- 12 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productShure SE215 Special Editiontagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Confused with Shure SE215... Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestion needed: Headphones to block out music and female screams Last post on 6/17/13 at 2:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wanted - On-Ear phones with a sound like UE Triple-Fi 10's Last post on 3/22/13 at 6:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear earphones for rock and classical music, around $150 Last post on 6/18/12 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
These were my first pair of cans that I consider my baptism of audiophile stuff. I used them with Fiio E10 as dac and Schiit Asgard as amp. Yes, they sounded good, but not as good as my...
The joys of reviewing a favorite product have eluded yours truly, until the T20 from RHA (Reid & Heath Acoustics) came along, supplied for review by my good friends at Headphone Zone...
A few years back, my family and I underwent a rather large home renovation (including not having a kitchen for 10 weeks; suffice it to say I was sick of take-out food after the summer of 2014). As...
INTRO I purchased these headphones on a whim out of curiosity as the design looked really cool and also I wanted to see what Audioquest might be thinking with their first foray in to headphones...
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
Best IEMs Under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I started my sonic search as you did. I think the best at that price is Shure 215ltd. It has the extended bass and of the entire Shure line up is the best bargain. It also has strong replaceable cables that you can use at the gym or traveling with little fear of breakage. The sound is turned quite good for your type of music.
The high end is what I remember about the SE215. Namely, they are not very sparkly at all. This is probably a deal breaker for some, but for me, I have a very small tolerance for sparkliness. I sold my Sennheiser HD25-1 ii due to their harshness and sibilance. These I find are not very bright at all, which makes it easier for me to listen to music for longer periods of time On the downside, music doesn't seem as lively on the top end. Cymbals and other percussion instruments don't seem that lively and kind of take a backseat to the low and mid range.
Edited by decrea - 9/8/13 at 10:05am
I think the GR07 MKII might be your best bet. You can find them for $130 on lendmeurears or $180 on Amazon. The TDK BA200, RE400 are other good options in the price range. I have the ER4P for sale as well ($250 new, sale for $215 atm) and might be willing to go a bit lower, but I think they might be lacking in bass for your needs. They are more suited to classical than metal. If you want nice and clear highs I'd stay shy of most Shure offerings, especially the 215. HF5 is supposed to sound similar to the ER4P, known for clarity and not so much for bass.
Edited by RockonPC - 9/8/13 at 5:15pm
Alright, so I decided to head out to my local guitar center to see if they had anything you guys suggested. While I was there I actually ended up buying a few things, but one of the items was the Shure SE215! It was the only one they had, and I was too anxious to wait any longer, so I bought it. I've tested it with many varieties of music, my personal bands, such as Capture The Crown, Outline in Color, and Claim the Empire, along with some other music I own, such as Muse and some other genres that I don't normally listen to, and I am very pleased with them. The sound quality is excellent, the highs are crisp, and the lows are good, but other than that I am very pleased. I'm sure once I let the break in they will sound better, can't wait!
good to hear, and yes those are micro dynamic drivers so with time the iems will give you a better sound after break in.
- Best IEMs Under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › "The Lab" 17 seconds ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 26 seconds ago
- › Headphones and Earbuds 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO Q5, Flagship DAC/Amp, an Dual DAC, USB/Optical/Coaxial/Line... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica AD-700 (purple) Any Good? 4 minutes ago
- › Enter for a chance to win Sennheiser MOMENTUM Headphones and even a... 6 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 8 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 12 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › RHA T20 by ShreyasMax
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3