Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 179

post #2671 of 6608
Well have been reading most of this thread and all I can say is I just can't wait ^_^ ! Have been bouncing back and forth on whether to pick up a ZX1 and from most of the impressions from people who already have one in hand it seems like a wise choice for a standalone DAP. Managed to snag the last one in stock on PJ on New Years eve and have already received my tracking #. Great service BTW, was hesitant to order through them at first but have been very happy that I did, for anyone else on the fence about using them. biggrin.gif

@rawrster was curious if you have paired the 1964 Ears V6 Stage with the ZX1 yet? I will be receiving my pair of the V6 S hopefully by the middle of the month! And was wondering what your impressions might be by using this combo? Thanks in advance!
post #2672 of 6608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Is that the same as the 901 line out?
Do you mean voltage? I find the 901 power to be higher than other lineout. Most amps don't seem to notice it (maybe some kind of voltage protector?) but in a recent amp review that didn't there was high distortion from the 901 lineout.

The ZX1 otoh as I just found out 2 hrs ago seems lower than usual.
post #2673 of 6608
Is the connector the same?
post #2674 of 6608
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERMANtheSMASHE View Post

Well have been reading most of this thread and all I can say is I just can't wait ^_^ ! Have been bouncing back and forth on whether to pick up a ZX1 and from most of the impressions from people who already have one in hand it seems like a wise choice for a standalone DAP. Managed to snag the last one in stock on PJ on New Years eve and have already received my tracking #. Great service BTW, was hesitant to order through them at first but have been very happy that I did, for anyone else on the fence about using them. biggrin.gif

@rawrster was curious if you have paired the 1964 Ears V6 Stage with the ZX1 yet? I will be receiving my pair of the V6 S hopefully by the middle of the month! And was wondering what your impressions might be by using this combo? Thanks in advance!


I am the one before you lol, there were 2 left when I place my order..

post #2675 of 6608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Is the connector the same?
Oh no. I think the Hifiman proprietary is different from the WMport proprietary.
post #2676 of 6608
Ok, thanks.
post #2677 of 6608
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

Is that the same as the 901 line out

The line out is not affected by volume control by any means, unlike the AK100 & iBasso DX-50.  

 

 

See Anak's posted above.  


Edited by purk - 1/2/14 at 11:38pm
post #2678 of 6608
From the Japanese website it does seem to imply that the headphone section is driven by digital amp. Also they state that it uses 4 Sanyo electric OS-Cons (solid aluminum caps) 2 per channel (one for + and another for -). Does this change things or is marketing hype?

No expert in portable amps but stationary d class amps can punch well above its weight the only problem was noise from the switching ps....
post #2679 of 6608
Quote:
Originally Posted by HERMANtheSMASHE View Post

 was curious if you have paired the 1964 Ears V6 Stage with the ZX1 yet? I will be receiving my pair of the V6 S hopefully by the middle of the month! And was wondering what your impressions might be by using this combo? Thanks in advance!

 

My V6 Stage are actually at 1964 Ears for a refit so definitely won't have anything for a few weeks. 

 

As far as the ZX1 is concerned I really like it. I do wish i could delete some of the apps I don't need or at least hide it from being selected. I really like the side buttons on the ZX1. It's definitely nice being able to change songs/volume without having the dap in front of me. It's a change from my Fiio X3 where the first press turns the screen on and then I change the song or volume. The 128gb of space is a nice change. It allows me to put a lot more music than I'm used to as my X3 has a 64gb card in it. 

post #2680 of 6608
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

 

As far as the ZX1 is concerned I really like it. I do wish i could delete some of the apps I don't need or at least hide it from being selected.

 

If you keep your finger depressed on a icon the recycle bin will appear at bottom left hand corner, drag the icon to the bin and its gone.

post #2681 of 6608
Lol holy **** I'm just messing around with some xba-10c I bought in Japan because going to gift them to a friend and clear audio + makes them sound way better, even though I generally despise v shaped sound sigs...but with ES5 I think it makes them sound much worse lol, I want to try with ksc 75 when I return home.

I cant get xba to seal my right ear canal... I hate universals, or rather my right ear does.... -_-
post #2682 of 6608

the clear audio+ has a nice bass extension but i dont know.....sounds a little digital/fake to me....

post #2683 of 6608
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

If you keep your finger depressed on a icon the recycle bin will appear at bottom left hand corner, drag the icon to the bin and its gone.

Ah I did not know that. On my phone there's an option to just hide it but I'll definitely delete some of the apps that I'll never use. Thanks!

post #2684 of 6608

My ZX1s are in customs... hurry up!!! xD

post #2685 of 6608
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post
 

My ZX1s are in customs... hurry up!!! xD

 

Mine just got shipped. Wasn't expecting that early due to back order, but guess I got the last unit... some good karma here :)

 

I am going to post some nice pic of it.

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model