- 12 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productShure SE215 Special Editiontagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by nightmancometh, 9/10/13
Related Forum Threads
- Confused with Shure SE215... Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading from Shure 530s Last post on 9/26/12 at 10:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in-ear earphones for rock and classical music, around $150 Last post on 6/18/12 at 5:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM $100-$200 Last post on 6/13/12 at 10:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CX980, SE215, Turbine, Westone 1, UE700... Last post on 8/18/11 at 10:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
Best IEMs Under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I started my sonic search as you did. I think the best at that price is Shure 215ltd. It has the extended bass and of the entire Shure line up is the best bargain. It also has strong replaceable cables that you can use at the gym or traveling with little fear of breakage. The sound is turned quite good for your type of music.
The high end is what I remember about the SE215. Namely, they are not very sparkly at all. This is probably a deal breaker for some, but for me, I have a very small tolerance for sparkliness. I sold my Sennheiser HD25-1 ii due to their harshness and sibilance. These I find are not very bright at all, which makes it easier for me to listen to music for longer periods of time On the downside, music doesn't seem as lively on the top end. Cymbals and other percussion instruments don't seem that lively and kind of take a backseat to the low and mid range.
Edited by decrea - 9/8/13 at 10:05am
I think the GR07 MKII might be your best bet. You can find them for $130 on lendmeurears or $180 on Amazon. The TDK BA200, RE400 are other good options in the price range. I have the ER4P for sale as well ($250 new, sale for $215 atm) and might be willing to go a bit lower, but I think they might be lacking in bass for your needs. They are more suited to classical than metal. If you want nice and clear highs I'd stay shy of most Shure offerings, especially the 215. HF5 is supposed to sound similar to the ER4P, known for clarity and not so much for bass.
Edited by RockonPC - 9/8/13 at 5:15pm
Alright, so I decided to head out to my local guitar center to see if they had anything you guys suggested. While I was there I actually ended up buying a few things, but one of the items was the Shure SE215! It was the only one they had, and I was too anxious to wait any longer, so I bought it. I've tested it with many varieties of music, my personal bands, such as Capture The Crown, Outline in Color, and Claim the Empire, along with some other music I own, such as Muse and some other genres that I don't normally listen to, and I am very pleased with them. The sound quality is excellent, the highs are crisp, and the lows are good, but other than that I am very pleased. I'm sure once I let the break in they will sound better, can't wait!
good to hear, and yes those are micro dynamic drivers so with time the iems will give you a better sound after break in.
- Best IEMs Under $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 21 seconds ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 31 seconds ago
- › Free: Zalman Zm-Mic1 Microphone 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] Tralucent Audio: Ref 1 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 5 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)