or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 349

post #5221 of 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post
 

Nothing wrong with your line out.  I have  to set my Pico Power on high gain as well when using a line out.

Thanks. Odd why the line out level is so obviously lower than headphone out at max volume. I could not hear any difference in quality with line out vs headphone out, so will try and find a decent mini cable to use instead. I know Sony 'beefed up' the wiring to the headphone socket, but don't know if similar for line out socket, so wonder if headphone out is as / more favourable. Anyone spotted any obvious difference in sound?

thanks

Paul

post #5222 of 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMyHifi View Post
 

Thanks. Odd why the line out level is so obviously lower than headphone out at max volume. I could not hear any difference in quality with line out vs headphone out, so will try and find a decent mini cable to use instead. I know Sony 'beefed up' the wiring to the headphone socket, but don't know if similar for line out socket, so wonder if headphone out is as / more favourable. Anyone spotted any obvious difference in sound?

thanks

Paul


I have found using the headphone-out matches the volume of Walkman's using the F887/ZX1 with the PHA-2 (low gain) though the SQ remains pretty much a muchness... using the line-out into the PHA-2 in low-gain makes the SQ slightly airier though nothing major in way of change sound-wise... switching to hi-gain is a different kettle of fish and my N5 IEM's thrive on it, the music has more vim & purpose, the bass also tightens up a tad giving it a more punchy feel when you want it.

 

I tried the Walkman 'tweak' though it was ok I felt the SQ lacked bass so went back to stock-player... using the F887/ZX1 with the PHA-2 in hi-gain gives a similar SQ but with the added bonus of deep punchy bass... it would be almost perfect but I'm now loving my F887/ZX1 on their own since the update, things are tickety-boo in this household, you could even say I'm spoilt for SQ choice. 

post #5223 of 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 


I have found using the headphone-out matches the volume of Walkman's using the F887/ZX1 with the PHA-2 (low gain) though the SQ remains pretty much a muchness... using the line-out into the PHA-2 in low-gain makes the SQ slightly airier though nothing major in way of change sound-wise... switching to hi-gain is a different kettle of fish and my N5 IEM's thrive on it, the music has more vim & purpose, the bass also tightens up a tad giving it a more punchy feel when you want it.

 

I tried the Walkman 'tweak' though it was ok I felt the SQ lacked bass so went back to stock-player... using the F887/ZX1 with the PHA-2 in hi-gain gives a similar SQ but with the added bonus of deep punchy bass... it would be almost perfect but I'm now loving my F887/ZX1 on their own since the update, things are tickety-boo in this household, you could even say I'm spoilt for SQ choice.

My O2 amp is 2.5x or 5x gain. With the 2.5x gain and ZX1 line out, I could still listen at max O2 volume without discomfort. On 5x gain, I was back to mid volume, so I guess I'll spend more time determining if I prefer high gain with line out, or low gain with headphone out.

post #5224 of 7005

Sorry for going off-topic a bit, but does anyone know if the SBH52 would work with a PS3? Google isn't helping much...

 

Could it be used as a headset/mic for voice? Anyone tried this?

post #5225 of 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wnuwk Siphon View Post
 

Sorry for going off-topic a bit, but does anyone know if the SBH52 would work with a PS3? Google isn't helping much...

 

Could it be used as a headset/mic for voice? Anyone tried this?


The SBH-52 is really just a headset with bluetooth 3.0, it should work. Advanced features of the SBH-52 can only be used through the smart connect app of sony.

post #5226 of 7005

I've received my ZX1 a couple of weeks ago, and though I would share my impressions.  Firstly, things I don't like: (more to do with the software) not being able to view albums by artist, not being able to add tracks to 'play next', having a Google bar on the main screen. I tried a few different apps for music playback, but they tended to be ugly, feature-heavy and not as great sounding as the Walkman software. I tried the volume trick, but preferred the sound without it activated (I use sensitive IEMs).  I also had problems with displaying all the album art - sorted it out in the end. Things I do like: beautifully engineered, sounds superb, plenty of volume, battery life (so long as you don't spend hours flicking through albums with the screen on bright).  Definitely a keeper - very, very pleased with it.

post #5227 of 7005
Anyone want to buy a case for their F880 series?
post #5228 of 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaninbrisbane View Post
 

I've received my ZX1 a couple of weeks ago, and though I would share my impressions.  Firstly, things I don't like: (more to do with the software) not being able to view albums by artist, not being able to add tracks to 'play next', having a Google bar on the main screen. I tried a few different apps for music playback, but they tended to be ugly, feature-heavy and not as great sounding as the Walkman software. I tried the volume trick, but preferred the sound without it activated (I use sensitive IEMs).  I also had problems with displaying all the album art - sorted it out in the end. Things I do like: beautifully engineered, sounds superb, plenty of volume, battery life (so long as you don't spend hours flicking through albums with the screen on bright).  Definitely a keeper - very, very pleased with it.

 

 

you can turn that off from app settings.

post #5229 of 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replicant187 View Post
 

 

 

you can turn that off from app settings.

Tried to, but it's still there.

post #5230 of 7005
If it is a widget, can you not just drag it to the 'X' at the top of the screen?
post #5231 of 7005
It is a widget, and you can do as Duncan suggested. I removed mine immediately.
post #5232 of 7005

Not able to on mine for some reason - i hold it down, but can't drag to the top of the screen for the 'X' which normally appears.

post #5233 of 7005
hold it, move it down then the x should appear, drag back up by x till it turns red. release.
post #5234 of 7005

If I add another Google search widget to the screen I can delete it, but I am left with the Google search bar at the very top.

post #5235 of 7005
Did you try moving it like I suggested?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model