or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 157

post #2341 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post



I am sorry to make all so confuse here
I will post more picture about my lod , Sony WM ZX 1 can use only with hi rest stock cable
Can not connect to USB in Sony PHA 2 and can not through micro USB dac

Thanks Rudi that'll be great. Well I guess you can't win them all.

post #2342 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Thanks Rudi that'll be great. Well I guess you can't win them all.

Thank you
You are right I can not win them all

Below are the cable for Sony WM ZX 1 and Sony PHA 2 :

On top : Hi Res Cable

WM ZX 1 to PHA 2 as hi res dap amp set up

Note : is the only connection between WM ZX 1 and PHA 2

In the middle : lod to lightning and

Between PHA 2 to iPod 5 or iPhone 5 or 5s or iPad 4 and iPad air

In the middle below : lod to USB

Between PHA 2 to iPod old gen with lod 30 pin

Note : this function normal from I device to PHA 2

Bottom : USB DAC and USB to micro USB

Between Sony PHA 2 as USB dac to PC or Mac

Note : I can NOT use these as connector between WM ZX 1 to PHA 2


Edited by rudi0504 - 12/23/13 at 9:58am
post #2343 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Thank you
You are right I can not win them all

Below are the cable for Sony WM ZX 1 and Sony PHA 2 :

On top : Hi Res Cable

WM ZX 1 to PHA 2 as hi res dap amp set up

In the middle : lod to lightning and

Between PHA 2 to iPod 5 or iPhone 5 or 5s or iPad 4 and iPad air

In the middle below : lod to USB

Between PHA 2 to iPod old gen with lod 30 pin

Bottom : USB DAC and USB to micro USB

Between Sony PHA 2 as USB dac to PC or Mac
 

 

Thanks, I'll make it a point to talk to you if I ever purchase both.

post #2344 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

Thanks, I'll make it a point to talk to you if I ever purchase both.

You are welcome
post #2345 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
 

So is it expected to stay in Japan and not come to the US?

 

The 2014 Consumer Electronics Show is nearly upon us; perhaps Sony will offer details about the ZX1's North American availability.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Yesterday I have tried the sony combo like below :

Source : Sony WM ZX 1as transport
Dac / Amp : Sony PHA 2 as pure DAC through line out
Amp : ALO RX 3 B
Headphone : Abyss 1266

Below picture I use as source : iPhone 4s with sony PHA 2 > ALO RX 3 B > Abyss 1266 headphone

 

Oh, my goodness, Rudi! The Abyss 1266 is U.S. $5,000--the most expensive in the world! I love you, brother, but you're crazy! :blink:

post #2346 of 7455

damn I want me a chamois with a serrated edge, that looks sooo sexy... Rudi do you know when the updated round-edge version is out?... I  may hang fire for that if it's a marked improvement.... can hardly wait for your review ;-)

post #2347 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarr112281 View Post

The 2014 Consumer Electronics Show is nearly upon us; perhaps Sony will offer details about the ZX1's North American availability.


Oh, my goodness, Rudi! The Abyss 1266 is U.S. $5,000--the most expensive in the world! I love you, brother, but you're crazy! blink.gif

Thank you
Yes you are right , I am a bit crazy for audio biggrin.gif
Please don't follow my way to thread audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

damn I want me a chamois with a serrated edge, that looks sooo sexy... Rudi do you know when the updated round-edge version is out?... I  may hang fire for that if it's a marked improvement.... can hardly wait for your review ;-)

Hi OK-Guy
I am sorry I don't really understand your question ;:
when the updated round-edge version is out?... I  may hang fire for that if it's a marked improvement?
post #2348 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

damn I want me a chamois with a serrated edge, that looks sooo sexy...

 

Right here dude Guy:

post #2349 of 7455

it was a joke Rudi.

post #2350 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post


Thank you
Yes you are right , I am a bit crazy for audio biggrin.gif

 Even if one wanted to follow your trail, one would be so poor, we'd have to beg for food. I have never seen someone with so much hardware, you are everyone's envy. That beg the question, how big is your room containing all of that hardware? Do you have dedicated room(s) for that?

 

Hey all I think this is Rudi audio/video control room:  :eek:   :biggrin:

 

post #2351 of 7455

For kicks, I think I may review all of my Sony DAPs...  HD5, A818, A865, X1060, Z1060...

 

Trouble is, the Z sounds very syrupy compared to my Galaxy Note 3, so doesn't bode well...

 

On the bright side [pun intended], if I'm reading correctly, the ZX1 is brighter / cleaner sounding than the Z??

post #2352 of 7455

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how customisable is the EQ? Can you change the number of bands, the frequency centres, the 'Q' width???

I'm one of those philistines who has to have a good EQ.

post #2353 of 7455

Hey Mim,

 

You are entering into my brain by saying ZX1 is very good with SE5way, it even rivals the HM901 and TP, so I accept it as, ZX1 is powerful enough? I am not talking about just making them loud, what I mean is, driving them properly.

 

It would be nice to have your comparison between ZX1 and X5, of course, once you get the X5.

post #2354 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyChewingGum View Post
 

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how customisable is the EQ? Can you change the number of bands, the frequency centres, the 'Q' width???

I'm one of those philistines who has to have a good EQ.


no you can't move the EQ frequency and it's on the usual sony points, but it's an android dap so you can add whatever app you like and go crazy.

post #2355 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

Right here dude Guy:


Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post

it was a joke Rudi.

Hahaha it's o k
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post

 Even if one wanted to follow your trail, one would be so poor, we'd have to beg for food. I have never seen someone with so much hardware, you are everyone's envy. That beg the question, how big is your room containing all of that hardware? Do you have dedicated room(s) for that?

Hey all I think this is Rudi audio/video control room:  eek.gif    biggrin.gif



I put all my headphones and iems in dry box for photography equipment
And store my Amps in pelican case to avoid humanity and dust .
Portable rigs are so small , they need not so big room like your picture biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model