or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 42

post #616 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob49 View Post
 

I've only used DHL a few times ( Discs from France...no problems, quick service. ) Got stung with goods ( cd's ) quite a few times, from Japan using EMS.....

 

that happens with whatever postal service you use. if you don't talk to your seller first and ask them to help smooth the customs process, then you are asking for £££ problems

post #617 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

 

Thanks again, AnakChan!

 

Looks like this is gonna be a fine product, yay!

Yes, i'm excited by the ZX1. I was wondering what Anak was listening to, in the test ?

post #618 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post
 

 

that happens with whatever postal service you use. if you don't talk to your seller first and ask them to help smooth the customs process, then you are asking for £££ problems

I never knew that a seller had any power over customs charges, once it has left their shores ???

post #619 of 7457
You'd think 64gb would be the minimum they would be selling, considering how much room 24/96 albums take up.
post #620 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post

You'd think 64gb would be the minimum they would be selling, considering how much room 24/96 albums take up.

Does anyone have any idea, on the possible figures, in terms of the number of tracks being able / capable to store on 64gb ?

post #621 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob49 View Post
 

Yes, i'm excited by the ZX1. I was wondering what Anak was listening to, in the test ?

I think it was Norah Jones' Come Away with me and Dave Brubeck's timeout...

the mighty Sony will not let you to choose music of your choice for this merciful 5 minutes demo.. LoL

post #622 of 7457

and that Norah Jones has some ear piecing treble... :eek:

post #623 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

I think it was Norah Jones' Come Away with me and Dave Brubeck's timeout...

the mighty Sony will not let you to choose music of your choice for this merciful 5 minutes demo.. LoL

I like a bit of Norah, now & again !! LOL

post #624 of 7457
AnakChan, thanks for these impressions. I am just wondering, is the stage wide and airy because the sound is thinner like on an ak100 or do you still have some nice note weight and full sound?
post #625 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

AnakChan, thanks for these impressions. I am just wondering, is the stage wide and airy because the sound is thinner like on an ak100 or do you still have some nice note weight and full sound?

 

If you're referring if it sounds "distant" not really. To be honest, I'm still not confident of what I'm hearing is really soundstage difference. I'd really wish I could grab hold one of the other Tokyo HF members to pop by to have a listen.

 

 Anyway, I'm biting the bullet and ordering one straight from the store. They'll deliver to my home. They also offer some kind of discount (dunno what it's for) but I'll take any discount they give :D. The case is still unavailable for order, so I can only get the screen protector & a USB digital out cable.

 

Edit: One thing I forgot to add, the touch screen performance did annoy me a little today. It wasn't slow to act on my side and tap gestures. However, prior to playing with the ZX1 I was playing with  Sony's new up-coming 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 Xperia.

post #626 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

If you're referring if it sounds "distant" not really. To be honest, I'm still not confident of what I'm hearing is really soundstage difference. I'd really wish I could grab hold one of the other Tokyo HF members to pop by to have a listen.

 

 Anyway, I'm biting the bullet and ordering one straight from the store. They'll deliver to my home. They also offer some kind of discount (dunno what it's for) but I'll take any discount they give :D. The case is still unavailable for order, so I can only get the screen protector & a USB digital out cable.

 

Edit: One thing I forgot to add, the touch screen performance did annoy me a little today. It wasn't slow to act on my side and tap gestures. However, prior to playing with the ZX1 I was playing with  Sony's new up-coming 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 Xperia.

When you go next time maybe you can do a sound comparison with F880.

post #627 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by f198 View Post
 

When you go next time maybe you can do a sound comparison with F880.

 

I actually did listen to the F880 today, but only the pink one was available for testing so I didn't use it that long :D - not long enough for impressions unfortunately.

post #628 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob49 View Post

I never knew that a seller had any power over customs charges, once it has left their shores ???

Sometimes well-meaning sellers declare the package below actual value, for example sending one of these as "electronic toy, $20" or whatever. If the customs agent is lazy, he will not check it further and just send it on to you without adding any charges, as the value is too low. (And if it gets lost in transit, good luck getting more than $20 back from the delivery company.)

If he isn't lazy, then he will look further, maybe into the actual receipt if it is enclosed, or have you come by and show all the paperwork. Also, in my experience the agent will likely know how to use Google, and hence how find the usual price for an item. Technically a very well-meaning seller might provide a falsified receipt, but I suspect under most juristictions this is quickly drifting into tax fraud with a lot of potential legal troubles for everyone involved. (And if the player is broken, the receipt says you only paid $20 for it...)

Either way, I feel these things just are not worth it.
post #629 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

I actually did listen to the F880 today, but only the pink one was available for testing so I didn't use it that long :D - not long enough for impressions unfortunately.

I'm sure all the other customers must have been thinking / saying, "Look at that man, listening to the pink player" ! ( What an odd & sad world we live in.....if I had the opportunity to listen, and the only option was a pink one, i'd take it !! )

post #630 of 7457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post


Sometimes well-meaning sellers declare the package below actual value, for example sending one of these as "electronic toy, $20" or whatever. If the customs agent is lazy, he will not check it further and just send it on to you without adding any charges, as the value is too low. (And if it gets lost in transit, good luck getting more than $20 back from the delivery company.)

If he isn't lazy, then he will look further, maybe into the actual receipt if it is enclosed, or have you come by and show all the paperwork. Also, in my experience the agent will likely know how to use Google, and hence how find the usual price for an item. Technically a very well-meaning seller might provide a falsified receipt, but I suspect under most juristictions this is quickly drifting into tax fraud with a lot of potential legal troubles for everyone involved. (And if the player is broken, the receipt says you only paid $20 for it...)

Either way, I feel these things just are not worth it.

Come to think of it, there's a US seller on Amazon that I use, that always states a cheaper price on the package. Different kettle of fish for an expensive player ! Like you say, not worth the risk !

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model