Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 273

post #4081 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCol View Post

Done a quick search but need more thoughts/impressions on the ZX1 with Ety Er4s and the AKG K3003.

 

lots of K3003 talk around mid-Dec/early-Jan in the thread if memory serves me right... it might help a bit in your quest.

post #4082 of 6599

anyone paired the ZX1 with the Sony MDR-R1's?... cheers for any thoughts.

post #4083 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

anyone paired the ZX1 with the Sony MDR-R1's?... cheers for any thoughts.

Yes I have. Love the sound! Very flat response, not too bassy. I'm glad I got the Japanese model as takes more volume to drive than my iems. Love the way the zx1 makes even lower bit rate music sound better. HR music like Muse, Alice Cooper, Bossa Nova Quincy Jones is just so clear and the sound stage is just magnificent.

I've been trying to upload some pics without success.
post #4084 of 6599

Does anybody have word on the release date of the ZX1 in Canada? Or at least the official USA release perhaps?

 

Cheers.

post #4085 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post
 

Does anybody have word on the release date of the ZX1 in Canada? Or at least the official USA release perhaps?

 

Cheers.

 

dleblanc343, there seems to be some hold up in the roll out of the ZX1: it was supposed to released in early Feb here in Singapore, then it was pushed back to late Feb. Now, we hear the plan is some time in March. And we are still waiting.... :blink:

post #4086 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiats View Post
 

 

dleblanc343, there seems to be some hold up in the roll out of the ZX1: it was supposed to released in early Feb here in Singapore, then it was pushed back to late Feb. Now, we hear the plan is some time in March. And we are still waiting.... :blink:

 

4-6 weeks wait time in US for new casework arrival. Chord Dealer told me it just estimate for now. No promise.

post #4087 of 6599

So, we are not the only unloved ones here in Singapore...:blink:

post #4088 of 6599

Does ZX1 support DSD files?

 

Sorry for asking this, there is a lot of info about DSD capability of ZX1.

post #4089 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 

 

4-6 weeks wait time in US for new casework arrival. Chord Dealer told me it just estimate for now. No promise.


I realize that I post this wrongly. Sorry folks, the above post was for Chord Hugo and not ZX1. I guess I am dreaming too much about Hugo boss.

post #4090 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCol View Post

Done a quick search but need more thoughts/impressions on the ZX1 with Ety Er4s and the AKG K3003.

Holographic soundstage using ZX1 and 3003 with Clear Audio enabled, at the expense of. A mild midrange dip. An addicting sound for me, and so far, the best pocketable sound I have heard with iems. I'll have to wait til my ZX1 comes back to test it with the ER4S, but all signs point to greatness.
post #4091 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post


Holographic soundstage using ZX1 and 3003 with Clear Audio enabled, at the expense of. A mild midrange dip. An addicting sound for me, and so far, the best pocketable sound I have heard with iems. I'll have to wait til my ZX1 comes back to test it with the ER4S, but all signs point to greatness.

 

That sounds ideal. 

Ive got a bit of a dilema though in terms of is it really worth choosing the ZX1 over the F886.  Aside from the extra storage there seems to be a feeling amongst some that there is very little difference in price. 

About to order as I can 20% off either model through Sony UK, thats a nice £100 saving on the ZX1.  Choices, choices!!!

post #4092 of 6599

order both and judge for yourself!

post #4093 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post
 

order both and judge for yourself!

 

Would love too but budget wont stretch that far!

post #4094 of 6599

but you'd only end up keeping 1 of them and return the other to sony for a full refund. absolutely nothing lost by doing that and surely worth finding the extra dosh to make that home trial of both possible?

post #4095 of 6599
I don't want to splash out £500+ on one of these if it needs an external amp in order to run low impedance IEMs. I'm sure it's been asked and answered dozens of times, but what is the output impedance of this DAP? Any particular reason why it wouldn't do well with the 1Plus2 or SE846?

Everything about this player appeals to me. I'd much rather buy a Sony than an Astell & Kern but the output impedance will be the deciding factor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model