or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 377

post #5641 of 7455

You guys better love your ZX-1, you're at a point of no return.

 

But hey, I'm happy i didnt get one... if it goes down to $400 then I'll think about it!

post #5642 of 7455

So I went to the Sony store today just to finally confirm that the hiss is not just an issue with my unit. I plugged the Primo 8 in and heard the same familiar hiss.

 

At this point I am truly mystified why the Primo 8 and the ZX1 seem to be such a horribly bad pairing. The hiss is very severe, and keep in mind that the Primo 8 is silent when I plug it into the Objective 2 and iPhone 5S.

 

I wish someone could shed some light on this because as people have stated they don't seem to have a problem with their multi BA setups and the ZX1. I still hear the hiss with other gear, but it's just your standard hiss as opposed to the highly noticeable fuzz on the Primo 8.

 

Maybe it has something to do with Nuforce's "proprietary first-order Butterworth filter cross-over network".

post #5643 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post
 

So I went to the Sony store today just to finally confirm that the hiss is not just an issue with my unit. I plugged the Primo 8 in and heard the same familiar hiss.

 

At this point I am truly mystified why the Primo 8 and the ZX1 seem to be such a horribly bad pairing. The hiss is very severe, and keep in mind that the Primo 8 is silent when I plug it into the Objective 2 and iPhone 5S.

 

I wish someone could shed some light on this because as people have stated they don't seem to have a problem with their multi BA setups and the ZX1. I still hear the hiss with other gear, but it's just your standard hiss as opposed to the highly noticeable fuzz on the Primo 8.

 

Maybe it has something to do with Nuforce's "proprietary first-order Butterworth filter cross-over network".

Not all multi BA are created equal, some have 120db and other have 107db, and etc..  Your primo 8 is very sensitive as it's 118db 

post #5644 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_recording View Post
 

So I went to the Sony store today just to finally confirm that the hiss is not just an issue with my unit. I plugged the Primo 8 in and heard the same familiar hiss.

 

At this point I am truly mystified why the Primo 8 and the ZX1 seem to be such a horribly bad pairing. The hiss is very severe, and keep in mind that the Primo 8 is silent when I plug it into the Objective 2 and iPhone 5S.

 

I wish someone could shed some light on this because as people have stated they don't seem to have a problem with their multi BA setups and the ZX1. I still hear the hiss with other gear, but it's just your standard hiss as opposed to the highly noticeable fuzz on the Primo 8.

 

Maybe it has something to do with Nuforce's "proprietary first-order Butterworth filter cross-over network".

yes, the hiss is quite a lot, I can hear big hiss of zx1, small hiss of ipc and no hiss of iphone5, and as you said in the vedio, it's very loose to pull out the plug, so yesterday I tried to do some work out  with listening to zx1, the plug is not stable in zx1, it's like 36 size feet inside 38 shoes. and the sound too, I have to keep zx1 in stable environment to listen to, can't listen to it when doing sports or moving too quick, The sound will just shut down and up and down and up again and again even I stopped moving. And today I found I can't even slow walk with zx1 in pocket, the sound will get unstable too.  ( update, it's in third party player app, the origninal play could be ok while slow walking, but will try to do sports later)


Edited by VaryCold - 6/12/14 at 10:20pm
post #5645 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post
 

You guys better love your ZX-1, you're at a point of no return.

 

But hey, I'm happy i didnt get one... if it goes down to $400 then I'll think about it!

 

Hardly the point of no return - I'm confident that I could sell mine within days even with the negativity which has steadily crept into this thread, but it wouldnt be for 400USD. Nice try. 

post #5646 of 7455
I'd buy a second one at $400!!
post #5647 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaryCold View Post
 

yes, the hiss is quite a lot, I can hear big hiss of zx1, small hiss of ipc and no hiss of iphone5, and as you said in the vedio, it's very loose to pull out the plug, so yesterday I tried to do some work out  with listening to zx1, the plug is not stable in zx1, it's like 36 size feet inside 38 shoes. and the sound too, I have to keep zx1 in stable environment to listen to, can't listen to it when doing sports or moving too quick, The sound will just shut down and up and down and up again and again even I stopped moving. And today I found I can't even slow walk with zx1 in pocket, the sound will get unstable too.  ( update, it's in third party player app, the origninal play could be ok while slow walking, but will try to do sports later)


Sounds as if you have a defective set.

 

I walked a mile and a half yesterday with my player and earphones, music playing loud. Never had any problems.

 

And no hiss with any of the earphones I have used with the player (which is just about all my more expensive earphones),

post #5648 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post
 


Sounds as if you have a defective set.

 

I walked a mile and a half yesterday with my player and earphones, music playing loud. Never had any problems.

 

And no hiss with any of the earphones I have used with the player (which is just about all my more expensive earphones),just 

just finished eating, can't try sports now, but I found it maybe just the app's problem, because when the screen closed, the problem shows up, and original player could be fine, but that app is the only one I found could match lyrics automatic and use eq, what a pity, and the hiss, I can't hear it when playing music but when pause, no music playing, I can hear it

post #5649 of 7455

After discussion about hiss, I was trying to listen for it today, but heard nothing. Could it also be the app you are using? I just use the default music player.

Sorry about your and a_recordings troubles with the player.

 

Hope you can sort it out.

post #5650 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post
 

You guys better love your ZX-1, you're at a point of no return.

 

But hey, I'm happy i didnt get one... if it goes down to $400 then I'll think about it!

 

Point of no return? What are you talking about? I just got mine used in PERFECT condition, and I have no doubt I could turn it over again if I needed / wanted to part w/ it. But that's a thought I simply cannot even fathom right now, as I think I love my ZX1 more than anything else in this world… FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS!!!!

post #5651 of 7455
Has anyone noticed that when you dim the brightness right down there is a flicker? I've also noticed when you scroll on the music app the brightness changes at times. Just wondering if anyone else's does this.
post #5652 of 7455
I'll check mine in a little bit, getting ready for my morning workout. Stupid question, you don't have auto brightness enabled do you?
post #5653 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artstar View Post


If you can tell me that ZX1 units sold in markets outside of Japan have ATRAC support, then any theories of differences will certainly lack plausibility.




"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar

hmm, that's interesting.. i guess i will try it when i get it in my hands.

thanks for the information!

post #5654 of 7455
my brightness is fine, no flickering. No auto bright either, so that's not it.
post #5655 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymloslouire View Post

hmm, that's interesting.. i guess i will try it when i get it in my hands.

thanks for the information!


It's the only reason why I still bought one from Japan rather than pre-ordering the Australian model. I still have an extensive ATRAC library and it is more economical than FLAC whilst yielding the same results to my ears. I am slowly migrating over to FLAC for the sake of futureproofing my collection but I have a long way to go until that's done - unless someone can tell me an automated way of doing the whole lot, like dbPoweramp does with other formats, for example.




"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model