Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 306

post #4576 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannp View Post

Is it normal to pay another 3.5% on top at PJ when paying by paypal.

 

Has to be in US dollars and has the 3.5% on top too.

 

Anyone from the UK get the device from PJ and payed the extra fee?

 

PJ say its paypal taking the 3.5% and paypal say it should be free of those charges to me.


Yes, they charged me 3.5% for credit card via PayPal. Think it was free if I used bank transfer but not overly sure.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
post #4577 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCol View Post


Yes, they charged me 3.5% for credit card via PayPal. Think it was free if I used bank transfer but not overly sure.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

 

Thanks McCol and in US Dollars not Yen?

post #4578 of 6314
Yeah it was us dollars on my PHA-2 order.
post #4579 of 6314

http://www.pricejapan.com/front/e_price_quote_completed.php

 

Quote:
Credit card fee of paypal     USD 25     
USD Total     USD 743

 

IMHO that's cheaper to go through Amazon ourselves and then send the package directly a forwarding service

 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B00FF071I4

 

69,800 yen + 2,400 yen for international shipping to North America + 150 yen handling fee = 72,350 yen (700 bucks or so) plus currency conversion fees charged by the bank and Visa / MasterCard etc.

 

http://www.jshoppers.com/forward/special.asp?id=shipping

 

Personally I don't think I would consider Price Japan whenever something could be ordered via Amazon on my own. Of course Price Japan should be fantastic when I actually can't find that listed on Amazon to begin with.

 

My credit card company doesn't even charge any currency conversion fees at all and I'm only paying Visa 1% for the conversion. That's why it's well worth the time to do our homework before we get a credit card for purchases with different currencies.

post #4580 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

Probably, but the AK brand is having a strong sale figure here in the USA.  Why don't Sony just do the same?  Their ZX-1 is noticeably better than my modified AK100, I don't see why people won't go for it.  To think of it, they will likely take a loss pricing it under $500.00.
Dude it probably costs sony $80 to make a zx1 maybe less
Edited by mpawluk91 - 3/29/14 at 11:43pm
post #4581 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


Dude it probably costs sony $80 to make a zx1 maybe less

well....the part cost is probably more than that and i was only joking though.  Seriously speaking,  it probably cost Sony more than AK manufacturing the ZX1 compared to the AK120.  Also Sony has been known to loose out money wise making a statement products.  Remember the SCD-1?

post #4582 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post
 

Where can we buy these and at what price?  Thanks.

 

currently japanese amazon is carrying. 50 bucks.

 

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RT-SZX1LC2

post #4583 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post

well....the part cost is probably more than that and i was only joking though.  Seriously speaking,  it probably cost Sony more than AK manufacturing the ZX1 compared to the AK120.  Also Sony has been known to loose out money wise making a statement products.  Remember the SCD-1?
That's true, sony always goes out of their way to make the classiest equipment at any cost.

My favorite examples are hi-md or the launch playstation 3 (I still have mine with the box smily_headphones1.gif )
post #4584 of 6314
Hey does anyone know what the output power of the f887 is? I have a iPod touch 5g and it powers my amperior's great at 60% volume. I've read here that clip+ has more output power than a zx1, I feel that the clip+ and the Itouch 5g have similar power and sound quality

Thanks
Edited by mpawluk91 - 3/30/14 at 1:15am
post #4585 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT66 View Post

£489 in total from price Japan, not really a massive saving from Sony UK £569.


£80 not worth saving, right...  It's not just the price though, I imagine the zx1 will have the uk-euro volume cap issue on it as well.

post #4586 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


Dude it probably costs sony $80 to make a zx1 maybe less

 

Most consumer products have parts worth about 10% of the retail price

nothing new with that.

post #4587 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post

Hey does anyone know what the output power of the f887 is? I have a iPod touch 5g and it powers my amperior's great at 60% volume. I've read here that clip+ has more output power than a zx1, I feel that the clip+ and the Itouch 5g have similar power and sound quality

Thanks


best to stick with what you have then don't you think?

post #4588 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotton View Post
 


£80 not worth saving, right...  It's not just the price though, I imagine the zx1 will have the uk-euro volume cap issue on it as well.

But won't it get stopped at customs? 

 

And what about the warranty, can you return it to sony UK, or would they insist on sending it back to japan? More costs if anything goes wrong. 

post #4589 of 6314

it won't get stopped at customs if you use the Courier (FedEx) instead on EMS... using EMS you will get hit for £25-30 by Royal Mail (using Price-Japan)

 

if you're concerned about the warranty, best to use Sony's own insurers that they use for warranties: https://partners.domgen.com/Quote/products/mp3-player-extended-warranty

 

for the Walkman knockers... so far with both my ZX1 & F887 I have had no problems with the following using sensitive IEM's & KEF M500's... output problems, volume problems, battery problems, UI problems or any other problem you can think up... both my Walkman's work excellently so I guess I am blessed, which is a whole lot different to people surmising what it wrong with the ZX1 especially when they've only had the photo's to listen to it's fantastic sound quality.


Edited by OK-Guy - 3/30/14 at 6:08am
post #4590 of 6314
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post


best to stick with what you have then don't you think?
Sir I personally thank you for this. You might be the first person on headfi that suggests I keep my money and enjoy what I have. Ignorance is bliss
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model