Hi guys I am looking for recommendations for an upgrade to my shure srh 840s which have just broke. Im looking for something from 300 bucks or under. I like the sound of the shures but something with a bit more bass would be nice as well. Thanks.
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which earpads are compatible Last post on 2/9/15 at 10:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $100-$200 closed back headphones Last post on 2/19/15 at 1:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hello Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking For Some New Cans Last post on 2/3/15 at 6:30am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Shure srh840 upgrade
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Depends on what type of genre of music you listen to, I will suggest you to look into;
Sony MDR-1R - Warm, smooth, coloured, slow, not neutral. Plastic, carrying pouch. Earcups fold flat.
Sennheiser Momentum - Warm, few dB boost in the bass department, deep bass, loose bass, rolled off highs, awesome accuracy, may lack soundstage. Carrying case. Sturdy build. Not at all foldable
PSB M4U1 - Excellent in imaging, soundstage, instrumental separation, accuracy. Neutral. Deep-sub bass but not at all emphasised. Build quality are mostly plastic but foldable and comes with a portable case and detachable cable. Reference sound. Foldable design. Detailed
AKG K550 - Neutral, wider soundstage than M4U1 but lose in imaging althought it's still great. Clarity. Big earcups makes it hard to get perfect seal. Deep sub-bass and pretty well controlled. Accurate and neutral. Reference sound signature. No detachable cable and carrying case/pouch but mostly metal build. The just announced AKG K545 is to replace K550. Earcups folds flat. Detailed
AKG K167- Forward mids, rolled off bass. Poor build. Decently wide soundstage.
Hope it helps!
Hi I mostly listen to rap and rock but do sometimes listen to a bit of classical. I was looking at the denonAH-D600 as well as they are almost in my price range. Thanks for the recommendations
Edited by sgs2008 - 9/8/13 at 6:30am
A bit off topic but how did you break your shures?Can you also post a picture of your broken headphones? I would like to see how did this happen because I also own a pair and I like it quite a bit...I would like to avoid breaking them
The bass on the D600 is extremely big so it might not be for everyone
Hi the connection between the head band and the ear cup snapped as i was putting it on.
- Shure srh840 upgrade
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Band Name Game II 8 seconds ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 43 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HA-01M 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Over-ear headphones for about $150 5 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics AS/ASG-1 Plus Information and Discussions 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2