Hi guys I am looking for recommendations for an upgrade to my shure srh 840s which have just broke. Im looking for something from 300 bucks or under. I like the sound of the shures but something with a bit more bass would be nice as well. Thanks.
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Portable Earphones Under £70 Last post on 12/15/13 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Amp Suggestions for Shure 840 and AKG K172HD Last post on 12/15/13 at 6:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound isolation. Last post on 12/6/13 at 10:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure 840 pads Last post on 12/4/13 at 6:17pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Looking for closed over-ear headphones around $200(Dt1350/M-80/SRH840/HFI-580/HD 25-1 II/Pro700MK2) Last post on 12/6/13 at 4:00pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
Shure srh840 upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 69/8/13 at 6:00amHello!
Depends on what type of genre of music you listen to, I will suggest you to look into;
Sony MDR-1R - Warm, smooth, coloured, slow, not neutral. Plastic, carrying pouch. Earcups fold flat.
Sennheiser Momentum - Warm, few dB boost in the bass department, deep bass, loose bass, rolled off highs, awesome accuracy, may lack soundstage. Carrying case. Sturdy build. Not at all foldable
PSB M4U1 - Excellent in imaging, soundstage, instrumental separation, accuracy. Neutral. Deep-sub bass but not at all emphasised. Build quality are mostly plastic but foldable and comes with a portable case and detachable cable. Reference sound. Foldable design. Detailed
AKG K550 - Neutral, wider soundstage than M4U1 but lose in imaging althought it's still great. Clarity. Big earcups makes it hard to get perfect seal. Deep sub-bass and pretty well controlled. Accurate and neutral. Reference sound signature. No detachable cable and carrying case/pouch but mostly metal build. The just announced AKG K545 is to replace K550. Earcups folds flat. Detailed
AKG K167- Forward mids, rolled off bass. Poor build. Decently wide soundstage.
Hope it helps!
Billsonpost #3 of 69/8/13 at 6:22amThread Starter
Hi I mostly listen to rap and rock but do sometimes listen to a bit of classical. I was looking at the denonAH-D600 as well as they are almost in my price range. Thanks for the recommendations
Edited by sgs2008 - 9/8/13 at 6:30ampost #4 of 69/8/13 at 9:09am
A bit off topic but how did you break your shures?Can you also post a picture of your broken headphones? I would like to see how did this happen because I also own a pair and I like it quite a bit...I would like to avoid breaking thempost #5 of 69/8/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
The bass on the D600 is extremely big so it might not be for everyonepost #6 of 69/8/13 at 4:50pmThread StarterQuote:
Hi the connection between the head band and the ear cup snapped as i was putting it on.
- Shure srh840 upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser Momentum cheaper alternative 5 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Amplifiers shootout for Stax 009 (Eddie Current Electra, AudioValve... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 7 minutes ago
- › REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 8 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe