Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 396

post #5926 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvud View Post
 

too big,Design by Aiwan (www.kolobok.wrg.ru)I'm not going to walk down the street with such a sandwich like crazy! need something smaller size, look towards E12, what would you say?Design by Aiwan for The Bat! 3.x (www.kolobok.wrg.ru)

Get the Pico Power man....a tad smaller.

post #5927 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsmith83 View Post

Have you tried a firmware update from the Sony website with the ZX1 USB-connected to the PC?. No matter that the firmware is already up to date. It's another way of reset. This method's been of use to me with troubles with other devices.

Hello, will try to doyour suggestion


Thanks
post #5928 of 6047

^ it is not applicable in my case because the touch screen doesn't even respond so I won't be able to do the firmware update :(

post #5929 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post
 

^ it is not applicable in my case because the touch screen doesn't even respond so I won't be able to do the firmware update :(

 

Have you let the battery drain completely?

post #5930 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post
 

^ it is not applicable in my case because the touch screen doesn't even respond so I won't be able to do the firmware update :(


You don't need the screen to respond to update, just turn off the device (if you can't do so, turn it off draining the battery) and USB-connect it to the PC, then go to the Sony website of your country (if your ZX1 is the Japanese one, you'll have to go to the Japanese Sony website) and do the update from the PC.

post #5931 of 6047

Ladies and Glentleman, let me present you my sophisticated audio setup, revaling easily that of the ZX1 whilst delivering far more functions:

 

 

 

Yes... you can plugin SDs, yes... the amplifier works with everything except calls, yes... you can still do the bluetooth hack using the SBH-52 headset... PLUS! actually receiving the calls in that headset when one is present.

 

This, plus the XBA-H3... it's perhaps one of the best experiences that I ever had in audio (not to mention, I don't have to worry about space since I can slap in my SD card!)

 

Oh... and remember, root avalable and 3300 ma battery :), have I mentioned that you can also play games in it? and listen to its audio through the amplifiers... GLORIOUS.


Edited by Vect - 7/10/14 at 1:58pm
post #5932 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post
 

Ladies and Glentleman, let me present you my sophisticated audio setup, revaling easily that of the ZX1 whilst delivering far more functions: …

 

Sorry if it's not immediately obvious from the pictures, but what is the setup actually composed of?

 

thanks!

post #5933 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by iustin View Post
 

 

Sorry if it's not immediately obvious from the pictures, but what is the setup actually composed of?

 

thanks!


It's on my sig ;), but basically, the Xperia Z2, PHA-2 portable amplifier, SBH-52 bluetooth headset, XBA-H3 balanced armature headphones.

post #5934 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post
 


It's on my sig ;), but basically, the Xperia Z2, PHA-2 portable amplifier, SBH-52 bluetooth headset, XBA-H3 balanced armature headphones.


Strange, when I looked, your sig still listed the f886, which is not a phone. Thanks for the info!

post #5935 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Have you let the battery drain completely?

Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsmith83 View Post


You don't need the screen to respond to update, just turn off the device (if you can't do so, turn it off draining the battery) and USB-connect it to the PC, then go to the Sony website of your country (if your ZX1 is the Japanese one, you'll have to go to the Japanese Sony website) and do the update from the PC.

Will try this now
post #5936 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post


Pico slim?

I just listened to my ZX1 as-is and via LOD to the Pico Slim.  I can't tell them apart.  The ZX1 is pretty good all on its own.


Edited by barbes - 7/11/14 at 1:27pm
post #5937 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsmith83 View Post
 


You don't need the screen to respond to update, just turn off the device (if you can't do so, turn it off draining the battery) and USB-connect it to the PC, then go to the Sony website of your country (if your ZX1 is the Japanese one, you'll have to go to the Japanese Sony website) and do the update from the PC.

 

 

already did the software update via Mac software update tool downloaded from Sony. it says failed to update system.

the touch screen still doesn't respond :(


Edited by soullinker20 - 7/11/14 at 10:56am
post #5938 of 6047
Pretty impressive. Did you try the HO? The LOD to my Intruder sounds worse than the HO. HO sounds significantly better than the LOD... could be the DAC of the intruder, it's not very good.
post #5939 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post
 

 

 

already did the software update via Mac software update tool downloaded from Sony. it says failed to update system.

the touch screen still doesn't respond :(


The device has to recognize being connected to your PC to be updated, and so has the PC. Had you ever firmware updated the ZX1 from your PC before?

Anyway I can't vouch for this method will work with your screen trouble, I hadn't heard of it before.

Have you contacted and asked the Sony warranty service about this problem?

post #5940 of 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsmith83 View Post


The device has to recognize being connected to your PC to be updated, and so has the PC. Had you ever firmware updated the ZX1 from your PC before?
Anyway I can't vouch for this method will work with your screen trouble, I hadn't heard of it before.
Have you contacted and asked the Sony warranty service about this problem?

Have done the firmware update via Mac.
Still nothing happened. I will contact sony some other time, good thing there's ak240 but really sad for zx1
Thanks for the help!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model