Ignore the trolling by "techboy" (note that a substantial percentage of this guy's posts is bashing ASUS cards in a large number of threads, even cards and with headphones he has never heard), if the Phoebus has the same amplifier as the STX, then it should not have much problem driving the HD600. Of course, you will need to set a higher gain than with the ATH-M50, but it should be fine otherwise. Do not buy worse headphones with an amp. The only problem is you may possibly prefer other headphones, so it would be best to try some before deciding. The HD600 is good if you are looking for a neutral sound, and do not need a lot of bass.
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Looking for $300~ Headphones for my needs. Last post on 4/13/13 at 3:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade from ath-m50 ( Vocal) Last post on 12/11/12 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best mids over-the-ear open headphone for less than USD 300? Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Master & Dynamic definitely knows how to build...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
xonar phoebus - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Get the Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, used $50-$60, same CMI8788 audio processor as the Essence STX/ & ST, Phoebus uses the CMI8888.
I believe the Schiit Magni, $99, amplifier is a little more desirable then the Essence STX/Phoebus head amp.
Oops, missed that part about you already owning the Phoebus.
Did you turn off the motherboard's on-board audio (in the BIOS) when you installed the Phoebus?
Try using Foobar200 for playing music audio.
- xonar phoebus
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 18 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 27 seconds ago
- › Rooth LSX5 Hybrid CIEM 49 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 1 minute ago
- › soldering issuse 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 <Recabled with Whiplash TWag 2> 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3