Hi guys I am looking for recommendations for an upgrade to my shure srh 840s which have just broke. Im looking for something from 300 bucks or under. I like the sound of the shures but something with a bit more bass would be nice as well. Thanks.
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which earpads are compatible Last post on 2/9/15 at 10:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $100-$200 closed back headphones Last post on 2/19/15 at 1:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hello Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking For Some New Cans Last post on 2/3/15 at 6:30am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Disclaimer: I am in not associated with any company; my views are mine, and my own. The Thinksound Rain2 is the newest IEM produced and designed by the environmentally friendly company...
Introduction: When I first came accross the AudioMinor in e-bay I was surprised that the seller is located in the country where I live: Turkey. I have contacted with the company owner/ebay...
For those if you who know me, you know i prefer the FR curve to be as neutral as possible. I have the Etymotic ER4s (ER4p with Etymotic's 75 ohm converter cable), had the HF5, and tried many...
Around 2009, the rumbling and chatter at Headfi.org was getting louder… It was beginning to roar. There was mention of a DIY designer who had an amp that would not only change headphone...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Shure srh840 upgrade
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Depends on what type of genre of music you listen to, I will suggest you to look into;
Sony MDR-1R - Warm, smooth, coloured, slow, not neutral. Plastic, carrying pouch. Earcups fold flat.
Sennheiser Momentum - Warm, few dB boost in the bass department, deep bass, loose bass, rolled off highs, awesome accuracy, may lack soundstage. Carrying case. Sturdy build. Not at all foldable
PSB M4U1 - Excellent in imaging, soundstage, instrumental separation, accuracy. Neutral. Deep-sub bass but not at all emphasised. Build quality are mostly plastic but foldable and comes with a portable case and detachable cable. Reference sound. Foldable design. Detailed
AKG K550 - Neutral, wider soundstage than M4U1 but lose in imaging althought it's still great. Clarity. Big earcups makes it hard to get perfect seal. Deep sub-bass and pretty well controlled. Accurate and neutral. Reference sound signature. No detachable cable and carrying case/pouch but mostly metal build. The just announced AKG K545 is to replace K550. Earcups folds flat. Detailed
AKG K167- Forward mids, rolled off bass. Poor build. Decently wide soundstage.
Hope it helps!
Hi I mostly listen to rap and rock but do sometimes listen to a bit of classical. I was looking at the denonAH-D600 as well as they are almost in my price range. Thanks for the recommendations
Edited by sgs2008 - 9/8/13 at 6:30am
A bit off topic but how did you break your shures?Can you also post a picture of your broken headphones? I would like to see how did this happen because I also own a pair and I like it quite a bit...I would like to avoid breaking them
The bass on the D600 is extremely big so it might not be for everyone
Hi the connection between the head band and the ear cup snapped as i was putting it on.
- Shure srh840 upgrade
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet Vol. 3 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2015 (April 18,... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › Nice Competition: Alclair, Native DSD, Music Direct & iFi Audio... 5 minutes ago
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Hifi Enthusiast
- › Schiit Vali by CEE TEE
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by ClieOS
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by potatoe94
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3