788 audio processor as the Essence STX/ & ST, Phoebus uses the CMI8888.
I believe the Schiit Magni, $99, amplifier is a little more desirable then the Essence STX/Phoebus head amp.
Oops, missed that part about you already owning the Phoebus.
Did you turn off the motherboard's on-board audio (in the BIOS) when you installed the Phoebus?
Try using Foobar200 for playing music audio.
- xonar phoebus
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 21 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship Redux 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 6 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K550 VS. AKG Q701 7 minutes ago
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2