Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 67

post #991 of 6268

Is the SQ on the zx1 and f880 better than the z1070? Has anybody compared the three devices?

post #992 of 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post
 

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html#toc_1ch

 

Not really... I don't say that HD formats bring new hearing experiences, however they are limited at best. The reason because I'm acquiring a NWZ F886... is for better hardware compared to my S545.


As AnakChan already mentioned, this discussion shouldn't derail the thread so I am not gonna continue but I have to admit, it was a good read that the link you sent, therefore I must thank you for providing it :beerchug:

post #993 of 6268

can somebody please give an answer to my question please. thanks.

post #994 of 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcar View Post
 

Is the SQ on the zx1 and f880 better than the z1070? Has anybody compared the three devices?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetcar View Post
 

can somebody please give an answer to my question please. thanks.

 

If you want a reliable answer, regarding the NW-ZX1, rather than a very brief impression, then you are going to have to wait until someone manages to get a proper review sample or purchased unit. I'm sure you realise the NW-ZX1 hasn't been released yet.

post #995 of 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

If you want a reliable answer, regarding the NW-ZX1, rather than a very brief impression, then you are going to have to wait until someone manages to get a proper review sample or purchased unit. I'm sure you realise the NW-ZX1 hasn't been released yet.

 

+1. And most of us regular consumers in Tokyo even don't get much time not to mention that we're limited to whatever demo tracks Sony puts on their players in the listening stations.

post #996 of 6268
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows if the sony xba 3 pairs well with the Walkman f880

I've found the xba 3 to be very picky with sources. The xba 3 loves my iPod touch 5 but not my arrow 4g amp

Also do you think it would even be a huge improvement in sq if I switched from itouch5 to f880? I'm using 256 AAC iTunes bought music and the xba 3 I mentioned above
post #997 of 6268
Anakchan have you heard the f880?
I remember reading somewhere that f880 < ak100 < zx-1 < ak100 mk2

Wonder if that makes rwak100 better than zx-1..
post #998 of 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post

Anakchan have you heard the f880?
I remember reading somewhere that f880 < ak100 < zx-1 < ak100 mk2

Wonder if that makes rwak100 better than zx-1..

 

I have but I'm going to be honest I've not paid enough attention to the F880 series much so I actually can't remember how they sound. About the ZX1, from what I heard a month back, I liked it quite a bit and placed my order. As I mentioned (many posts ago) that it's given me thought if I even want to keep my AK120 (or send it off to be modded to be a DAC for a transportable) and have the ZX1 as the new portable.

 

At least for what I've heard, I feel reasonably confident that the soundstage is wider than the AK120 (and possibly even the HM-901) but am uncertain about the resolution and the finesse in the presentation.  Since I'm already questioning about the ZX1 vs the AK120, I've felt less compelled to compare it against the AK100Mk2 - not to mention I don't have one; seeing it's redundant as I have the AK120.

post #999 of 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I have but I'm going to be honest I've not paid enough attention to the F880 series much so I actually can't remember how they sound. About the ZX1, from what I heard a month back, I liked it quite a bit and placed my order. As I mentioned (many posts ago) that it's given me thought if I even want to keep my AK120 (or send it off to be modded to be a DAC for a transportable) and have the ZX1 as the new portable.

At least for what I've heard, I feel reasonably confident that the soundstage is wider than the AK120 (and possibly even the HM-901) but am uncertain about the resolution and the finesse in the presentation.  Since I'm already questioning about the ZX1 vs the AK120, I've felt less compelled to compare it against the AK100Mk2 - not to mention I don't have one; seeing it's redundant as I have the AK120.

Wow, thats a big kick in their(ak&hifi) ass seeing the price is almost 2x cheaper than their totl and almost same price with the AK100... though I do prefer AK's aesthetics more..
Looks like I'll be waiting for a good stand off review btw Calyx M vs ZX1 now..
post #1000 of 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post


Wow, thats a big kick in their(ak&hifi) ass seeing the price is almost 2x cheaper than their totl and almost same price with the AK100... though I do prefer AK's aesthetics more..
Looks like I'll be waiting for a good stand off review btw Calyx M vs ZX1 now..

 

Bear in mind that the findings are not holistic nor conclusive. There's only so much one can test in 5 min sessions with tracks that aren't my choice. I've only mentioned soundstage but there are many other aspects that needs more attention and focus to properly evaluate the ZX1. What I am saying is the ZX1 isn't that easily dismissible.

 

What I can say was that something (and I do believe it's the soundstage) that's grabbed my attention that's making me consider for it to replace my AK120 as a portable. But bear in mind that even if the ZX1 doesn't satisfy fully, I have the HM-901 as a backup.

post #1001 of 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Bear in mind that the findings are not holistic nor conclusive. There's only so much one can test in 5 min sessions with tracks that aren't my choice. I've only mentioned soundstage but there are many other aspects that needs more attention and focus to properly evaluate the ZX1. What I am saying is the ZX1 isn't that easily dismissible.

What I can say was that something (and I do believe it's the soundstage) that's grabbed my attention that's making me consider for it to replace my AK120 as a portable. But bear in mind that even if the ZX1 doesn't satisfy fully, I have the HM-901 as a backup.

True. Hope to hear a throughout review once you received yours smily_headphones1.gif
post #1002 of 6268

Anakchan, why would you consider replacing the AK120 with the zx1?

 

Also, does the HD901 have SQ that is significantly better than the AK120, and zx1?

post #1003 of 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcar View Post
 

Anakchan, why would you consider replacing the AK120 with the zx1?

 

Also, does the HD901 have SQ that is significantly better than the AK120, and zx1?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

What I can say was that something (and I do believe it's the soundstage) that's grabbed my attention that's making me consider for it to replace my AK120 as a portable.

:)

post #1004 of 6268

so you are willing to sacrifice the AK120, purely on the basis of soundstage alone? You are not gonna take into account the fact that the SQ of the AK is better plus its ability to hold 2 micro SD cards?

post #1005 of 6268
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcar View Post

so you are willing to sacrifice the AK120, purely on the basis of soundstage alone? You are not gonna take into account the fact that the SQ of the AK is better plus its ability to hold 2 micro SD cards?
Who said the SQ of the ak120 is better?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model