- 12 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productShure SE215 Special Editiontagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Confused with Shure SE215... Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear earphones for rock and classical music, around $150 Last post on 6/18/12 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM $100-$200 Last post on 6/13/12 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CX980, SE215, Turbine, Westone 1, UE700... Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Best IEMs Under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I started my sonic search as you did. I think the best at that price is Shure 215ltd. It has the extended bass and of the entire Shure line up is the best bargain. It also has strong replaceable cables that you can use at the gym or traveling with little fear of breakage. The sound is turned quite good for your type of music.
The high end is what I remember about the SE215. Namely, they are not very sparkly at all. This is probably a deal breaker for some, but for me, I have a very small tolerance for sparkliness. I sold my Sennheiser HD25-1 ii due to their harshness and sibilance. These I find are not very bright at all, which makes it easier for me to listen to music for longer periods of time On the downside, music doesn't seem as lively on the top end. Cymbals and other percussion instruments don't seem that lively and kind of take a backseat to the low and mid range.
Edited by decrea - 9/8/13 at 10:05am
I think the GR07 MKII might be your best bet. You can find them for $130 on lendmeurears or $180 on Amazon. The TDK BA200, RE400 are other good options in the price range. I have the ER4P for sale as well ($250 new, sale for $215 atm) and might be willing to go a bit lower, but I think they might be lacking in bass for your needs. They are more suited to classical than metal. If you want nice and clear highs I'd stay shy of most Shure offerings, especially the 215. HF5 is supposed to sound similar to the ER4P, known for clarity and not so much for bass.
Edited by RockonPC - 9/8/13 at 5:15pm
Alright, so I decided to head out to my local guitar center to see if they had anything you guys suggested. While I was there I actually ended up buying a few things, but one of the items was the Shure SE215! It was the only one they had, and I was too anxious to wait any longer, so I bought it. I've tested it with many varieties of music, my personal bands, such as Capture The Crown, Outline in Color, and Claim the Empire, along with some other music I own, such as Muse and some other genres that I don't normally listen to, and I am very pleased with them. The sound quality is excellent, the highs are crisp, and the lows are good, but other than that I am very pleased. I'm sure once I let the break in they will sound better, can't wait!
good to hear, and yes those are micro dynamic drivers so with time the iems will give you a better sound after break in.
- Best IEMs Under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 36 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-100 thread 1 minute ago
- › Emotive Fusion 8100 anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › I will surely hate myself 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Next Meet in the Middle, Seattle- Portland meet, fall 2014 3 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)