or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 282

post #4216 of 7455

Someone posted which apps to turn off (or delete?) to increase battery life. I can't find this post again, can anybody point me to it?

 

Thanks

Ilkyway

post #4217 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeiger View Post

Here are some things I experienced that Sony should fix / improve with a software update:
  • After syncing with the PC, a media player background process frequently hangs with 50% CPU use. It needs to be killed manually or the battery is dead after 4 or 5 hours. If your player gets warm, check for this process!
  • The Sony player app does not respect disc numbers. If you have a multi-disc album, the tracks are in the wrong order.
  • No way to select by genre plus album. On an iPod, for example, selecting "All" in the artists list after selecting a genre gives you a list of albums. The walkman software just gives you a useless playlist of all tracks for that genre.
  • Can't exclude song artists from artists view and only show album artists.
  • The folder browsing mode doesn't show cover art which is a pity because it is still the most useful browsing mode, considering the problems and limited features of the database-based browsing
Wow, I'm amazed it doesn't sort any better than that! My DX100 does do multi-disc albums in the right order, but they just display as different albums in the sorting; however when selecting the first, it does play all of them one after another, and in the right order, with the tracks in the right order, not all the #1's together, etc.
I'd love genre plus album, as the iPod does, indeed. I really imagined the Sony Player would get that right.
Similarly, no exclusion of song artists from artist view, unless removed from tags... I wonder if the Calyx M will improve on this. I find it amazing that the iPod's efficient sorting and fluid UI hasn't been equalled all these years later.
post #4218 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeiger View Post
 

Here are some things I experienced that Sony should fix / improve with a software update:

  • After syncing with the PC, a media player background process frequently hangs with 50% CPU use. It needs to be killed manually or the battery is dead after 4 or 5 hours. If your player gets warm, check for this process!
  • The Sony player app does not respect disc numbers. If you have a multi-disc album, the tracks are in the wrong order.
  • No way to select by genre plus album. On an iPod, for example, selecting "All" in the artists list after selecting a genre gives you a list of albums. The walkman software just gives you a useless playlist of all tracks for that genre.
  • Can't exclude song artists from artists view and only show album artists.
  • The folder browsing mode doesn't show cover art which is a pity because it is still the most useful browsing mode, considering the problems and limited features of the database-based browsing

My number one gripe about this player is for the price, the batteries aren't removable. I cant justify the purchase and then 3-4 years down the road, what am I going to do with it? Already 'some' Z walkman owners are searching for replaceable batteries for a product that is 3 years old! From a company that released walkmans & discmans that relied on replaceable battery, I feel any company that comes out with something so expensive should offer the choice of the user to able to replace the battery after the warranty period.

post #4219 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

Suddenly I felt guilty to have bought and sold it when peeps are still waiting for it....

A few 2nd hand posting in Hong Kong forums if anyone who can maneuver chinese forums is so inclined to contact these sellers (tho not sure how receptive are these locals are to selling to overseas buyers):
http://www.dcfever.com/trading/view.php?itemID=2452091
http://www.dcfever.com/trading/view.php?itemID=2443850
http://www.dcfever.com/trading/view.php?itemID=2443010
http://www.dcfever.com/trading/view.php?itemID=2435918

Heheh! Thanks for the tip, kkcc! smily_headphones1.gif
post #4220 of 7455
Would you all say that the only need for the pha-2 would be for over the ear type headphones? I just bought the xba40's and curious if I should invest in one. Just got a amazon store card.
post #4221 of 7455
I use to have the sony xba 4 i loved them and really improve with a decent amp, this may sound strange but I preferred them to my ps1000 Grado headphones, maybe I just prefer in ears
post #4222 of 7455
The bass will blow you away with your sony xba 40 in ears with a decent amp, they need loads of drive to get the best out of them
post #4223 of 7455

The PHA-2 is an improvement over the sound of my F886, providing a much precise bass. It's power output isn't that much so yeah, is mostly recommended for IEM's, my XBA-H3 likes it quite a lot but I still have room to increase de volume, but I'm good enough as it is. This is with no gain though, increasing the gain should also increase the volume.

post #4224 of 7455

Has anybody got the ZX1 to play notifications/alarms via the speacer when a headphone was plucked in? You ask why? Well I go to sleep with headphones so not to disturb my husband but want the player to be my alarm clock in the morning. This works fine with my phone (Note 2) but the ZX1 just gives the notifications/alarms via the headphones regardless of the selections in the apps I tried out.

 

Thanks

Ilkyway

post #4225 of 7455

ZX1 > Hugo > TWau > Hidition NT6

 

post #4226 of 7455
And how does it sound, Mike? Curious about how the Hugo is with iems
post #4227 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post
 

ZX1 > Hugo > TWau > Hidition NT6

 

 

great photo Mimo.... how's the pairing?

post #4228 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
 

Has anybody got the ZX1 to play notifications/alarms via the speacer when a headphone was plucked in? You ask why? Well I go to sleep with headphones so not to disturb my husband but want the player to be my alarm clock in the morning. This works fine with my phone (Note 2) but the ZX1 just gives the notifications/alarms via the headphones regardless of the selections in the apps I tried out.

 

Thanks

Ilkyway

 

there is an alarm function, don't know how it works as I only use the music-player.

post #4229 of 7455

 

I found that but it does not work as I would like to use it: hearphones plucked in and the alarm via speaker phone. When plucked in the alrarm only is audible via the headphone. 

Anybody else an idea?

post #4230 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
 

 

I found that but it does not work as I would like to use it: hearphones plucked in and the alarm via speaker phone. When plucked in the alrarm only is audible via the headphone. 

 

Anybody else an idea?


You need to use "Sound About", when having the headphones plugged into the player the player automatically redirects all audio to them. Sound About allows you to change this, so that the sound goes through the player speaker. It has a widget that allows you to change this on the fly. I use it for my SBH-52 bluetooth headset, so that music doesn't go through the headset and rather goes through the PHA-2. There is a link to the android store just a few pages back.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model