Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 268

post #4006 of 6599

my Cruzerlite TPU case arrived today... imo this case is a must have with the ZX1, absolute bargain at £10 with next day delivery from Amazon, great quality as well.

 

now I await for a nice leather case with a flip-top... :tongue_smile:

post #4007 of 6599
the Dignis case is nice.
post #4008 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdopa View Post
 

I bought the Cruzerlite TPU case directly from its web (you can buy using Paypal)

 

If this is Spam sorry and please edit:

 

http://www.cruzerlite.com/cases/sony/tpu-case-for-the-sony-walkman-zx1

 

The case arrived in one week (Spain). I paid €18,68 EUR shipping included ($24,90 USD)

 

Vect: yes, I am :rolleyes: 


Well I'm in there too, from 2005, quite an old user. Nice to see you here, my right is on the F886 post :)

post #4009 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

my Cruzerlite TPU case arrived today... imo this case is a must have with the ZX1, absolute bargain at £10 with next day delivery from Amazon, great quality as well.



 



now I await for a nice leather case with a flip-top... " src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/tongue_smile.gif" />


 



Having had my ZX1 for a week, it is a pain pulling it out of the supplied case to change tracks etc, so as I've cancelled my amazon.com order, just ordered the Cruzerlite from amazon.uk with a walkman lineout jack cable for free postage.

Initially i was dissappointed with the battery life, but has been suggested previously in the thread i have stopped non essential apps and all the google apps and it's made a huge difference!
post #4010 of 6599

Guys, nobody listens jaja

 

You can use any bluetooth headset to change tracks on both f886 and zx1 walkmans using Soundabout, you don't even require root.

 

Just put on Media Audio, instead of "Let app decide" chose "Wired Headphones". BAM, even with your headset connected it will send audio trough the headphones BUT you can use the headset buttons to control the device. Consumption is really little even on my F886. you don't even have to look at the screen to change songs, or, if you are using PowerAMP, you don't even need to use the screen to change folders.

 

As a plus, if you use the SBH-52 you can also see the track tittle and album on the small screen. The only downsize of this is that volume cannot be changed through the headset volume buttons, just through the physical buttons of the device, (but in all ohonestly, I don't have a need to continuously change volume on each song)

 

Other thing to mention is that... it even works with the PHA-2 connected. glorious, just glorious.

post #4011 of 6599

Nice review from Stuff... for those who would like to know how Itouch compared to ZX1, here is an extract

 

"We started comparing the ZX1 to an iPod Touch and things got ugly for Apple very quickly. The Sony is way ahead in every department, from its weighty delivery to its extraordinary precision. We’ve always been keen on the iPod’s sound, but next to the ZX1 it comes across as brash and unsophisticated. It comfortable beats those high-res-playing phones we mentioned, too."

 

I also add that the low end of the bass of ZX1 is way ahead of the itouch, ZX1 distinguished each bass notes more precisely than Itouch and the attack across the frequency  trumped the Itouch, Ipod, note3 completely.

 

 

post #4012 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

my Cruzerlite TPU case arrived today... imo this case is a must have with the ZX1, absolute bargain at £10 with next day delivery from Amazon, great quality as well.


It looks like a solid case but I still live in hope to find one like the Otterbox Defender where the device is entirely protected, including the screen. That and a holster with a belt clip because I never like putting these devices in sweaty pockets during the summer.




"If it sounds good to you, that's all that matters. " - Artstar
post #4013 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 

Nice review from Stuff... for those who would like to know how Itouch compared to ZX1, here is an extract

 

"We started comparing the ZX1 to an iPod Touch and things got ugly for Apple very quickly. The Sony is way ahead in every department, from its weighty delivery to its extraordinary precision. We’ve always been keen on the iPod’s sound, but next to the ZX1 it comes across as brash and unsophisticated. It comfortable beats those high-res-playing phones we mentioned, too."

 

I also add that the low end of the bass of ZX1 is way ahead of the itouch, ZX1 distinguished each bass notes more precisely than Itouch and the attack across the frequency  trumped the Itouch, Ipod, note3 completely.

 

 

 

 

this is the forth time a Walkman has upstaged their precious iTouch/iPod and the first time the say Sony is king.... though they try and intimate that there is no market for a ZX1 (see end of article)... by the amount of people importing them I'd say Sony could be about to clean-up mass market wise.

post #4014 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

this is the forth time a Walkman has upstaged their precious iTouch/iPod and the first time the say Sony is king.... though they try and intimate that there is no market for a ZX1 (see end of article)... by the amount of people importing them I'd say Sony could be about to clean-up mass market wise.
They would have to make a zx1 phone or at least a walkman phone

People like to carry only 1 device at least in the us, and most consumers really don't care about sound quality all that much. Look at beats for example
post #4015 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpawluk91 View Post


They would have to make a zx1 phone or at least a walkman phone

People like to carry only 1 device at least in the us, and most consumers really don't care about sound quality all that much. Look at beats for example


I hope the day will come.. A fully function phone with audiophile grade components and a retina display quality that has a huge storage like 256gb and the option to choose 1tb for mechanical HDD. This will be the mother of all phone/ DAP combo.

post #4016 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post
 


I hope the day will come.. A fully function phone with audiophile grade components and a retina display quality that has a huge storage like 256gb and the option to choose 1tb for mechanical HDD. This will be the mother of all phone/ DAP combo.


Hmmm... the price of that thing could go as up as 1000 gbp, quite easily. THat's the whole reason because I got the PHA-2, may as well get a phone more or less like that but cheaper and the sound will be on charge of the DAC.

post #4017 of 6599
the hiss is too much for those with sensitive iems.
it can even be heard during quiet passages.
post #4018 of 6599
Yayyy got mines today!!
post #4019 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiowood View Post


I hope the day will come.. A fully function phone with audiophile grade components and a retina display quality that has a huge storage like 256gb and the option to choose 1tb for mechanical HDD. This will be the mother of all phone/ DAP combo.
That day will probably never come

The idea is to good
post #4020 of 6599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liono View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannp View Post
 

 

Ok thanks for the link <img data-cke-saved-src=

 

It works out more than Sony at £576.312 so still pondering the direct Sony pre order ... decisions decisions <img data-cke-saved-src=

 



Also here:
http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-14571-sony-nwzzx1-high-resolution-portable-audio-player.aspx

also a Stuff Magazine review:
http://www.stuff.tv/nwz-zx1-walkman/sony-nwz-zx1-high-resolution-walkman/review

Thanks for the links, very interesting.

 

I will drop superfi an email asking when they are expecting stock.

 

Waiting for Sony to reply to my email from a couple of days ago about when they expect stock too.

 

Out of interest what headphones are you all using with your ZX1?

 

Pondering whether I need some new ones to go with a ZX1 or my existing will suffice :biggrin:


Edited by mannp - 3/6/14 at 10:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model