Hi guys I am looking for recommendations for an upgrade to my shure srh 840s which have just broke. Im looking for something from 300 bucks or under. I like the sound of the shures but something with a bit more bass would be nice as well. Thanks.
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 9/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- Best Headphones Under $200 (Bias Free) Last post on 8/29/14 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Dissappointed Sennheiser MOMENTUM Owner Looking for Recommendations Last post on 8/27/14 at 1:43am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Closed headphones for <$200 Last post on 6/26/14 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 25 vs Shure SRH840 Last post on 6/5/14 at 12:49am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need advice on choosing headphones for live sound monitoring (mostly rock bands with some... Last post on 6/3/14 at 2:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Shure srh840 upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends on what type of genre of music you listen to, I will suggest you to look into;
Sony MDR-1R - Warm, smooth, coloured, slow, not neutral. Plastic, carrying pouch. Earcups fold flat.
Sennheiser Momentum - Warm, few dB boost in the bass department, deep bass, loose bass, rolled off highs, awesome accuracy, may lack soundstage. Carrying case. Sturdy build. Not at all foldable
PSB M4U1 - Excellent in imaging, soundstage, instrumental separation, accuracy. Neutral. Deep-sub bass but not at all emphasised. Build quality are mostly plastic but foldable and comes with a portable case and detachable cable. Reference sound. Foldable design. Detailed
AKG K550 - Neutral, wider soundstage than M4U1 but lose in imaging althought it's still great. Clarity. Big earcups makes it hard to get perfect seal. Deep sub-bass and pretty well controlled. Accurate and neutral. Reference sound signature. No detachable cable and carrying case/pouch but mostly metal build. The just announced AKG K545 is to replace K550. Earcups folds flat. Detailed
AKG K167- Forward mids, rolled off bass. Poor build. Decently wide soundstage.
Hope it helps!
Hi I mostly listen to rap and rock but do sometimes listen to a bit of classical. I was looking at the denonAH-D600 as well as they are almost in my price range. Thanks for the recommendations
Edited by sgs2008 - 9/8/13 at 6:30am
A bit off topic but how did you break your shures?Can you also post a picture of your broken headphones? I would like to see how did this happen because I also own a pair and I like it quite a bit...I would like to avoid breaking them
The bass on the D600 is extremely big so it might not be for everyone
Hi the connection between the head band and the ear cup snapped as i was putting it on.
- Shure srh840 upgrade
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 21 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Reference 7 2 minutes ago
- › Receiver/amp cleaning (dust/pet hair)? 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Hifiman He-500 4 minutes ago
- › What's the Sound I'm Looking For? 5 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)