Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 409

post #6121 of 6277
Stock player sounds the best biggrin.gif
post #6122 of 6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Stock player sounds the best biggrin.gif

 

Hook one up to the PHA-2 using the supplied digital cable and get back to me on that  ;)

post #6123 of 6277
I personally can't tell the difference between the stock player and third party ones like poweramp. I don't use any sound enhancements (clearaudio+, eq, etc)....but my ears are certainly not golden!
post #6124 of 6277

My ears is not golden too! I think maybe high definition source has some difference but most of my source is just CD quality.

post #6125 of 6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spadge View Post

I personally can't tell the difference between the stock player and third party ones like poweramp. I don't use any sound enhancements (clearaudio+, eq, etc)....but my ears are certainly not golden!

I did hear a difference between Poweramp and the stock player, albeit a small one. After using Viper4Android on my phone with Poweramp though, I think if you use Poweramp on the ZX1 and untick the option for direct volume control under settings -> audio -> advanced tweaks, it will sound pretty similar to the stock player. Could be wrong though, I'm yet to try it. I haven't found another player I like quite as much as Poweramp yet (ability to choose a song in an album but maintain shuffle from all songs ftw). n7player was neat, I quite like the windows phone aesthetic.

post #6126 of 6277
The ZX1 to me is the best portable spotify player. Even beats my iPod touch amped w vorzuge duo and my htcM8.

For lossless, compared to my ak240 using grado Sr325 and jha roxannes, the soundstage on Zx1 is wider but mid range is slightly thinner than the ak. The ak imparts a real analogue warmth to my lossless files. Right now , discovering new music on spotify is a real pleasure with the Zx1.
post #6127 of 6277
I just received mine yesterday. I'm finding the battery doesn't last very long if streaming spotify. I also noticed the headphone jack is not very tight. My Roxy Sirens become loose with just a slight very slight pull on the plug. My X3, DX90, various iPods and old Clip Zip have never disconnected as easy as with this player. Has anybody else experienced this or do I have a faulty unit? I'd hate to think after finally taking the plunge into the nicer gear after so many years seeing everybody's setups that I got a bad unit, or bought into a bad product. I do like the sound though.

Thanks, Jeff.
post #6128 of 6277

The battery hit will be down to the wifi draining it.  Wifi just sucks battery life plain and simple.  The few times we had a open network at work my ipod touch would barely last the day fully charged.  Without the streaming I could go 2 days easily.

post #6129 of 6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboy76 View Post

The ZX1 to me is the best portable spotify player. Even beats my iPod touch amped w vorzuge duo and my htcM8.

For lossless, compared to my ak240 using grado Sr325 and jha roxannes, the soundstage on Zx1 is wider but mid range is slightly thinner than the ak. The ak imparts a real analogue warmth to my lossless files. Right now , discovering new music on spotify is a real pleasure with the Zx1.
anyone who stream Wimp on the ZX1? Wimp offers true HiFiSound and is the better choice for Progheads by the way😊
post #6130 of 6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboy76 View Post

The ZX1 to me is the best portable spotify player. Even beats my iPod touch amped w vorzuge duo and my htcM8.
 

Are you just streaming the ZX1 with no amp?  I'm curious to hear how mine sounds with Pandora compared to my iPod Touch and NuForce iDo.  I just have to get back to the US first to access Pandora...

post #6131 of 6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by caableguy View Post

 I also noticed the headphone jack is not very tight. My Roxy Sirens become loose with just a slight very slight pull on the plug. My X3, DX90, various iPods and old Clip Zip have never disconnected as easy as with this player. Has anybody else experienced this or do I have a faulty unit? 

My jack is a bit snugger than the one on my iPod Touch.  If your is loose, it might be defective.

post #6132 of 6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakkosmurf View Post
 

Are you just streaming the ZX1 with no amp?  I'm curious to hear how mine sounds with Pandora compared to my iPod Touch and NuForce iDo.  I just have to get back to the US first to access Pandora...

I did receive my iPod touch 64GB with Retina today, as Apple  did lower the price to 299 Euro, inclusive the gravure of my name on the backside,I am sure the ZX1 will have better sonics and 128GB, but to more than double the price, 699 Euro here.

post #6133 of 6277

Got my ZX1 (Japanese one) yesterday. Sonically it has the same overall sound signature as the NW-F807 I also got from Japan about two years ago, but better imaging and soundstage. It's definitely evolution vs. revolution. No complaints so far. My only real struggle so far is using the Walkman app. The changes are subtle yet annoying.

post #6134 of 6277
Quote:
Originally Posted by delrosa81 View Post
 

Is this the new walkman the new flagship meant to replace the ZX-1?

 

Hmmm...just can't wait for it and hope that it doesn't have the stupid volume cap anymore

post #6135 of 6277

I picked up the international version in Tokyo this week for $725 duty free.  I don't have a way to get my music on it while on this business trip, so that will have to wait until I get home next week.  I have a last gen iPod Touch.  I'm also curious to see how software works for getting music and playlists imported from what I have in iTunes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model