Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 325

post #4861 of 6282
Quote:
OK-Guy View Post

 

How long does the ZX1's battery last when used with the Hugo through the USB trsnaport out into the Hugo?

post #4862 of 6282

Was anyone able to update using the mac software updater? I keep getting error messages. Is there another way to update?

post #4863 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music225 View Post
 

And it's a happy news for me :D who happens to love the design so much , now with great SQ , it's truly my dream DAP . Part of my library is Jazz from the golden age , with the update it is very happy news indeed .
What IEM do you use them with ?

 

you will be impressed for sure.

 

I use Noble N5's which are my personal IEM's, I love the detailed richness they give me. I was dragged up from a early age listening to vinyl & valve amps hence my love for this sound-signature... I could have any headphone in the Noble range I only have to ask but I prefer not to as it's more rewarding buying your own, weird I know.

post #4864 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuachew View Post
 

 

How long does the ZX1's battery last when used with the Hugo through the USB trsnaport out into the Hugo?

 

I'll be buying my Hugo in May/June time... Chord have sent Brannan my ZX1 along with another three Hugo's (he has four now). He will be at the Axpona Hi-Fi Show, Chicago next weekend, I'll ask him how long the battery last when connected to the Hugo as it will be pretty much in constant use over a three day period, it will be good to know for sure and I will report back next weekend, hth.

post #4865 of 6282
Does anyone kbow, could you use a USB otg to increase the capacity on the zx1 or f887?
post #4866 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCol View Post
 

I'm gagging to hear the ZX1, hopefully will be delivered around the 23/24 April.  Sony UK have really messed up with this launch, only getting 6 or 7 units every few weeks. 

 

Its laughable and I completely agree,

 

Mine said it was finally shipping on Thursday last week and I spoke to support all excited to ask if it could be expedited to saturday delivery (i'd paid 7:99 for next day), so i could just have it after being a month late.

 

The manager said they couldn't do anything and expected it to be with me on Monday; easter Monday :blink: after checking he just could not tell me when it would be delivered. 

 

I received the shipping email today, Saturday, with the website still saying delivery of 21-24 March :biggrin:

 

Can't get excited until I have it in my hand though, so a nervous wait!

post #4867 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post
 

very good info.

 

but can the stock ZX1 player stream the music from this WifiHD ?

 

Will the stock ZX1 player see the complete library all together (file that are IN the ZX1 and files that are IN the Wifi external HD)  ?

 

That would most likely require one of those UPnP / DLNA renderers such as PlugPlayer or BubbleUPnP, we're making some progress and trying to figure out what works best on page 141 of our Hugo thread here

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702787/chord-hugo/2100

 

Basically both BubbleUPnP and Sony Media Go version 2.7 are free, it really doesn't hurt to take a look at that thread before trying things out.

post #4868 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAund View Post

Does anyone kbow, could you use a USB otg to increase the capacity on the zx1 or f887?

very very good question...

post #4869 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannp View Post

Its laughable and I completely agree,

Mine said it was finally shipping on Thursday last week and I spoke to support all excited to ask if it could be expedited to saturday delivery (i'd paid 7:99 for next day), so i could just have it after being a month late.

The manager said they couldn't do anything and expected it to be with me on Monday; easter Monday blink.gif  after checking he just could not tell me when it would be delivered. 

I received the shipping email today, Saturday, with the website still saying delivery of 21-24 March biggrin.gif

Can't get excited until I have it in my hand though, so a nervous wait!

Does the UK version have a volume limit?
post #4870 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

you will be impressed for sure.

 

I use Noble N5's which are my personal IEM's, I love the detailed richness they give me. I was dragged up from a early age listening to vinyl & valve amps hence my love for this sound-signature... I could have any headphone in the Noble range I only have to ask but I prefer not to as it's more rewarding buying your own, weird I know.


Nah , it just makes sense , it's always better to buy your stuff when you can  :beerchug:

post #4871 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuachew View Post
 

Guys do you use ClearAudio+ since its just EQ-ing?

 

 

Personally I don't like ClearAudio+, as I feel it skews the balanced sound of the ZX1 too much. The only things I use are DSEE (it's so subtle, but seems to restore a touch of high end sparkle- just as the software description states), and sometimes Dynamic Normalizer if I want volume to be leveled between different artists' albums (different recordings can vary so much). 

post #4872 of 6282

It's good that the sound quality has improved, but there's still an issue for people who have more power guzzling iems and headphones? 

post #4873 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by delancyst View Post


Does the UK version have a volume limit?

Haven't received mine yet delancyst, so I can't say :) its on its way.....

post #4874 of 6282
Anyone heard about a mod XZ1 ( like some do with the AK). May be a "geek/gourou" can increase the capacity or add SD slot ? wink.gif
post #4875 of 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post

Was anyone able to update using the mac software updater? I keep getting error messages. Is there another way to update?


If you mean updating the firmware of the ZX1 itself, there's no need for a computer. Switch on your WiFi, go to Settings -> About Device -> Software Update. It will download the 280MB or so file and update upon rebooting.




"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model