or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 342

post #5116 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinque View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by satish89 View Post
 

When I'm at home on my proper WiFi, no troubles at all, however I've only been downloading apps like PowerAmp or cover art finders, I haven't tried streaming anything or using WiFi to transfer songs to it wirelessly. I'm more of a physical media kind of guy, so I've got all my music sitting on the SSD. Do a speed test with your Note 3, if you aren't getting very good speeds I imagine streaming would be difficult. I'll try tethering my Xperia Z Ultra to my ZX1 after work tonight on the way home, and see how I fare.

 



Heeey can you say what you think of the ZX1 vs Xperia Z Ultra? Clear+ on for both, if you use it. I have an ultra too.. not sure if the ZX1 is worth the price and carrying another device around. Thanks.

Just went for a walk with the Ultra, did some listening with ClearAudio+. It's good, in fact better than I remember when using the Walkman app with ClearAudio+. However, the ZX1 is easily better. Not hard to hear the difference in clarity - high's shine, details come to the forefront, it is indeed a marked improvement. The Ultra is huge, I don't think anyone can argue with that. I'm using it with the Sony battery case for it as well, which doubles the weight and thickness (and battery life), and yet I still persevere with taking the ZX1 with me every morning for my commute, makes my trek to work that much more tolerable. But whether it's worth it or not, again, comes down to what you're willing to pay for such improvements. For me, the answer is becoming nearly 100% yes as I continue to use the ZX1 :smile_phones:

post #5117 of 7502
I'm really enjoying it as well. I'm grabbing more music from itunes but first impression is that it is everything I thought it'd be. So damn sexy... I never want to touch an ipod again. For me, definitely an audible difference from my 1g Ipod touch. haven't compared to my girl's 5g touch yet... But don't really care. I'm happy and have no interest in what sounds better. This is my new source until something sexier comes out... No Ibasso or Fiio player for me.
post #5118 of 7502
Heads up that amazon has the xba h3 for sale for $239 I believe it was also the Mdr 1 and 10r are in sale also only thru the actually amazon. You will have to add them to your cart to see the price. Debating on returning the xba40 for the H3 even though I only paid $150 for the xba40. Any thoughts?
post #5119 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

Anyone have incredibly slow download speeds? Tethered to my Note 3 and tried a mobile Hotspot, just taking forever.

I am thinking I'm going to make a new Gmail account so I don't have emails or hangouts blowing up all day.

So far, it's definitely a beautiful device. Haven't heard it since setup is taking forever.

I'm at work, trying to hear this unit, but wifi is just absolutely horrendous. Streaming doesn't work. It took literally, about 15 minutes to download SwiftKey. That's crazy... If it's this slow in wifi, I won't be able to stream. Am I the only one with this issue? Sucks, I can't listen to this device until I get home late tonight from work...

NVM-Just read it's very limited, not 3g or 4g.

My ZX1 using Xperia Z1 hotspot.


My Xperia Z1 speedtest in same location.


No problems with speed. I am using Singtel.
post #5120 of 7502
Thanks, something is wrong. It doesn't like my Note 3. At home, wifi works perfectly. I still love this unit anyway. I'll run speed test tomorrow to see what's up.
post #5121 of 7502

Please disregard previous advice about using MP3dit, it seems to be messing with all my ID3 tags now. I've had success with another app called AudioTagger, good for fixing tag info as well as artwork.

post #5122 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior1975 View Post

Thanks, something is wrong. It doesn't like my Note 3. At home, wifi works perfectly. I still love this unit anyway. I'll run speed test tomorrow to see what's up.

oh i see. hope u can find out the problem!
post #5123 of 7502

Hi guys, I got my NW-ZX1 and updated to the new software yesterday and loving the sound compared to my old Cowon J3. I read earlier in the thread about people experiencing high battery drain when the device is idle, mine is on 79%. I've switched everything off that I can think of like wifi, bluetooth etc and turned brightness down and it hasn't really budged from 79%.

 

Is there anything else I can do to bring it down and conserve the power as I only want to use it as a music player and nothing else?

post #5124 of 7502
If you receive emails to your Gmail account and/or use hangouts, that will drain to your battery some as well. I made a new Gmail that I will only use for this device. Off the top of my head, sounds like you have everything unless you root, which I don't recommend. With root, you could freeze any of the apps that are included which would save more battery life, however, it runs the risks of possibly bricking your device. Plus, they don't have root for the new update yet, so you'd lose the benefits of updating.
post #5125 of 7502

Also, if you haven't already, stop the device from syncing the linked google account unless you want calendar/email/contacts etc to be synced.  And I guess remove any unnecessary apps. I have pretty high idle drain too, 73%, but my battery life regardless is OK, so I'm not really fussed.

post #5126 of 7502

I turn off everything and disable any apps which I don't need.

 

charge it to 100%, let it sit idle overnight, it only drain 6% after around 12 hours.

post #5127 of 7502

Thanks for the recommendations guys, much appreciated. I didn't set up my Gmail account as didn't want it on there and don't use hangouts either. There aren't any apps on the device either, so that's cool. I think I'll refrain from rooting it as don't want the possibility of bricking the device.

 

Thanks again for your help :-)

post #5128 of 7502
6% in 12 hours is really phenomenal. I'd be extremely happy with that. I have to do some tweaking still as I just received mine yesterday. I'm considering rooting just so I can install Viper4Android, however not sure how it will sound. I know on any phone I've used it, it was a night and day difference, but this thing is not a phone and already sounds amazing.


I tried USB player pro last night, stock app sounded louder. I'm going to find some other apps to play with, I am more Looking for EQ, I prefer to make music sound how I want it to sound, not the creator. I suppose that's kind of rude to them...😊
post #5129 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by satish89 View Post
 

Just went for a walk with the Ultra, did some listening with ClearAudio+. It's good, in fact better than I remember when using the Walkman app with ClearAudio+. However, the ZX1 is easily better. Not hard to hear the difference in clarity - high's shine, details come to the forefront, it is indeed a marked improvement. The Ultra is huge, I don't think anyone can argue with that. I'm using it with the Sony battery case for it as well, which doubles the weight and thickness (and battery life), and yet I still persevere with taking the ZX1 with me every morning for my commute, makes my trek to work that much more tolerable. But whether it's worth it or not, again, comes down to what you're willing to pay for such improvements. For me, the answer is becoming nearly 100% yes as I continue to use the ZX1 :smile_phones:

Great, thank you! 

post #5130 of 7502

I bought the ZX1 again so should be getting it hopefully early next week. I'm pretty excited to get it again as I've been without a dap for a while.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model