Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 16

post #226 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post
 

 

You're probably right. Out of the four Sony DAPs I've owned, only one of them has received a firmware update while I owned it....everything just plain works right out of the gate, just like my Apple players have.

 

 

The Z has had at least 3 that I can think of, but yes, Sony Walkmans (Android or not) tend to just work out of the box. They're not reinventing the wheel (and one of the reasons why standardizing the platform has been good).

post #227 of 5938
Thanks Mython for the explanation.
post #228 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderP View Post
 

 

 

The Z has had at least 3 that I can think of, but yes, Sony Walkmans (Android or not) tend to just work out of the box. They're not reinventing the wheel (and one of the reasons why standardizing the platform has been good).

 

That's something I didn't consider in my account....none of mine have been the Android-equipped models. I've had the S545, E345, S639, A867, and now an S639 again.

post #229 of 5938

Then just put something there to make it plat, after all the upper part is only 9.2 mm thick. Besides, i heard of that component, dedicated to make the back flat,.will be released along.

post #230 of 5938

You are being delicately blind. Decisive component are packed in the convex bottom part of the ZX1.

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/lineup/zx1/

post #231 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHu View Post
 

You are being delicately blind. Decisive component are packed in the convex bottom part of the ZX1.

http://www.sony.jp/walkman/lineup/zx1/

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHu View Post
 

Then just put something there to make it plat, after all the upper part is only 9.2 mm thick. Besides, i heard of that component, dedicated to make the back flat,.will be released along.

 

 

:confused_face_2:

post #232 of 5938

There's finally a hands on video of this thing

 

post #233 of 5938
Given the ZX1's design, I doubt the battery is replaceable, even by the manufacturer. frown.gifmad.gif
post #234 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarr112281 View Post

Given the ZX1's design, I doubt the battery is replaceable, even by the manufacturer. frown.gifmad.gif

 

Sony - maybe. You - nope.

post #235 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

There's finally a hands on video of this thing

Slightly updated Android skin, but otherwise looks to be nearly the same as the Z and F.

post #236 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

There's finally a hands on video of this thing

 

 

lol....it's look alike with my xperia z hp~

post #237 of 5938
Quote:
Originally Posted by doki81 View Post
 

 

lol....it's look alike with my xperia z hp~

 

And that is probably a good thing.  I can only wish the DX50 will operate like that.  Same can be said with the AK120, 100, and DX100.  Sony Andriod DAPs all have excellent software integration & UI.

post #238 of 5938

Yeah, gotta say I love the Sony music players and implementation.  Kinda lame to admit but I kind of like their graphic effects and the mode where all the albums are tossed across like records heh.  Should be pretty amazing.....had the wife translate most of the pages to me talking about the amp/power separations for each channel, 1 piece aluminum forged body with the brass headphone jack being 1 piece also to reduce harmonics etc, thicker gauge wiring where needed.....seems like they pulled out all the stops on this one.  Should be extremely interesting to how it sounds.

post #239 of 5938

wait does the zx1 have a line out?

post #240 of 5938

Looks like the same as previous walkmans, where you connect a WM port cable to it as the line out....you can get them from ebay etc:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Walkman-MP3-Player-Line-Out-LOD-Interconnect-Cable-To-Headphone-Amplifier-/281103899579?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item4173191bbb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOD-Sony-Walkman-MP3-Player-Line-out-Dock-To-3-5mm-Plug-/170683121052?pt=US_MP3_Player_Chargers_Cradles&hash=item27bd81bd9c

 

I have those 2 and it seems to work pretty well.  There doesn't seem to be a dedicated line out port though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model