- 12 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productShure SE215 Special Editiontagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Confused with Shure SE215... Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear earphones for rock and classical music, around $150 Last post on 6/18/12 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM $100-$200 Last post on 6/13/12 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CX980, SE215, Turbine, Westone 1, UE700... Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Best IEMs Under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I started my sonic search as you did. I think the best at that price is Shure 215ltd. It has the extended bass and of the entire Shure line up is the best bargain. It also has strong replaceable cables that you can use at the gym or traveling with little fear of breakage. The sound is turned quite good for your type of music.
The high end is what I remember about the SE215. Namely, they are not very sparkly at all. This is probably a deal breaker for some, but for me, I have a very small tolerance for sparkliness. I sold my Sennheiser HD25-1 ii due to their harshness and sibilance. These I find are not very bright at all, which makes it easier for me to listen to music for longer periods of time On the downside, music doesn't seem as lively on the top end. Cymbals and other percussion instruments don't seem that lively and kind of take a backseat to the low and mid range.
Edited by decrea - 9/8/13 at 10:05am
I think the GR07 MKII might be your best bet. You can find them for $130 on lendmeurears or $180 on Amazon. The TDK BA200, RE400 are other good options in the price range. I have the ER4P for sale as well ($250 new, sale for $215 atm) and might be willing to go a bit lower, but I think they might be lacking in bass for your needs. They are more suited to classical than metal. If you want nice and clear highs I'd stay shy of most Shure offerings, especially the 215. HF5 is supposed to sound similar to the ER4P, known for clarity and not so much for bass.
Edited by RockonPC - 9/8/13 at 5:15pm
Alright, so I decided to head out to my local guitar center to see if they had anything you guys suggested. While I was there I actually ended up buying a few things, but one of the items was the Shure SE215! It was the only one they had, and I was too anxious to wait any longer, so I bought it. I've tested it with many varieties of music, my personal bands, such as Capture The Crown, Outline in Color, and Claim the Empire, along with some other music I own, such as Muse and some other genres that I don't normally listen to, and I am very pleased with them. The sound quality is excellent, the highs are crisp, and the lows are good, but other than that I am very pleased. I'm sure once I let the break in they will sound better, can't wait!
good to hear, and yes those are micro dynamic drivers so with time the iems will give you a better sound after break in.
- Best IEMs Under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Adding lists under components? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 10 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)