or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 324

post #4846 of 7503

Still struggling with this 128Gb limitation (sorry to bother you all with this matter):

 

Anyone tried the ZX1 with this ?

 

 

post #4847 of 7503
People have suggested the Sony WG-C20 but seems to be hard to get hold of in the UK.

Anyone wanting the Sony MDR-1R's, Amazon UK have them for the bargain price of £104!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00974PZP0/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=pe_979161_47714731_CEPCDeals_1p_1_ti
post #4848 of 7503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liono View Post

People have suggested the Sony WG-C20 but seems to be hard to get hold of in the UK.

Anyone wanting the Sony MDR-1R's, Amazon UK have them for the bargain price of £104!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00974PZP0/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=pe_979161_47714731_CEPCDeals_1p_1_ti

 

very good info.

 

but can the stock ZX1 player stream the music from this WifiHD ?

 

Will the stock ZX1 player see the complete library all together (file that are IN the ZX1 and files that are IN the Wifi external HD)  ?


Edited by bmichels - 4/19/14 at 2:14am
post #4849 of 7503
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmichels View Post

Still struggling with this 128Gb limitation (sorry to bother you all with this matter):

 

Anyone tried the ZX1 with this ?


I don't see anything in their specs about a DLNA server which means it is reliant on its own Android app, perhaps.

If you want to use Sony's media player app like I do, then you need something with a DLNA server. The only portable WiFi device I know which has that is the Seagate Wireless Plus drive. Works well.




"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar
post #4850 of 7503
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

To me the biggest improvement is the vocals / midrange... and the one area where I'm saying to myself 'I don't remember it sounding this good'. Vocals are just so rich, full, and right sounding. Very nice!

Ok-guy and I both noticed this of the bat when they were released last december and was the only serious flaw on the player and is a long awaited welcome.

We did both mention it back then but every one seemed happy with the sq.

Its been quite a bit of an overhual rather than just tweaking and the mids are present at long last but yes those vocals are a tour de force now and really sounds like they are in front of you singing hence why i listen to kylie minogue a lot now! Lol

For me this is the cherry on top of the cake.
post #4851 of 7503
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post




agree with everything you said in you post mate which does save me on a bit of typing... being loving all my old soul today, The Delfonics, Chi-Lites, Roberta Flack, Dorothy Moore, The Dells, etc., these artist have been absent from my Walkman for an age mainly because they sounded crap... it's like having a turbocharged WM-Z but with more grunt either end, this is what I was hoping for from the outset, our patience has been rewarded.

btw... you'd know all about 'thoroughbreds & donkeys' supporting your mob... before to go for the ultra riposte, I know my team's full of asses 'eyor up the hammers'. wink_face.gif  

I spent another late one into the early hours because of this bloody update and listened to some rival sons, django dgango, lorde, milk, vintage trouble, ellie goulding, moby plus several more albums and and one thing i noticed is how some songs can manage to sound dry and airy but yet smooth and polished in other passages of same song which is a tetomony to how the player reads the source material and reproduces it more faithfully than some machines with its own coloration in signature will make it sound either one or the other through out the whole song, if you get me drift. Trying to do this from an Android phone phone which is a mare!

Palace should struggle against you as they have not been told which asses are playing this time!
post #4852 of 7503

Updated ZX1 firmware. In audio heaven at the moment. I can't believe how good the ZX1 is sounding. I'm sure glad I went with this over the other daps available. I honestly reckon the ZX1 is the best source / DAP around at the moment. Such refinement, such balance, such open sound, the sound stage is huge, airy, with a black back round. The bass goes looow, and the highs are just so dynamic now, can be as soft and airy as a feather, or crashing down like thunder. Same goes for the rest of the sound spectrum, just so dynamic now, the bass is insanely textured and the balance between mid bass and sub bass is perfect. The mids have a truly liquid feel to them, and they are now where they should be. Its unbelievable, i'm so happy with the zx1 that words cant express. When I listen to it i'm transported to another place, and I don't mean into the studio of the recording, but into the music it self! The ZX1 somehow manages to sound totally balanced and detailed, without being analytical at all. Its just liquid and so real.

 

Sony, I applaud you. (Or more specifically those at Sony in charge in charge of the ZX1) Thank you so much for this dap, thank you for not trying to be mainstream with the sound, but instead going for total reference in a truly beautiful way.


Edited by T.R.A.N.C.E. - 4/19/14 at 5:38am
post #4853 of 7503
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

Updated ZX1 firmware. In audio heaven at the moment. I can't believe how good the ZX1 is sounding. I'm sure glad I went with this over the other daps available. I honestly reckon the ZX1 is the best source / DAP around at the moment. Such refinement, such balance, such open sound, the sound stage is huge, airy, with a black back round. The bass goes loow, and the highs are just so dynamic now, can be as soft as a feather, or crashing down. Same goes for the rest of the sound spectrum, just so dynamic now. Its unbelievable, i'm so happy with the zx1 that words cant express. When listen to it i'm transported to another place, and I don't mean into the studio of the recording, but into the music it self. The ZX1 somehow manages to sound totally balanced and detailed, without being analytical at all. Its just liquid and so real. Some might feel that the ZX1 lost a touch of energy in the sound and has become more relaxed, but thats simply because of the more balanced sound.

 

Sony, I applaud you. (Or more specifically those at Sony in charge in charge of the ZX1) Thank you so much for this dap, thank you for not trying to be mainstream with the sound, but instead going for total reference in a truly beautiful way.

+1

post #4854 of 7503

I knew it , they're gonna do something with the software to do that ăss justice !
Looks like ZX1's owners are feeling like hitting a jack pot right now :beerchug: Please update your thoughts on some comparisons and also pairings
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post
 

Updated ZX1 firmware. In audio heaven at the moment. I can't believe how good the ZX1 is sounding. I'm sure glad I went with this over the other daps available. I honestly reckon the ZX1 is the best source / DAP around at the moment. Such refinement, such balance, such open sound, the sound stage is huge, airy, with a black back round. The bass goes loow, and the highs are just so dynamic now, can be as soft as a feather, or crashing down. Same goes for the rest of the sound spectrum, just so dynamic now. Its unbelievable, i'm so happy with the zx1 that words cant express. When listen to it i'm transported to another place, and I don't mean into the studio of the recording, but into the music it self. The ZX1 somehow manages to sound totally balanced and detailed, without being analytical at all. Its just liquid and so real. Some might feel that the ZX1 lost a touch of energy in the sound and has become more relaxed, but thats simply because of the more balanced sound.

 

Sony, I applaud you. (Or more specifically those at Sony in charge in charge of the ZX1) Thank you so much for this dap, thank you for not trying to be mainstream with the sound, but instead going for total reference in a truly beautiful way.

What IEM do you use it with ?


Edited by Music225 - 4/19/14 at 5:01am
post #4855 of 7503

Guys do you use ClearAudio+ since its just EQ-ing?

post #4856 of 7503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music225 View Post
 

Wow , super hyped with this new update reports , is what ZX1 should have been released .
Some questions for OKGuy , do you now see clear improvement from F-series ? ZX1's cons with old recording as you had mentioned before , is it now gone with the update ? Do you feel the need to look back at your walkman Z any longer ?

 

imho there are no sound differences between the models, the ZX1 & F886/7 have always sounded exactly the same to these ears.... the ZX1 is the 'anniversary model', hence different design.

 

the problems I was having with older recordings has completely disappeared thankfully, for the last day I have been revelling in 60/70's music... everything is in place and those sweet soul melodies sound so smooth, funk is now a joyist foot stomping riot (happy-feet eat your heart out)... as many will attest I loved my Z1070 for old recordings, it treated them with respect & aplomb, the ZX1/F886/7 has taken it to the next level in a extremely good way. I will always look back on my time with the WM-Z with great affection but I can't go back now, before the update it was yes, now it's a big 'no', which is a bit sad for me (it's personal).

post #4857 of 7503

I'm gagging to hear the ZX1, hopefully will be delivered around the 23/24 April.  Sony UK have really messed up with this launch, only getting 6 or 7 units every few weeks. 

 

Got the DX90 a couple of days ago which is sounding really sweet so will be interesting to hear the ZX1 along side it.

 

On a side note the PHA-2 is doing a sterling job as a DAC to my Nexus 5, really takes it up a few notches on the SQ.

post #4858 of 7503
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 View Post


I spent another late one into the early hours because of this bloody update and listened to some rival sons, django dgango, lorde, milk, vintage trouble, ellie goulding, moby plus several more albums and and one thing i noticed is how some songs can manage to sound dry and airy but yet smooth and polished in other passages of same song which is a tetomony to how the player reads the source material and reproduces it more faithfully than some machines with its own coloration in signature will make it sound either one or the other through out the whole song, if you get me drift. Trying to do this from an Android phone phone which is a mare!

Palace should struggle against you as they have not been told which asses are playing this time!

 

yet again I have to agree with a 'yiddite' (the horror)... you are saving me a lot of typing.

 

I can tell you the 'Fat Ones' team selection... donkey up front, asses in midfield and mules in defence, all that matters is that you can 'hoof it'... :confused_face:

post #4859 of 7503
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

imho there are no sound differences between the models, the ZX1 & F886/7 have always sounded exactly the same to these ears.... the ZX1 is the 'anniversary model', hence different design.

 

the problems I was having with older recordings has completely disappeared thankfully, for the last day I have been revelling in 60/70's music... everything is in place and those sweet soul melodies sound so smooth, funk is now a joyist foot stomping riot (happy-feet eat your heart out)... as many will attest I loved my Z1070 for old recordings, it treated them with respect & aplomb, the ZX1/F886/7 has taken it to the next level in a extremely good way. I will always look back on my time with the WM-Z with great affection but I can't go back now, before the update it was yes, now it's a big 'no', which is a bit sad for me (it's personal).

And it's a happy news for me :D who happens to love the design so much , now with great SQ , it's truly my dream DAP . Part of my library is Jazz from the golden age , with the update it is very happy news indeed .
What IEM do you use them with ?

post #4860 of 7503
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCol View Post
 

I'm gagging to hear the ZX1, hopefully will be delivered around the 23/24 April.  Sony UK have really messed up with this launch, only getting 6 or 7 units every few weeks. 

 

Got the DX90 a couple of days ago which is sounding really sweet so will be interesting to hear the ZX1 along side it.

 

On a side note the PHA-2 is doing a sterling job as a DAC to my Nexus 5, really takes it up a few notches on the SQ.

 

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the DX90>ZX1, always liked the iBasso brand (& FiiO).

 

For the first time since I've had my PHA-2 I've stopped pairing it with my Walkman's...in truth I haven't paired it yet, I'm so chuffed with the update I'm just loving the listening to the F887 on its own... in the past I always paired my F887 with PHA-2 (mainly form factor, it fits better than ZX1 stacked), it gave me a better SQ using line-out and improved things.

 

I must add using the PHA-2 in hi-gain is a riot with IEM's... only for those with utter disregard for their hearing. :wink_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model