or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 115

post #1711 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

Size comparison:





 



Apex Glacier working with the ZX1 thru USB, all rates.



 



 




 



Can you check if you can connect a powered USB harddrive or a sdcard through that cable? It would be a great way to boost size capacity....
post #1712 of 7455
Hey guys, does it come with the USB out cable or do I need to buy it , sorry if it's been mentioned already,
AnakChan said headphone out equally good if I'm not wrong too.

Also, how do I firmware upgrade it, has Sony got a page for that yet?
Will be posting my impressions by tomorrow I hope, especially compared to AK100 which is what I use at the mo;)
post #1713 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post
 

Size comparison:

 

 

 

 

Apex Glacier working with the ZX1 thru USB, all rates.

 

 

 

 

 

 



Can you check if you can connect a powered USB harddrive or a sdcard through that cable? It would be a great way to boost size capacity....

Not working.

post #1714 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

My ZX1 has about four hours on it now. A few thoughts.

-Initially I found its sound comparable to the iPhone 5s out, using the akg 3003i. (which is not a bad thing). I went back and forth between both several times and finally decided the Sony won by a small margin.
-having physical buttons for pause, play, volume and ff/r is now essential to me. (the Tera dropped the ball not offering pause, I now use pause all the time).
-the player is sexy as hell.
-whomever designed the accompanying case should probably be fired. No button access?!?

And then I turned on Clear Audio+.

Wow. I usually say 'headstage' when discussing headphones, but with Clear Audio + on, it is that much closer to a speaker experience. There is definitely a volume boost, and I have gone back and forth with CA on/off with volume adjustments. No matter the volume, without Clear Audio+ on, after having listened to it, I can not go back to not using it. Anak & Mim, have you tried it?? I would be very interested in your impressions. The only downside for me so far is a questionable loss of midrange presence, but I need more time to test.

The th900 directly out of the zx1 is more than impressive. It's overall performance approaches what I have with my iOS/m8/tu-05 combo. (but only with Clear Audio+ on).

I have a WM line out cable on the way so I can use the ZX1 as source for the tu-05 and will report back. But in the meantime, with both the 3003 and the th900, the ZX1 does a phenomenal job.

Thanks. Looks like a winner. Having those buttons is a big plus. I wonder how the Ipod touch would compare. Of course Highest Def is out so the Sony has that advantage plus more storage but Sony made a point of eliminating certain things from this model to keep it cleaner. The same sort of things not in a Touch which also has a lower output impedance than the 5s. That said, the extra storage, HiDef and buttons is enough to set it apart even at a premium. Yours may also still improve. I'm personally less interested in the sound altering circuits but they seem well sorted for those that like that type of thing.


Edited by goodvibes - 12/12/13 at 3:52am
post #1715 of 7455

So basically, USB OTG external storage is a no. But USB OTG audio should work with most USB DAC ,e.g. Apex Glacier

Has anyone used the LOD to connect to desktop amp to see how good the Line out is?

 

This DAP looks interesting.... I may wait for the local release as long as it is "made in Japan"...

post #1716 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicHolyGhost View Post
 

So basically, USB OTG external storage is a no. But USB OTG audio should work with most USB DAC ,e.g. Apex Glacier

Has anyone used the LOD to connect to desktop amp to see how good the Line out is?

 

This DAP looks interesting.... I may wait for the local release as long as it is "made in Japan"...

 

It actually says "Made in Malaysia".

post #1717 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
 

 

It actually says "Made in Malaysia".

:tongue_smile:oh well.......................... thanks for the info nonetheless...

post #1718 of 7455

Mimouille,



This is my success story with rodents in my area. Hope you score too, soon.



 







 





 

post #1719 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

Thanks. Looks like a winner. Having those buttons is a big plus. I wonder how the Ipod touch would compare. Of course Highest Def is out so the Sony has that advantage plus more storage but Sony made a point of eliminating certain things from this model to keep it cleaner. The same sort of things not in a Touch which also has a lower output impedance than the 5s. That said, the extra storage, HiDef and buttons is enough to set it apart even at a premium. Yours may also still improve. I'm personally less interested in the sound altering circuits but they seem well sorted for those that like that type of thing.

 

Hope i did not see wrongly, but he just said the ZX1 won the iphone 5s by a small margin... is that still considered a winner? Since i consider iphone's SQ only average...

post #1720 of 7455
ZX1 beat the iphone 5S by a "small margin"...? If that's true, what a shame for Sony...
post #1721 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabatar View Post

Got mine from Kaneda (The awesome vendor PJ) just an hour ago. I like it quite a bit but one issue I no like ;( The panel of sound control (on the settings' list) still interferes in the sound when I use PowerAmp. In other words, when I play music through PowerAmp and set the EQ to my liking, this dose not supersede the functionality of the master sound control of the player. This makes it complex and I'm technically challenged big time. 
Can you confirm if the control buttons on the side can control playback with third party apps like poweramp?
post #1722 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Did she manage to pick up the USB cable and screen protector too? I hope she did.

Yes she did for me Sean

Thank you for your suggestion and I bought Sony PHA 2 and Sony XBA H3 as well
post #1723 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecala View Post

Mimouille,



This is my success story with rodents in my area. Hope you score too, soon.

Thanks....but mine is twice this size...and apparently super smart.
post #1724 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post


Thanks....but mine is twice this size...and apparently super smart.


I don't have any images of rats I've caught only small fry. If I had 3 of the Rats I have caught I would have had a great BBQ.:tongue_smile:

post #1725 of 7455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiAki View Post

ZX1 beat the iphone 5S by a "small margin"...? If that's true, what a shame for Sony...

I wonder if its because K3003 needs more power???

A nice comparison would be with something in a mid-range IEM maybe Westone 4R or EX1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecala View Post
 


I don't have any images of rats I've caught only small fry. If I had 3 of the Rats I have caught I would have had a great BBQ.:tongue_smile:

Maybe we can use the ZX-1 to lure in some rats.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model