Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 201

post #3001 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

Guys I have a Wiki question which I'm desperate for a solution to my problem... so any advice would be welcomed.

 

I wonder if you could possibly help regarding connecting the Sony ZX1 or F886/7 Walkman's to the Chord Hugo... I have this WM-Port>Female USB connector which is meant to allow for connection to a exterior DAC, so far my mate can't find a way to connect to the Hugo via USB, do I need a special USB lead?... if you could advise it would be greatly appreciated.

 

 

Chord Hugo... http://www.head-fi.org/t/693028/chord-hugo-to-go-portable-dsd-dac-amp

 

I have the same problems.  I can't seem to get my ZX-1 to connect to my NAD M51, W4S DAC2, and FiiO E17 either.  Was able to connect to Headamp Pico DAC/Amp & the PS Audio Digital Link III though.  The DACs that work with the ZX-1 don't seem to require any USB driver though.  Have yet to try with my Eximus DP-1 yet.

post #3002 of 6283
Female micro USB on Hugo and female USB "A" type on Sony WMC-NWH10 itself.

There's an adapter from Startech with male micro USB on one end and male USB "A" type on another

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200415

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-USB-Micro-Cable-Adapter/dp/B001K9BEJ6

http://www.startech.com/Cables/USB-2.0/Micro/USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male~GCUSBAMBM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-/171201328129
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-/400631451937
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-/261253827706
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-com-USB-A-to-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-USB-/321268073676
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptateur-Usb-A-Male-Micro-Usb-B-Male-StarTech-Neuf-/300981212261
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTECH-COM-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-TO-MICRO-USB-B-ADAP-/281242748417
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-com-USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-GCUSBAMBM-/191012137858
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-com-USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-GCUSBAMBM-/290989463285
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTECH-COM-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-TO-USB-B-CABLE-ADAPTER-M-M-/310839671120
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTECH-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-TO-MICRO-USB-B-ADAP-MALE-TO-MALE-/400472858720
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adattatore-Cavo-USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Maschio-Maschio-StarTech-/290986830521
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-NEW-/121182968747
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-NEW-/290982102773
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-NEW-/300951600359
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Startech-Gcusbambm-Usb-To-Micro-Usb-Cable-Adapter-Male-Male-/350800691975
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-A-Type-Male-to-Micro-B-Male-Adapter-CablesOnline-AD-U23-/291042440782
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-to-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-USB-adapter-/370968877850
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTECH-ADAPTOR-USB-A-TO-MICRO-USB-B-ADAPTOR-M-TO-M-GCUSBAMBM-/331039840526
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-/290961978990
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptador-De-Cable-StarTech-USB-A-a-Micro-USB-B-Macho-a-Macho-Nuevo-/300978059925
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-A-to-USB-B-Cable-Adaptor-USB-Adaptor-4-pin-USB-Type-A-M-/321218650643
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-com-USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adap-Male-Male-1xA-Male-1xMicro-B-Male-/231126168403
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-Black-/331041877698
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Startech-com-Usb-To-Micro-Usb-Adapter-Type-A-Male-Usb-To-Micro-gcusbambm-/331080332795

Generic ones similar to Startech GCUSBAMBM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-Male-to-Micro-5-Pin-Male-Adapter-Converter-/360700076560
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-Male-To-Micro-B-Male-Adapter-Adaptor-connector-converter-/261236541614
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Type-A-Male-to-Micro-USB-Type-B-Male-Adapter-Connector-M-M-Plug-Charger-/321285831164
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PCS-USB-2-0-Type-A-Male-To-Micro-B-Male-Adapter-Adaptor-connector-converter-/251142995967
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-PCS-USB-2-0-Type-A-Male-To-Micro-B-Male-Adapter-Adaptor-connector-converter-/251343514855

More with special angles

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=15902665091

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-Converter-Male-Type-A-/260826366290
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-x-USB-2-0-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-Converter-Male-Type-A-/250863814145
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-USB-2-0-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-Converter-Male-Type-A-/190804476790
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-USB-Adapter-with-Type-A-Male-to-Micro-A-Male-90-Degree-Plug-/150722126435
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-USB-Adapter-with-Type-A-Male-to-Micro-A-Male-90-Degree-Plug-/160993617305
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-Cu3-/140998994201
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-T1K-/360678349839
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-F8s-/370836782100
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-LS4G-/130960777850
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-E0Xc-/161053527015
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-v-h9-/321228216601
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UN3F-USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-/271291995998
post #3003 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeteeyou View Post

Female micro USB on Hugo and female USB "A" type on Sony WMC-NWH10 itself.

There's an adapter from Startech with male micro USB on one end and male USB "A" type on another

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200415

http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-USB-Micro-Cable-Adapter/dp/B001K9BEJ6

http://www.startech.com/Cables/USB-2.0/Micro/USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male~GCUSBAMBM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-/171201328129
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-/400631451937
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-/261253827706
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-com-USB-A-to-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-USB-/321268073676
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptateur-Usb-A-Male-Micro-Usb-B-Male-StarTech-Neuf-/300981212261
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTECH-COM-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-TO-MICRO-USB-B-ADAP-/281242748417
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-com-USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-GCUSBAMBM-/191012137858
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-com-USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-GCUSBAMBM-/290989463285
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTECH-COM-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-TO-USB-B-CABLE-ADAPTER-M-M-/310839671120
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTECH-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-TO-MICRO-USB-B-ADAP-MALE-TO-MALE-/400472858720
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adattatore-Cavo-USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Maschio-Maschio-StarTech-/290986830521
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-NEW-/121182968747
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-NEW-/290982102773
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-NEW-/300951600359
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Startech-Gcusbambm-Usb-To-Micro-Usb-Cable-Adapter-Male-Male-/350800691975
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-A-Type-Male-to-Micro-B-Male-Adapter-CablesOnline-AD-U23-/291042440782
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-to-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-USB-adapter-/370968877850
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STARTECH-ADAPTOR-USB-A-TO-MICRO-USB-B-ADAPTOR-M-TO-M-GCUSBAMBM-/331039840526
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-/290961978990
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adaptador-De-Cable-StarTech-USB-A-a-Micro-USB-B-Macho-a-Macho-Nuevo-/300978059925
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-USB-A-to-USB-B-Cable-Adaptor-USB-Adaptor-4-pin-USB-Type-A-M-/321218650643
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-com-USB-A-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adap-Male-Male-1xA-Male-1xMicro-B-Male-/231126168403
http://www.ebay.com/itm/StarTech-GCUSBAMBM-USB-A-to-Micro-USB-B-Cable-Adapter-Male-to-Male-Black-/331041877698
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Startech-com-Usb-To-Micro-Usb-Adapter-Type-A-Male-Usb-To-Micro-gcusbambm-/331080332795

Generic ones similar to Startech GCUSBAMBM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-Male-to-Micro-5-Pin-Male-Adapter-Converter-/360700076560
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-Male-To-Micro-B-Male-Adapter-Adaptor-connector-converter-/261236541614
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Type-A-Male-to-Micro-USB-Type-B-Male-Adapter-Connector-M-M-Plug-Charger-/321285831164
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PCS-USB-2-0-Type-A-Male-To-Micro-B-Male-Adapter-Adaptor-connector-converter-/251142995967
http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-PCS-USB-2-0-Type-A-Male-To-Micro-B-Male-Adapter-Adaptor-connector-converter-/251343514855

More with special angles

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=15902665091

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-Converter-Male-Type-A-/260826366290
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-x-USB-2-0-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-Converter-Male-Type-A-/250863814145
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-USB-2-0-to-Micro-USB-Adapter-Converter-Male-Type-A-/190804476790
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-USB-Adapter-with-Type-A-Male-to-Micro-A-Male-90-Degree-Plug-/150722126435
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-USB-Adapter-with-Type-A-Male-to-Micro-A-Male-90-Degree-Plug-/160993617305
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-Cu3-/140998994201
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-T1K-/360678349839
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-F8s-/370836782100
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-LS4G-/130960777850
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-E0Xc-/161053527015
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-v-h9-/321228216601
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UN3F-USB-2-0-Type-A-to-Micro-USB-Male-Adapter-Converter-360-Rotation-Extension-/271291995998

 

I take it this is a short list? :wink_face:

post #3004 of 6283

cheers SeeTeeYou :beerchug:

post #3005 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

Hmmmm... what intrigues me about that is that (unless I have misinterpreted) ClearAudio is going in the opposite direction to the 'crossfeed' feature of some amps (e.g. SPL Phonitor), which is intended to make headphone listening more realistic.

 

So which is the most realistic? LOL

 

That's a really strange contradiction in approaches, with both, supposedly, aiming at a more realistic headphone listening experience.

 

Thanks AW and Mython for the info.

 

So can one not slide the Clear Audio + slider on the ZX1 to the left? Or does it not work like that? I'm still struggling to understand if this feature can be used to lower bass levels (seems not?)

 

re Crossfeed - I've always thought that this feature doesn't really make a recording sound 'more realistic', but is simply a way to narrow the stereo width. Can be very useful for old stereo recordings. CA+ on the otherhand seems to be aimed at enhancing the perceived soundstage, adding emphasis to S (if one thinks of an M+S meter) and transient harmonics (>10kHz).

 

Going back to original point, maybe users who have reported a lower SQ in using third party apps still have the CA+/built-in EQ turned on, which, from AudioWood's comments, would likely degrade SQ.

 

I'm leaning towards using poweramp. Need to buy the darn hardware thing first...

post #3006 of 6283

When playing in album mode, after playing the last song of the album, is there a way to move on to the next album automatically? Right now it seems to just stop or repeats the first song of the album again.

post #3007 of 6283

Guys, what is the current going rate for a ZX1 either from PriceJapan or else where?  I just got word from HK that the ZX1 will be offically released in HK mid-Feb, with a MSRP of $5680 HKD or $732.46 USD with the current conversion rate.

 

Source: http://www.eprice.com.hk/nb/talk/1142/2881/

post #3008 of 6283
post #3009 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post
 

Guys, what is the current going rate for a ZX1 either from PriceJapan or else where?  I just got word from HK that the ZX1 will be offically released in HK mid-Feb, with a MSRP of $5680 HKD or $732.46 USD with the current conversion rate.

 

Source: http://www.eprice.com.hk/nb/talk/1142/2881/


Price Japan 'Price to USA / Canada' showed a week ago USD 745, today its 781.Still dont see a US release as Europe/Asia has already announced it.

post #3010 of 6283

Hey guys, just got the PHA2 and sound is definitely improved over ZX1 , works out of the box for me.

A bit less bass thump, but in a good way + everything else is better, most noticeably soundstage and depth.So expansive:))

 

I have a question, does anyone have a link to an English Manual, i don't think there is one?

It seems i cant charge and play at the same time which is a shame considering the relatively short battery life.

 

post #3011 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyChewingGum View Post
 

 

So can one not slide the Clear Audio + slider on the ZX1 to the left? Or does it not work like that? I'm still struggling to understand if this feature can be used to lower bass levels (seems not?)

 

 

I haven't got my ZX1 to hand but if memory serves me right 'Clear Audio' can not be altered in the settings, once you chose the Clear-Audio setting that's it.

 

If you want to equalize you have to turn Clear-Audio off by un-ticking the box.

post #3012 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundblast75 View Post
 

I have a question, does anyone have a link to an English Manual, i don't think there is one?

 

I used the PHA-1 manual (Sony-USA)... there's a link in the PHA-2 thread along with a link for the Drivers for Windows (Sony-Asia), hth.

post #3013 of 6283

Thanks Seetoyou, that's an awesome list.

post #3014 of 6283

Has the output impedance finally been confirmed? Browsed through a ton of pages in this thread, but could´t find it. It´s so odd this specification isn´t openly mentioned by some (most) manufactures especially since it´s so critical with IEMs...

post #3015 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyChewingGum View Post
 

 

So can one not slide the Clear Audio + slider on the ZX1 to the left? Or does it not work like that? I'm still struggling to understand if this feature can be used to lower bass levels (seems not?)

 

You are right, the clear audio+ cannot reduce bass, in fact it enhance it quite substantially and one cannot adjust the bass in the EQ when CA+ is on as it automatically grey out the "sound setting option" The only way is to use 3rd party apps with CA+ on and adjust bass level down, but then the vocal range suffer very badly - so that's really not a good alternative.

 

Also I tried to played around with the EQ to get to the same level as Clear audio + without actually turning on Clear audio+ , it works for most part with reduce bass but I just can't get the same sound stage with EQ as clear audio +. There is an option call the "surround sound" but I didn't like what I heard with any of them (Studio, Club, Conert hall etcc..) with the EQ.

 

The last option is to use poweramp EQ (and turn off all Sony EQ). In Power amp EQ, I can turn down the bass via EQ (more band than stock to play with) and then adjust the sound stage via Stereo X dial and the SRS/D effects. That sq is pretty close to clear audio+ , not exactly the same but this is the closet I can get.

 

Would you consider using a diff headphone with a lesser bass effect? What Headphones do you intend to use, maybe we can help here to get the same sound quality as your current headphone but with a lesser bass

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model