Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 144

post #2146 of 6283

Some pics of the ZX1 with the FA4s. The more I listen on this rig the more I like it. I can't really pick any faults with either piece. Neither is too cold, analytical, or harsh. The ZX1 is described as on the cold side, but I don't really hear it that way. It doesn't really have a blatant signature of any kind... Just clear, neutral, spacious. And with better low end impact than my F807. 

 

 

post #2147 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

Some pics of the ZX1 with the FA4s. The more I listen on this rig the more I like it. I can't really pick any faults with either piece. Neither is too cold, analytical, or harsh. The ZX1 is described as on the cold side, but I don't really hear it that way. It doesn't really have a blatant signature of any kind... Just clear, neutral, spacious. And with better low end impact than my F807. 




Nice rig, great ViaBlue connector not to mention iems. It seems the impression is very consistent with every ZX1 owner however what I find confusing to me is the use of neutral when it's being described as better low end and clear which two characteristics that seem to indicate a slight tilt on the low and upper ends. Not a characteristic I mind however it would indicate a slight mid recess because of the slight boosted ends. Let me know if I am wrong about the perceived impression.
post #2148 of 6283

Update on pricejapan. I think I should be in for the second batch

 

Quote:
 2nd batch will be shipped out on Dec 23,24 to the customers who ordered ZX1 till Dec 12
post #2149 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


yaar,u are missing the point here.

 

if we want to say its a value then u need to compare this to dx 50 and fiio x3 atleast.

sony one costs 750$ but comes with way way more features than dx 50 and x3 so the price and feature ratio balances out wrt to x3 and dx 50.

 

i won't say comparisons with a bit cheaper colorfly c4 as that thing can do nothing but play music so an unfair comparison.

 

 

but needless to say i am thrilled that sony zx1 has made ppl happy!!

 

buggy devices have 'no value' whatsoever in this household... a point you may of overlooked completely when you inserted 'we' into the conversation.

 

if people want to save on cost I'd heartily recommend the F886/7, F806/7 & Z1060/70 but only if you want a bug free device... otherwise the world's your oyster, fill your boots with the DAP of your choice. 

 

CN11 & globiboulga glad you like your ZX1's, keep those thoughts coming.


Edited by OK-Guy - 12/19/13 at 2:56am
post #2150 of 6283

well i had the f806 and it certaintly was buggy it struggled to handle 3rd party apps and was slow and lagged a hell of a lot especially when wifi was connected,the bigger processor in the 886 has maded it snappier,but its far from the finished product!!looking forward to see how they improve the next batch!


Edited by cattlethief - 12/19/13 at 3:14am
post #2151 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK-Guy View Post
 

 

buggy devices have 'no value' whatsoever in this household... a point you may of overlooked completely when you inserted 'we' into the conversation.

 

if people want to save on cost I'd heartily recommend the F886/7, F806/7 & Z1060/70 but only if you want a bug free device... otherwise the world's your oyster, fill your boots with the DAP of your choice. 

 

CN11 & globiboulga glad you like your ZX1's, keep those thoughts coming.

 

Let's put it this way: sometime you put down some money and you're disappointed by what you get. I did that with a Cowon D3. The player was buggy, slow and a chore to use on a day to day basis. I just did not like the fact I was treated as a beta tester, irrespective of the amount of money I paid - and it wasn't cheap. The same can happen when you put down a significant sum of money (which $ value depends on you, not a set amount) and it just does not sound 'better' or 'different' and you're turning around and you're disappointed. This is something people here would know: being a dap / portable music enthusiast can have serious effects on your finances and have you acting like an inconsiderate gambling addict forced to spend an overnight stop in Las Vegas and his back from a rehab stint in Salt Lake City.

 

You can only make comments on that based on the DAP you have already and the ZX1 is significantly better than both my F800 series and the Cowon J3 (to me).

 

All I care to say is that it does not happen with the ZX1. I'm not looking to be fair or unfair: anyone who buys the ZX1 will have a made a great purchase. I can't fault mine other than for questionable annoyances, which are software based (for example, the fact that the player stops once folder contents are played, which is a problem for me since I've arranged all my music library in a folder tree or the fact that the stock Sony player requires the music to be in the "Music" folder to get access to the folder view).

post #2152 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlethief View Post
 

well i had the f806 and it certaintly was buggy it struggled to handle 3rd party apps and was slow and lagged a hell of a lot especially when wifi was connected,the bigger processor in the 886 has maded it snappier,but its far from the finished product!!looking forward to see how they improve the next batch!

 

in truth, I've never put any 3rd-party apps' on any of my Walkman's so I've never encountered any problems... I'm happy with the stock-player.

 

best to point out I only use my DAP's as music-players... everything else is wasted on me.


Edited by OK-Guy - 12/19/13 at 3:34am
post #2153 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicheaven View Post


Nice rig, great ViaBlue connector not to mention iems. It seems the impression is very consistent with every ZX1 owner however what I find confusing to me is the use of neutral when it's being described as better low end and clear which two characteristics that seem to indicate a slight tilt on the low and upper ends. Not a characteristic I mind however it would indicate a slight mid recess because of the slight boosted ends. Let me know if I am wrong about the perceived impression.

 

I'll try to explain what I'm hearing... Regarding the bass boost, to me, it seems deeper and more impactful than my F807 for sure. But it's more present in the lowest extension, not the mid-bass area, so it's not interfering with the mids in the least. With the midrange, I hear it as nicely present and not recessed at all. If anything, vocals have a more natural tone to them than the older F. I think what's going on is that with good recordings there's more space around the mids in the rest of the range, so you get this sense that things are more 'spread out' around it, maybe?? By contrast, the F807 has a more constrained sense of space so the bass, mids, and treble are sort of tighter together. The mids on the ZX1 aren't further away from the listener, I don't think, at all. Treble also has a touch more clarity and definition... again here there is more space around the notes (triangles, cymbals, etc) which gives that tactile sense of blackness between them. Here there's no false boost either, it's natural and in line with the rest of the range. 


Edited by cn11 - 12/19/13 at 5:17am
post #2154 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


hmm,have u got any views on colorfly c3??

 

is it a substantial upgrade over clip+??

 

sorry,short of money to get something better:biggrin: 

walkman e474 is a downgrade from clip+ actually:(

Your best bet would indeed be the x3. I would've said the Z, but you've already heard that.
You're in India?

post #2155 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
 

Your best bet would indeed be the x3. I would've said the Z, but you've already heard that.
You're in India?


yup,india it is

post #2156 of 6283

problem with x3 is weight and an amp that i really don't need

post #2157 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 

problem with x3 is weight and an amp that i really don't need

Then the Z. If you don't mind a somewhat neutral sound signature, go for the old Walkman F.

post #2158 of 6283

I was wondering is any ZX1 early adopters have paired their new DAP with their TU-05 or TUR-06?  I know, at least, AnakChan has one, and maybe others?

post #2159 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicko View Post
 

Then the Z. If you don't mind a somewhat neutral sound signature, go for the old Walkman F.


man they are way too costly here right now

 

i have a max of 200$ to spare,,thats max

 

i have got brainwavz m3,walkman e474,a new clip+ and gr07 mk2 in 3 months!!

virtually bankrupt.

 

colorfly c3 is cheapest option at 120$ including shipping and all

post #2160 of 6283
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


man they are way too costly here right now

 

i have a max of 200$ to spare,,thats max

 

i have got brainwavz m3,walkman e474,a new clip+ and gr07 mk2 in 3 months!!

virtually bankrupt.

 

colorfly c3 is cheapest option at 120$ including shipping and all

Most people don't like the colorfly. Read quite a lot of negative reviews about it.
You could also get a fiio amp and pair it with the clip+. Won't add a lot of weight.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model