Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 28

post #406 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by purk View Post
 

 

If you can that will be great.  Given that your owned the DX100 in the past, I'm curious what you think.  Can you bring your F or Z as a reference?  Thanks in advance AnakChan.

 

I've actually just sold my DX100 (although pending shipment). And I owned the NW-F807 for less than a week and returned it 'cos no hires support (then). But There's plenty of F & Zs floating around in the Ginza store with probably the same Japanese anime or J-POP tracks even to make it a fair comparison.

 

I'll bring my AK120 and HM-901 in there for sure but may not have the same tracks - and I highly doubt if I'm allowed to bring my own computer to sync my songs ;-). Will see what I can do though. Will be using my trusty TG!334 as my ref headphones (unless others have recommendations on earpieces they want me to try? Please look through my profile to see what earphones "we may have in common"). I won't be bringing big cans though so no TH-900 requests please ;-).

post #407 of 6045
901 comparisons n TG334 will totally work for me, much obliged.
i think they will load it with highres tracks to showcase this new product. Wonder if they wud let u to demo the PHA-2 combo also...
post #408 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I've actually just sold my DX100 (although pending shipment). And I owned the NW-F807 for less than a week and returned it 'cos no hires support (then). But There's plenty of F & Zs floating around in the Ginza store with probably the same Japanese anime or J-POP tracks even to make it a fair comparison.

I'll bring my AK120 and HM-901 in there for sure but may not have the same tracks - and I highly doubt if I'm allowed to bring my own computer to sync my songs ;-). Will see what I can do though. Will be using my trusty TG!334 as my ref headphones (unless others have recommendations on earpieces they want me to try? Please look through my profile to see what earphones "we may have in common"). I won't be bringing big cans though so no TH-900 requests please ;-).

Well I preordered blind and deaf with ビックカメラ already but would still see how it pairs with my tg334 too! Comparison with 901 and ak120 are especially appreciated!

I am also very interested in any streaming service comparability (e.g. Pandora, Spotify, etc)
Edited by kkcc - 10/1/13 at 11:44pm
post #409 of 6045

my favorite sell phone is Sony its very good cell phone and i like this very much

post #410 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Well I preordered blind and deaf with ビックカメラ already but would still see how it pairs with my tg334 too! Comparison with 901 and ak120 are especially appreciated!

 

there goes your AK120 money :D

 

:beerchug:

post #411 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post

there goes your AK120 money biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Yea I m hopelessly deep in this hole.... beerchug.gif
post #412 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post


Yea I m hopelessly deep in this hole.... beerchug.gif

 

Nah, X'mas just came a bit earlier this year..:D
 

I hope ZX1 will truly be the magical standalone solution...that works with most iem..

post #413 of 6045

why Bic Camera?  only reason I can think of is points heh....I think I got some points left @ yodobashi.

 

@ Anakchan, thanks for doing this, I think this will be invaluable for all of us on the sidelines waiting.  Have fun in Ginza.

post #414 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui123 View Post

why Bic Camera?  only reason I can think of is points heh....I think I got some points left @ yodobashi.

@ Anakchan, thanks for doing this, I think this will be invaluable for all of us on the sidelines waiting.  Have fun in Ginza.

Yea points, and it's actually an impulse buy.... yes yes I know I need to not miss my shopaholic group therapy sessions....
post #415 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 I won't be bringing big cans though so no TH-900 requests please ;-).

 

Darn it!

I was just going to mention the Sig DJs! (if you still have them! LOL!).

 

Keep us posted if you indeed test drive the player!

 

 

Thanks.

post #416 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 It did interest me until I saw the size/weight :P.

 

Thats what she said!

 

;)

post #417 of 6045

I just realized that FAW is offering WM-PORT to dual-XLR cable

 

http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=51

 

Is that supposed to be TRUE balanced output from WM-PORT or not? If so, we could actually build a balanced rig with something like The Intruder when the DAC inside ZX1 is superior. Driving those hungry cans could be done easily with a relatively small package.

post #418 of 6045

Other impressions about ZX1 from Japan :

http://www.call-t.co.jp/blog/mt/archives/entry/015789.html


Edited by f198 - 10/3/13 at 6:43am
post #419 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by f198 View Post

Other impressions about ZX1 from Japan :
http://www.call-t.co.jp/blog/mt/archives/entry/015789.html
what does it say, more or less?
post #420 of 6045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


what does it say, more or less?

 

If somebody who know Japanese could do a translation of the main ideas it would be wonderful

(Also for the other linked earlier in this thread http://xperiarx.blog.fc2.com/ )

Google translation is very poor.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model