or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model - Page 92

post #1366 of 7502

ZX1 has been rooted!

http://cubeundcube.blogspot.com/2013/12/sony-walkman-nw-zx1root.html

post #1367 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by prathan View Post
 

ZX1 has been rooted!

http://cubeundcube.blogspot.com/2013/12/sony-walkman-nw-zx1root.html

 

It was utterly inevitable! LOL

 

That's Android for ya....

post #1368 of 7502
^ The Sony is by far the sexiest, as far as looks are concerned.
post #1369 of 7502

What is the merit of rooted device?

Is sound improved?

post #1370 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by prathan View Post
 

What is the merit of rooted device?

Is sound improved?

No, its not related to sound.

 

Rooting android is taking full control of your OS, so you can install anything, or even install other android versions (cyanogen, liquid motion...etc) for example.


Edited by turokrocks - 12/7/13 at 5:46am
post #1371 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post
 

No, its not related to sound.

 

Rooting android is taking full control of your OS, so you can install anything, or even install other android versions (cyanogen, liquid motion...etc) for example.

Thanks.

So I won't hack my ZX1.

post #1372 of 7502
Wondering if someone will rip out the music software and bundle it in a package to have it run on custom kitkat upgrade. Or even have it run on non-sony devices
post #1373 of 7502
So who has listened? Any early impressions?
post #1374 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

^ The Sony is by far the sexiest, as far as looks are concerned.

 

haha that would be subjective, to me the AK still looks the sexiest and classiest.

the Sony just looks like a bulkier smart phone.

post #1375 of 7502
I am very happy today my daughter bought for me from bic camera Tokyo Japan my Sony WMZ - ZX 1

Out the box pictures :



post #1376 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post
 

No, its not related to sound.

 

Rooting android is taking full control of your OS, so you can install anything, or even install other android versions (cyanogen, liquid motion...etc) for example.

 

Or uninstall anything that's useless that may slow down the OS. I'm guessing that it won't be stock Android but at the same time can't imagine what Sony would be running on the ZX1. Maybe existing Z10x0 owners can tell what else runs on the OS? I know on the DX100, there were a few unused daemons one could freeze after rooting.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

I am very happy today my daughter bought for me from bic camera Tokyo Japan my Sony WMZ - ZX 1

Out the box pictures :
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

Congrats. When is she flying back to pass it back to you?

post #1377 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

I am very happy today my daughter bought for me from bic camera Tokyo Japan my Sony WMZ - ZX 1

Out the box pictures :
Congratulations Rudi...I should receive mine soon too smily_headphones1.gif hope you enjoy it.
post #1378 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanter View Post
 

 

haha that would be subjective, to me the AK still looks the sexiest and classiest.

the Sony just looks like a bulkier smart phone.

 

Kudos to the AK team for such originality in design.

 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #1379 of 7502

Congrats.

How is the size of the box and weight?

post #1380 of 7502
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

Or uninstall anything that's useless that may slow down the OS. I'm guessing that it won't be stock Android but at the same time can't imagine what Sony would be running on the ZX1. Maybe existing Z10x0 owners can tell what else runs on the OS? I know on the DX100, there were a few unused daemons one could freeze after rooting.


Congrats. When is she flying back to pass it back to you?

Thank you Sean
On 12 December my daughter flying back to Indonesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

Congratulations Rudi...I should receive mine soon too smily_headphones1.gif hope you enjoy it.

Thank you Michael
My daughter had tried with hi res audio function sound so good biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model