Hi guys I am looking for recommendations for an upgrade to my shure srh 840s which have just broke. Im looking for something from 300 bucks or under. I like the sound of the shures but something with a bit more bass would be nice as well. Thanks.
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendation for closed back and over ear headphones for $200 that work well amped and unamped? Last post on 7/14/15 at 10:57am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for movies? Last post on 2/19/15 at 3:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which earpads are compatible Last post on 2/9/15 at 10:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- $100-$200 closed back headphones Last post on 2/19/15 at 1:53am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hello Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:33am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Introduction I would like to start this review off by saying thank you to the folks at Pro-Ject Audio systems for lending me a pair of their brand new Hear-it-One headphones....
Preamble: Before I start with my review, I’d like to thank Vivian from DUNU-Topsound for providing me with a sample of the DN-2000J for my evaluation. My review reflects my actual honest opinion...
Shure srh840 upgrade
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Depends on what type of genre of music you listen to, I will suggest you to look into;
Sony MDR-1R - Warm, smooth, coloured, slow, not neutral. Plastic, carrying pouch. Earcups fold flat.
Sennheiser Momentum - Warm, few dB boost in the bass department, deep bass, loose bass, rolled off highs, awesome accuracy, may lack soundstage. Carrying case. Sturdy build. Not at all foldable
PSB M4U1 - Excellent in imaging, soundstage, instrumental separation, accuracy. Neutral. Deep-sub bass but not at all emphasised. Build quality are mostly plastic but foldable and comes with a portable case and detachable cable. Reference sound. Foldable design. Detailed
AKG K550 - Neutral, wider soundstage than M4U1 but lose in imaging althought it's still great. Clarity. Big earcups makes it hard to get perfect seal. Deep sub-bass and pretty well controlled. Accurate and neutral. Reference sound signature. No detachable cable and carrying case/pouch but mostly metal build. The just announced AKG K545 is to replace K550. Earcups folds flat. Detailed
AKG K167- Forward mids, rolled off bass. Poor build. Decently wide soundstage.
Hope it helps!
Hi I mostly listen to rap and rock but do sometimes listen to a bit of classical. I was looking at the denonAH-D600 as well as they are almost in my price range. Thanks for the recommendations
Edited by sgs2008 - 9/8/13 at 6:30am
A bit off topic but how did you break your shures?Can you also post a picture of your broken headphones? I would like to see how did this happen because I also own a pair and I like it quite a bit...I would like to avoid breaking them
The bass on the D600 is extremely big so it might not be for everyone
Hi the connection between the head band and the ear cup snapped as i was putting it on.
- Shure srh840 upgrade
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 4 seconds ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 6 minutes ago
- › Budget Portable Source Player 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 7 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 8 minutes ago
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2